Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Push/Pull for Juggernaut + Some Inquistor ideas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Force Push/Pull for Juggernaut + Some Inquistor ideas

Redden
12.27.2011 , 02:21 AM | #11
Agree, we should have a pull skill, like every tank in every recent mmo..give back our force pull thanks.

Canoftuna
12.27.2011 , 02:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gymnotiformes View Post
As an assassin tank I use overload to knock enemies away from ranged characters if they draw aggro and pull is on cooldown.
Noted!

zacharySW
12.27.2011 , 09:58 AM | #13
Unlike many games you can push mobs over edges, into pits, through doors. There are a lot of instances where you can take out a mob before the fight starts.

It is also fantastic for PvP tanking where you can knock the enemy off bridges and ledges.

Canoftuna
12.27.2011 , 04:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by zacharySW View Post
Unlike many games you can push mobs over edges, into pits, through doors. There are a lot of instances where you can take out a mob before the fight starts.

It is also fantastic for PvP tanking where you can knock the enemy off bridges and ledges.
Then perhaps an equal solution is what someone said previously, give both Assassins and Juggernauts Push and Pull and have them share a cooldown.

Kernunno
12.29.2011 , 05:19 AM | #15
I tend to use push in combination with charge. That way I get a double advantage: 1) the mob won't be hitting anyone for a while 2) I gain extra rage. It's quite useful.
Heisenberg may have been here.

artilleryshell
12.30.2011 , 06:39 PM | #16
shadow here. My threat area is around 10m from me. I'll keep that force pull TYVM.

if you'd like to add it to juggernaut/knight, how about we get some of your tasty cooldowns or perhaps force leap?
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

Canoftuna
12.31.2011 , 10:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by artilleryshell View Post
shadow here. My threat area is around 10m from me. I'll keep that force pull TYVM.

if you'd like to add it to juggernaut/knight, how about we get some of your tasty cooldowns or perhaps force leap?
I never wanted to take Pull away from Assassins, merely share. I think I even mentioned giving them a charge ability as well.

I haven't tried an Assassin yet, do you feel you actually NEED the cooldowns?

I'm not a fan of complete class homogenisation, but all 3 having a charge and a pull just makes sense.

Reico
12.31.2011 , 11:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by artilleryshell View Post

Yes please, the SI tank spec is extremely boring.
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

AxeX
01.01.2012 , 04:57 AM | #19
Force Pull and the Trooper/BH equivelant isn't a gap-closer, its a straggler taunt of sorts. I do agree you Juggernauts and Guardians should get one, it seems rather mandatory at this point, but I feel if you're given this, then the other tanks need to be given something as well. What should they get? I have no idea, I'd maybe like some less situational tank cooldowns myself, but thats not up to me.

Also, I use Force Wave (I assume thats the Consular equivelant of Overload) as a pseudo tanking cooldown sometimes, not on pushback immune bosses of course but on group of enemies its handy. Gives that extra breathing room the healers need.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS