Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake
01.01.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1
WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [I'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

Mendellium
01.01.2012 , 04:21 PM | #2
I got the impression that we didn't totally "kill" him. I suspect we may be seeing him again.

WhoDaresWins
01.01.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

BawssMcgee
01.01.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4
We will be seeing him again, as will we see HK-47. He does not die and he also clearly says "I can repair but he won't be the same"
Level 50 Sorcerer - Helm of Garush

BawssMcgee
01.01.2012 , 04:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.

He joined the dark side for a reason...
Level 50 Sorcerer - Helm of Garush

Revan-the-knight
01.01.2012 , 04:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [I'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.
nag bioware enough and they will change that, remember way back in the day when the Consular sage was called Jedi Wizard? enough people say no Bioware makes things happen, Revan shall return
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

lordalif
01.01.2012 , 04:27 PM | #7
I thought his last words were superb, it also fuels my jedi's rage to kill all sith :P. I would like to believe its not the end of revan but i think it was an ok way to go, it shows u that the character u play as is strong enough to be a match for Revan himself.

Sandmanmr
01.01.2012 , 04:28 PM | #8
burning crusade with reven instead of illadin, thats whats gonna happen

ScheurK
01.01.2012 , 06:03 PM | #9
You don't kill Revan! Because when you look at his healthbar he got 9k left before vanishes.
Or it would mean he willingly died to become one with the force.

DarthVarrak
01.01.2012 , 07:03 PM | #10
"The Foundry was just a setback!!" opening line of the upcoming expansion pack Wrath of Revan.
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel