Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

truedark
01.01.2012 , 01:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
Don't be passive about it.

I did it.

Some other people did it as well.

You can do it to.

If that won't make BW change their policy then they really do not deserve our money.
Wow this is stupid. You don't like maintenance times so you unsub?
CE VIP

Mandrax
01.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #12
That's odd, as it requires to set a subsrciption in order to actually use 30 days included in the copy.

But well, maybe they changed that.
No, what you have to do is subscribe first, then cancel. Once you've activated a subscription, you can then cancel and will have access to the forums until the date your sub runs out.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Keadin
01.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Urdnaxela View Post
So are you able to play?

i thought you were unable to play unless you had a subscription (either a time card or CC bought time)
I said I used game time.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

ninoss
01.01.2012 , 01:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Crenshaw View Post

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Reason is simple: they are US based and don't give a **** about european players. Even though they pay actually more (higher suscription fee) for less (6 days a week instead of 7).

ninoss
01.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by truedark View Post
Wow this is stupid. You don't like maintenance times so you unsub?
Yep.

If not accepting being treated as a second grade customer is stupid for you then keep being a mindless drone. I have enough self respect to require same quality of service for same (or atcually higher) amount of money I pay for said service.

Kakaroaches
01.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #16
What about 2-nd shift workers, bartneders etc?

Are they supposed to play at night instead of having normal day because BW set a GLOBAL maintenance in US night time?
Yes? There's no way they can do their maintenance and not have someone getting upset cos he/ she wants to play right at that time.

CovenantOfDeath
01.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #17
On thing is obvious: You can't hope to gain clients from other established MMO in Europe if you're providing a worse service than them.

And BW and SWTOR are the worst MMO with physical infraestructure in Europe in customer service. If they keep they manteniance downtimes in US time for Europe, they are not only going to gain customers form those MMO games., they are going to made those customers going back to the games of the competence.

It's hilarious that even the Free to Play MMOs have a better customer service in Europe than the lastest MMO launched in Europe (And I'm talking about this game).
The newest one has the worst service of all of them, FTP included. And it's a monthly membership fee... HILARIOUS!

Erelenko
01.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #18
Yep.

If not accepting being treated as a second grade customer is stupid for you then keep being a mindless drone. I have enough self respect to require some quality of service for same (or atcually higher) amount of money I pay for said service.
Amen to that

Urdnaxela
01.01.2012 , 01:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakaroaches View Post
Well obviously you are the norm and we should all change our schedules to accomodate you, you make the big bucks ofcourse so clearly your opinion has a lot more weight
Ooooh, being able to use sarcasm really does you credit. Who'd have thought you'd have it in you.

Of course he is not the norm. The norm is that when you sleep, all Earth goes to sleep too, and it's not like the Earth just moves around the Sun, according to some almost unworthy of mention Newton or Einstein's laws, it does so only to give beautiful sunrises and amazing sunsets to those god loving supremely blessed "you".

Why the whole Universe exists only so that "you" should have something else other than sheep to count when they chose to go on some boy scout camping and sleep outdoors.
Proud member of the Red Zone .

ninoss
01.01.2012 , 01:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakaroaches View Post
Yes? There's no way they can do their maintenance and not have someone getting upset cos he/ she wants to play right at that time.
Ofc, yet there is least players in middle of a night, in contradiction to middle of a DAY.

Easy enough or should I draw it for you?