Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What type of server should I join?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What type of server should I join?

MattyJS's Avatar


MattyJS
12.13.2011 , 07:58 PM | #1
PvP or RP-PvP?

I dabbled in SWG and enjoyed both PvP and some light to medium RP.

I wonder if I go strict PvP that I won't get to dabble in RP at all but if I choose a RP-PvP server that the RP will be overbearing.

Is there anyone out there who could give me some advice on this? Thank you very much!
"I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can."
-Babe Ruth

xnoxiousx's Avatar


xnoxiousx
12.13.2011 , 08:00 PM | #2
Simple do you like role playing in mmo's? If so rp-pvp if not normal and you just enjoy normal game not trying to fit your character.

MattyJS's Avatar


MattyJS
12.13.2011 , 08:11 PM | #3
I like light to medium RP. Not so much heavy. And I really like PvP.
"I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can."
-Babe Ruth

Jaikob's Avatar


Jaikob
12.13.2011 , 08:45 PM | #4
I chose PvE for my main (Jedi Knight) and PvP for my sith inquisitor. I don't like the concept of being attacked whenever possible, it can get annoying at times, thus is why I will be using my PvE character more. I really care about the story.

PvE also lets you choose to fight someone in designated area.

DarthBub's Avatar


DarthBub
12.13.2011 , 08:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MattyJS View Post
I like light to medium RP. Not so much heavy. And I really like PvP.
Maybe try a RP-PVP server then? Usually the RP is pretty light on those types and more skewed towards PVP.
/moo

Enako's Avatar


Enako
12.13.2011 , 09:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MattyJS View Post
PvP or RP-PvP?

I dabbled in SWG and enjoyed both PvP and some light to medium RP.

I wonder if I go strict PvP that I won't get to dabble in RP at all but if I choose a RP-PvP server that the RP will be overbearing.

Is there anyone out there who could give me some advice on this? Thank you very much!
go RP. or with full label (rp-pve).

swg's flag on- flag off pvp exists in rpp pve.

pvp server, basically means 'ganking'. just recall how wow was.

MattyJS's Avatar


MattyJS
12.13.2011 , 10:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBub View Post
Maybe try a RP-PVP server then? Usually the RP is pretty light on those types and more skewed towards PVP.
Ok great, this is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I guess I should have just asked how heavy on the PvP those servers generally are.
"I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can."
-Babe Ruth

Nozze's Avatar


Nozze
12.13.2011 , 11:38 PM | #8
I'll second that RP-PVP is probably what you're after.
Wound in the Force - Quorra - Scrapper Scoundrel
Vote for me in the Maxim Gamer Girl Contest!
http://www.maximgamergirl.com/quorra
You can vote once a day, every day until May 25th.