Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So why isn't BW/EA doing what they said about letting people in?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
So why isn't BW/EA doing what they said about letting people in?

Ravanofdarkness's Avatar


Ravanofdarkness
12.13.2011 , 07:59 PM | #11
Wish they would put me in an Server already, i've checkt all the EU Server and they are light at the moment.

HunchaBoes's Avatar


HunchaBoes
12.13.2011 , 08:01 PM | #12
It isn't about whether their server load can handle the usage. It can. The thing they are worried about is game play experience for people. They don't want 90million people competing for the same quest mobs making for an unpleasant early access/launch experience.

This is why they are staggering the invites to early access.

Thirden's Avatar


Thirden
12.13.2011 , 08:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
I know for a fact that a friend got into early access, and he pre-ordered in September. But my 2nd account was pre-ordered in August.

How can that be, if they supposedly started with the first pre-order and running through the database? Both of my accounts are CE, and his isn't - so that's not it either.


Does anyone know for sure how they're doing early access? cuz it's clearly not starting with #1 and working their way down the list.
Doesn't matter when you actually spend the money to preorder. It just matters when you REGISTER that preorder code. And also, chillax. Have a drink and go to bed early, you may be in tomorrow.
"With every kill I gain wisdom. And with added wisdom I gain power." -Artemis Entreri

StreetDawGG's Avatar


StreetDawGG
12.13.2011 , 08:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Thirden View Post
And also, chillax. Have a drink and go to bed early, you may be in tomorrow.
Am3n!
||| "its the one that says BAD M*TH*F*CKA! |||

Tweekers's Avatar


Tweekers
12.13.2011 , 08:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
They'll have to add more servers. They are already at standard (some are at heavy) on almost every US server with this small amount of people playing. They'll need at least triple this many by actual launch.
Are you sure they don't plan to increase the server limit as they allow more people in?

Hellvez's Avatar


Hellvez
12.13.2011 , 08:06 PM | #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumagai
I should have just waited until launch bc at the rate they are going people who ordered in early november will get like two days of head start. This is the weakest early start ever, even STO gave us more time than this. I can't believe I paid in advance for nothing






Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
You get a color stone; which all pre-orders do. You are speculating you will get two extra days of gaming; for absolutely no extra charges beyond the base cost of the game. You're not some special godly millionaire customer that game developers cherish more than their own mothers. Get over it, and see you at retail launch.

I have to agree that this is pretty bad from BW, considering they never said anything about the time you would get into the headstart related to the time you actually registered your preorder, until very close to the end of beta. I have been playing MMO's since original EQ, have beta'd and played several, and I dont think any other game that offered a preorder, did it this way. In some ways , you could call it a "Bait and Switch" marketing ploy, which is an illegal practice in the U.S.
Its not a matter of crying about not getting all the days or 2 of the days or w/e....its about being mislead.

Sabster's Avatar


Sabster
12.13.2011 , 08:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thirden View Post
Doesn't matter when you actually spend the money to preorder. It just matters when you REGISTER that preorder code. And also, chillax. Have a drink and go to bed early, you may be in tomorrow.
Mine were registered in July and August. His was registered in September.

There are several people saying they got in, and pre-ordered in December. (and I can confirm some of them).

Thirden's Avatar


Thirden
12.13.2011 , 08:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tweekers View Post
Are you sure they don't plan to increase the server limit as they allow more people in?
Spoiler
"With every kill I gain wisdom. And with added wisdom I gain power." -Artemis Entreri

Jxspyder's Avatar


Jxspyder
12.13.2011 , 08:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellvez View Post
I have to agree that this is pretty bad from BW, considering they never said anything about the time you would get into the headstart related to the time you actually registered your preorder, until very close to the end of beta. I have been playing MMO's since original EQ, have beta'd and played several, and I dont think any other game that offered a preorder, did it this way. In some ways , you could call it a "Bait and Switch" marketing ploy, which is an illegal practice in the U.S.
Its not a matter of crying about not getting all the days or 2 of the days or w/e....its about being mislead.
Armchair lawyer ftw. Under no circumstances could you call this a bait and switch, as they've been upfront since the beginning. When you pre-order and get your pre-order code, you are told you will get early access. When you register said code, you get an email that says you will get up to 5 days. Back in July, you got an email that said up to 5 days. In the last month, they've added to that time, giving people up to 7 days. It's absolutely a matter of crying. You weren't mislead, you ignored information.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

NathanielStarr's Avatar


NathanielStarr
12.13.2011 , 08:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tweekers View Post
Are you sure they don't plan to increase the server limit as they allow more people in?
Well surely they could do that, but is that what they will do? They did say in one of their recent posts that they will be adding more servers, but it wasn't specific.