Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Zannah vs Jancen Solo aka Darth Caedus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Zannah vs Jancen Solo aka Darth Caedus

DarthVarrak
01.01.2012 , 09:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This only proves that Sidious was far more powerful then his master, if the master couldn't sense his apprentice's intentions he is weaker then the apprentice himself. There are 3 things that notify that Plagueis was weaker then Sidious.

1. He slept and his apprentice figured out where he slept, thus he failed in hiding and an even bigger failure that he had his guard down

2. He taught Sidious everything he knew(save for immortality, but that is irrelvent as Sidious figures out a way to achieve this anyway.)

3. He couldn't sense what his apprentice was about to do, this was clearly the biggest sign that Sidious was more powerful then his master. Force sense to the jedi/sith are pretty much like breathing, the moment you can't sense another's intentions you are lost and you will die.
Exactly my point
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel

Durzaka
01.01.2012 , 11:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathforged View Post
Point taken but being more cunning and deceitful doesn't mean you are more powerful.

Case in point Sidious didn't surpass his masters knowledge as he even tells Anakin that he never figured out how his master prolonged his life but that maybe they could figure it out together.
Exactly.

So, technically Sidious isnt the strongest, because he didnt learn everything there was, but he is considered the strongest sith (i dont know if its G canon or not) ever.
Durzaka Retribution

DarthVarrak
01.01.2012 , 11:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
Exactly.

So, technically Sidious isnt the strongest, because he didnt learn everything there was, but he is considered the strongest sith (i dont know if its G canon or not) ever.
Knowing everything isn't the only thing to Sith power, and yes Sidious did eventually learn a form of extended life via clones of himself (even if it is cheating). This was discussed in the second page, but it may have been overlooked, no worries my friend.

*Edit: HEY! I remember you, we had the discussion about the Mercenaries need and interrupt! What up brah!
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel

Rhyltran
01.02.2012 , 12:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathforged View Post
Point taken but being more cunning and deceitful doesn't mean you are more powerful.

Case in point Sidious didn't surpass his masters knowledge as he even tells Anakin that he never figured out how his master prolonged his life but that maybe they could figure it out together.
No. You are wrong. Sidious said he didn't know how his master could keep the ones he cared about from dying. Sidious is evil and doesn't care about anyone. Why would he care about keeping those he cares about from dying? It was only used to get Anakin to side with him. Sidious was immortal. He switched bodies. He could even switch bodies after death. He'd die, become a spirit, and then switch to a new body.

The only thing he couldn't do was create life but why would he? He didn't care to. He was all about destruction. Plagueis couldn't destroy planets either. Not from what we know of him. Sidious could.