Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Erelenko
01.01.2012 , 01:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CovenantOfDeath View Post
On thing is obvious: You can't hope to gain clients from other established MMO in Europe if you're providing a worse service than them.

And BW and SWTOR are the worst MMO with physical infraestructure in Europe in customer service. If they keep they manteniance downtimes in US time for Europe, they are not only going to gain customers form those MMO games., they are going to made those customers going back to the games of the competence.

It's hilarious that even the Free to Play MMOs have a better customer service in Europe than the lastest MMO launched in Europe (And I'm talking about this game).
The newest one has the worst service of all of them, FTP included. And it's a monthly membership fee... HILARIOUS!
One point for you bro

SourD
01.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #22
Move to the USA?

Has there been any major MMO's developed in the EU?

ninoss
01.01.2012 , 01:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CovenantOfDeath View Post
On thing is obvious: You can't hope to gain clients from other established MMO in Europe if you're providing a worse service than them.

And BW and SWTOR are the worst MMO with physical infraestructure in Europe in customer service. If they keep they manteniance downtimes in US time for Europe, they are not only going to gain customers form those MMO games., they are going to made those customers going back to the games of the competence.

It's hilarious that even the Free to Play MMOs have a better customer service in Europe than the lastest MMO launched in Europe (And I'm talking about this game).
The newest one has the worst service of all of them, FTP included. And it's a monthly membership fee... HILARIOUS!
/agree

Quote: Originally Posted by SourD View Post
AoC, Eve online. Learn a bit before posting.

Urdnaxela
01.01.2012 , 01:35 PM | #24
Move to the USA?

Has there been any in US?
Proud member of the Red Zone .

atokadlayor
01.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #25
okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in
"Yeah so you have a lazersword and your almighty force, I have a Blaster and a Wookie...LETS DANCE! Atokad Farstrider, Smuggler and Scoundrel

Mandrax
01.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by atokadlayor View Post
okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in
People are asking for TWO maintenance schedules like pretty much every other AAA MMO out there.

Read the thread before posting (including the previous one that is now over 100 pages long).
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

ninoss
01.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #27
Thousands of players already said: SPLIT maintenance hours for euro and us servers.

Easy enough.

Dozens of MMO did that. Even F2P ones.

Urdnaxela
01.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #28
Yes, you're right of course.

Beside the first part of the sentence that would largely explain why americans are so much hated in the "rest of the world" (inlike probably austin/texas), it's incomprehensible to have SEPARATE maintenance timeframes.
Proud member of the Red Zone .

CovenantOfDeath
01.01.2012 , 01:39 PM | #29
Move to the USA?

Guy! The most played MMO worlwid are the Korean ones, made by and for Koreans and asiatic market.
Even the worst of them wipe on number any US MMO.

And now

What American MMO has been a success worldwide?

Answer yourself, the solution is simple even for you. And it's curious but it happens because is mostly played outside US than inside.

Erelenko
01.01.2012 , 01:40 PM | #30
Move to the USA?

If you really believe that a game as big as swtor is can survive just with the amercian customers, fine by me, but don't sell it officially in europe.
As simple as that
I played a lot of years eq in usa servers, obviously the downtimes were in off peak time for the customers , but for the love of god the swtor european servers are in galway(ireland).