Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Guardians, robes or armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Guardians, robes or armor?

Bustaperizm
01.01.2012 , 02:49 AM | #11
If they wanted a quick fudg fix to this. They could just add a few hood down customizeable robes to synth weaving. I've heard they have one or two hood down robes already in game. Just reskin those. Add a full blown hood on hood off feature later. It'd add some demand to synth weaving.

Hyperionthethird
01.01.2012 , 03:04 AM | #12
I can't understand at all the decision to make the hoods part of the robes and then give us silly little headbands to toggle on and off.

Claymorsch
01.02.2012 , 03:23 AM | #13
knights need protection
no matter what universe bro

Arkhias
01.02.2012 , 08:04 AM | #14
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if you're worried about looks, Jedi Knight is simply NOT the class to play. In addition to the other things mentioned in this thread, the free-flowing robe models currently look like Victorian-era dresses (with an expanded posterior region).

See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43334

Icedanno
01.02.2012 , 08:07 AM | #15
People...People. It's not like this game was made by a huge design company with a budget of millions and millions of dollars, ok?

There were obviously many many shortcuts and design options that were put in to make it easier to program. Yes, the budget for armor and costume design was probably a few hundred dollars, and yes, most armor sets are just reskinned versions of 4 or 5 basic sets, but when you are dealing with limited budget and and man power issues, you have to..

What? This game wasn't made by a small independent company? What's that? Budget of hundreds of millions of dollars? Really? Well.. Oh, that's how many people were involved in making this game? All those... wow

Umm... never mind.

Zhyss
01.02.2012 , 10:11 AM | #16
Would anyone give me some names of chest pieces that have armor underneath robes? I want the look the character generator was selling but can't tell in the synthweaving recipes what has the armor.

Thanks!

KahnyaGnorc
01.02.2012 , 11:13 AM | #17
My guardian is wearing a chestpiece designed for a trooper, but modded for a guardian. No hoods for her!

patheman
01.02.2012 , 01:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
There are classic Jedi robe looks in the game. The Peacekeeper's Chestguard and the ones that look like it re-colored are probably close to what you are looking for.

However, the hoods are stuck in the up position and make your character bald.

But there is a big outcry on this forum to get them changed and I think the Devs will soon come to their senses and give us hood down robes as well.
Around level 40 I started seeing peices of armor that look like the charactor creation screen and in orange. They came as drops, rewards, and commendation equipment. Now I am pretty decked out in all orange and peices of armor that look like the charactor selection screen, but not the colors I want just yet.

wadecounty
01.02.2012 , 01:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by patheman View Post
Around level 40 I started seeing peices of armor that look like the charactor creation screen and in orange. They came as drops, rewards, and commendation equipment. Now I am pretty decked out in all orange and peices of armor that look like the charactor selection screen, but not the colors I want just yet.
Its in there, the problem is it all comes hooded. None of it is in the game with the hood down, so you can't see your character's head.

SoldieroftheOne
01.02.2012 , 08:52 PM | #20
Capes people wear the capes. They look so much better. I will not be wearing the bubble butt robes ever. Nor will I be wearing trooper gear. You may have to spend more time looking for the capes or running more flashpoints but at least you would look heroic in a cape armor then freaking bath robes that all look the same.