Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm in a pickle!!!

Jedikronus
12.31.2011 , 05:57 PM | #1
Hello fellow people, I am a gunslinger!!! Rawr. Unfortunately, I am not enjoying my space cowboy too much..... I really lost interest in my slinger when I started to pvp... To squishy and not very good out of cover... I am debating whether to start a new character but not sure.. My slinger is lvl 30 and I feel I should get him 50 before making a new character but it's hard to play a character I don't enjoy. Any ideas?
Why go around and object when you could go through it?

internaty
12.31.2011 , 06:42 PM | #2
I have the same feeling with my sage from time to time.
My advace take a break from gaming(30 or so) then head back.
You will like it again.
Also because you are playing it to level 50 simply accepting that you cannon*t change it will make it easier to play.
And most importantly ensure you dont focus on what class you are.
Dont like it think i am playing as myself but i am playing someone else his story.
Or something like that.
It is getting too personal and you need a break.

*you can start over ofcourse but that would be a waste.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Haasth
12.31.2011 , 06:42 PM | #3
The fact that you don't enjoy him kind of proves that you should stop leveling him. At least for a while, you may have just played him too much.

Go play a different class for a while.
If you're looking for a different ranged DPS class, go for a Commando. Similar resource mechanic, basics are there, but plays very differently. Perhaps you'll like that more. Also doesn't rely on cover of course.

Perhaps a Consular if you want to try something Mage-like instead.
Or just go for something else all together. There's no rush to get to 50. If you don't like a class, just try something else for a while.. level it to 20. See if you like it.

Jedikronus
12.31.2011 , 06:52 PM | #4
Thanks a lot guys! After thinking it through I have decided to just pull through it, if I don't like him at 50 I'll make a new character but my first priority should be getting a character to 50, regardless of the class

Celidon
12.31.2011 , 08:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedikronus View Post
Thanks a lot guys! After thinking it through I have decided to just pull through it, if I don't like him at 50 I'll make a new character but my first priority should be getting a character to 50, regardless of the class
Why should that be a priority? Nobody is judging you for not having a lvl50. It seems very odd that you would level a class you're not enjoying, just to have a max level character for no other reason than to have a max level character.

My advice is to start an alt, and see how it goes. You never know - you might surprise yourself and really enjoy that class instead.
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jedikronus
12.31.2011 , 09:09 PM | #6

Gerdo
12.31.2011 , 10:26 PM | #7
I never really liked my Shadow but kept on playing her for the story. but when I got to tatooine I decided to try a jugernaut instead and loved it. I still plan on ending the consular story though but I'm thinking that I'd rather start over and go sage instead (works great for me couse the thing I hate about shadow were that they never really use melee effectively anyway so why not go sage?). I was only lvl 24 so it won't take long when I start again and I'll be back to tatooine in no time.

My advise, reroll something you think you'll like and play that for a while. It'll make it all som much more enjoyable.

Jedikronus
12.31.2011 , 11:26 PM | #8
Ya, that seems to be the way to go. Thanks and happy new year.