Which of the romancable companions would you want to date IRL?

ReallyBadEggs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ick, I knew someone would pick jailbait. I've done that romance the least number of any of the class ROs. Even on very DS consulars it seems a bit too far.

It took me a while to figure out what "ick" stood for. 😅

It reminds me of the time on Big Bang Theory when Sheldon tells Penny what "afk" means, Penny responds "oh, I see" and Sheldon asks what "oic" stands for. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

• Dev Post

Gotta say I love this thread. Imagining how SWTOR companions would act in real life is definitely fun.

I think it depends if it's long-term vs short-term dating. If it's a weekend fling full of hijinks and laughs with someone who knows the best dive bars, I'd date Vette. For committed relationship stability with a partner who challenges you as well as supports you, I'd date Aric Jorgan.

And while dating spy boyfriend Theron is definitely fun to think about, I feel like it would be hard to get a date with him with that ridiculous work schedule.

• Dev Post

I agree with Ashley, we have so many companions all over the spectrum of personalities, egos, motivations, and desires that it’s fun to see the discussion around everyone’s likes and dislikes!

I may be a bit biased about our fearless Raven Squad leader, but I think Anri would be a blast to be around. I appreciate people who can crack snarky jokes with me, and she likes gardening–such a great hobby!

I would definitely date Vector Hyllus, but maybe before his Joining? I will 100% admit I would be a little unnerved by a whole hivemind listening in :p, but it would be hard to pass up spending time with such an accepting, thoughtful, and well-traveled person. Out of everyone, I feel like he has the most fascinating stories to share.

Also, I feel very validated that I saw someone else mention Sanju Pyne. :D When I first played the Imperial Agent story–many, many years ago–I was excited for that dashing smooth-talker to join my team.

I agree with Ashley, we have so many companions all over the spectrum of personalities, egos, motivations, and desires that it’s fun to see the discussion around everyone’s likes and dislikes!

I may be a bit biased about our fearless Raven Squad leader, but I think Anri would be a blast to be around. I appreciate people who can crack snarky jokes with me, and she likes gardening–such a great hobby!

I would definitely date Vector Hyllus, but maybe before his Joining? I will 100% admit I would be a little unnerved by a whole hivemind listening in :p, but it would be hard to pass up spending time with such an accepting, thoughtful, and well-traveled person. Out of everyone, I feel like he has the most fascinating stories to share.

Also, I feel very validated that I saw someone else mention Sanju Pyne. :D When I first played the Imperial Agent story–many, many years ago–I was excited for that dashing smooth-talker to join my team.

Shara Jenn AKA Watcher 2 is my Male Agent's true love. She's Trinity to his Neo, and he's been miserable since Rishi.

Beryl Thorne is also someone I want back for one of my Smugglers. And if Anri would defect my other smugger would like her.

PS. Does this mean we'll get Vector time soon?

My preferences from most to least:

1. Kira - Great sense of humor and doesn't mind having a little fun even if it means breaking some rules. Would be a great party girl too.

2. Vette - Another one with a great sense of humor. Treat her right and she's yours for life.

3. Mako - Good head on her shoulders and would be loyal as long as you aren't a bully or a jerk. Otherwise, she would leave you.

4. Akaavi ------ Someone who would be loyal to you as long as you are loyal to her. And she will keep you in line and kick your butt if you don't.

5. Lana ------ Another one who would be loyal to you as long as you are loyal to her. Also, she's very pragmatic and will give you a different perspective at looking at things even if they don't agree with yours.

6. Elara - As long as you can keep her in a lightened-up mood, she would be fine. But, when she becomes uptight, she could turn into a nag. I can imagine her during chores, such as folding laundry. If you don't do it properly she will get on you.

7. Light Side Jaesa - Miss Goody Two-shoes. The type of person you would bring home to mother. Also, would be the type of person to show off as arm candy when you want to impress others at events and parties.

8. Risha - The rich girl who would treat you like a boy-toy until she tires of you and moves on to the next boy-toy. But she has no problem throwing her money around to keep you happy as long as you are keeping her amused. She would definitely be the one to end a relationship instead of you.

9. Kaliyo - Need to be kept on your toes if you are with her, but she does have a great sense of humor with great one-liners. Probably has the sharpest/quickest mind of all the female companions while, at the same time, having the most unstable mind that could turn on you in an instant. Have to sleep with one eye opened with her.

10. Ashara - Too whiny. Would have to have high tolerance of her in order to be able to stay with her for a long-term commitment.

11. Nadia - Too immature. Reminds me too much of a 14-year-old girl. Probably was the one romance in the entire game that felt icky. Happened too fast after getting her as a companion (late in the story.) Went from some sort of father-figure / mentor (after her father died) to quickly being a perv going after some immature girl. My character(s) felt like I should be locked up after romancing her.

12. Ensign Temple - The type of girl who would keep dark secrets from you despite her friendly outward appearance. Besides, who could trust a girl who has no problem of murdering her own father?

13. Dark Side Jaesa - The crazy, psycho girlfriend who is probably wild in the bedroom. No way could I date someone like that. Have known too many girls IRL who acted like a crazy pyschopath.

Edit:

I want to add something about Jaesa. Soon after this game was released, I remember someone saying something about the Jaesa storylines. Can't remember where I heard it (on the forums or from someone in my first guild.) Anyway, they said it seemed like that the Light Side Jaesa storyline was written by a 70-year-old nun and the Dark Side Jaesa storyline was written by a 13-year-old ***** emo/goth teenage boy. When I heard that, I immediately laughed because I totally agree with that assessment.

Edited by nootsie

To play along:

- Sanju Pyne

- Malavai Quinn

- Aric Jorgan

That was me!!! I always thought Sanju would make a great addition to the female agent's team especially as an alternate LI to Vector.

Edited by Sarova

If I weren't happily married irl it would have to be Theron. His values seem to align closely with mine and I love his mix of capability and vulnerability. I also love his voice.

If he weren't around then I do very much like both Vector (I'm not bothered by his joining) and Talos. They're both very gentle people who would rather solve problems without violence, which is a big plus point for me. The only downside is that they're both Imperial loyalists and I'd have trouble with someone who very much supported a regime whose values are almost the opposite of my own.

Arcann is an interesting one to think about. He’s my favorite character and the companion that I’m most compelled to romance. He has several admirable qualities: there is no one more earnest than he, and the dedication he shows in trying to amend his violent past, even if it’s impossible, is inspiring.

I absolutely love him, but an actual relationship would take more than just love. It takes some real moral resolve to accept the good and bad sides of him. One thing to do it in game, much more difficult to actually live it.

And this relationship would not be easy. To say there’s baggage and trauma is an understatement. Actually being there every day through it all requires immense emotional intimacy and dedication. It’s not possible to merely date Arcann. I need to be completely committed right from the start.

Even so, I think that is what makes the Arcann romance so meaningful. This is not some casual thing: we’re in this together, for the good and bad, for life.

...and his voice of course :)

Edited by cosmicchar

Yeah I know it's Star Wars, but I tend to focus more on the characters who value life and people over dogmatic ideologies on either side. Which brings me to Elara.. <sigh> Okay, as a personality I think Elara is great. I like that she's awkward socially, a bit OCD, and has an unbreakable moral compass. However, her return was the absolute worst in the game. Sorryt, but as a woman, I cannot see how she could justify knowing Trooper is alive before Iokath and not even attempting to send a message!

Look, I'm closer to 40 than not, and maybe that's coloring things for me, but my Trooper would have understood her being kept away by duty. He recognizes that just because she's out of the Empire doesn't change her priorities. But Quinn (who tries to vape his SW after they agree to marry!) didn't contact because he was in jail. Elara, (who Trooper had a semi-normal, healthy relationship with,) just decides not to call or write? WHAT?

I always thought Sanju would make a great addition to the female agent's team especially as an alternate LI to Vector.

Definitely! I like Vector, but Sanju was a great partner for the agent's Balmorra story. They worked well together.

Can I just say, by the way, how delightful it is to have Bioware peeps responding to a fun, chatty topic like this? I've been hoping for more communication - and, while weighty stuff is important, it doesn't always have to be weighty stuff. Sometimes fluff is good!

On the topic, my top 3 would be Felix Iresso, Aric Jorgan, and Theron Shan.

Felix is a mature, low-drama guy. He listens, cares, and is respectful. He takes initiative in a relationship but isn't controlling. Relaxed and calm most of the time, but not afraid to stand up for what matters. He pays attention to his partner's ups and downs and is there when she really needs him. We already know he loves a top-tier comfy date of cuddling on a sofa and watching cheesy films.

Aric is strong-willed and passionate. He isn't afraid to push back when opinions differ, but he'll set disagreements aside to handle a crisis. Loyal and dedicated, a partner can trust him completely. For a date, I'm imagining some kind of intense outdoor sport that gets the adrenaline pumping and might even be a bit dangerous - but he'll have prepared all the equipment carefully, so whole thing will actually be super-safe. Maybe mountain-climbing? Getting to the top, he and his partner will enjoy the view together.

I have to agree that with Theron's work schedule a date might be difficult! It's possible his partner might have to be the one who does all the organising and basically brings him to it (so a date could be whatever you want). But Theron is such an appealing character that every bit of effort would be worth it. For someone with as many layers as him, it could be rewarding to be the supportive partner who helps him unfurl and feel human. Alternatively, if you're going for a similar angle to the SIS-loyal agent romance, you could work together on fun spy adventures and turn every mission into an undercover date!

Edited by Estelindis

IDK Jorgun wanted to honeymoon on Ithor and they're not extreme sports types. He also writes about traditional dinner dates. But his Traditional vibe appeals to me. Vector is also a class act and that makes me swoon. So, IRL definitely the only men I'd ever look at.

IDK Jorgun wanted to honeymoon on Ithor and they're not extreme sports types. He also writes about traditional dinner dates. But his Traditional vibe appeals to me.

I wasn't suggesting Jorgan wouldn't like traditional dinner dates; it's clear he does. I just got an adventurous vibe from him too. Plenty of different good times to share. :)

Lmfao. A game continuously full of issues and lacking content and the community managers put this at the top of the developer tracker. This game is done for.

I'm all for bashing the devs but literally all the dev tracker does is show you the last gold post....which was yesterday, in this thread. They didn't "put this at the top of the developer tracker", they literally just posted in the thread.