No Option to Cancel subscription

Master_Uvirith

I've scoured the Internet looking for how to cancel my SWTOR subscription, they all direct me to an option on the page which doesn't exist. I have seen posts of at least one other person having this problem. I tried to cancel my subscription last month and the option wasn't there then either, leading me to believe I'd have to wait for it to expire by itself. Immensely frustrating problem in a very convenient area for EA.

I have/had the same issue. I few months back I had a sub trough steam which I ended a good while back. Then I resubbed through this place. So a few days ago I was going to cancel by sub here since this is where I resubbed from. Couldnt find a cancel option so I followed ppls advice which was to remove my credit card. Instead of timing out my sub magically moved to steam instead so now I was billed again but through steam instead.

What a massive joke and Im royally pissed off atm.

The option is there for me. Granted it is kinda tiny.

On the page https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription

https://i.imgur.com/MIdQDjV.png

Tiny ? You mean way down below and need to scroll down because it is made to be out of sight ?

They could have just add 1 or 2 line feed to separate the sub options, from the unsub option. But leaving so many blanks, I have to be cynical and believe it is made purposely so that people don't see the unsub option. You know, the kind of company who doesn't have ti's customers' best interest ar heart.

They could have just add 1 or 2 line feed to separate the sub options, from the unsub option. But leaving so many blanks, I have to be cynical

Sorry, that's my job... :rak_03:

and believe it is made purposely so that people don't see the unsub option.

Of course it is.

You know, the kind of company who doesn't have ti's customers' best interest ar heart.

The truly cynical (I'm only *mostly* cynical) would snark here about it being Electronic Arts, and thus "doesn't have its customers' best interests at heart" is a given.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is 100% a Bug which has been introduced recently.

This is what I see when I follow the subscription cancellation link (found it in another thread): https://pasteboard.co/KcVphPS.png

Note that it clearly states that I do have game time, and yet won't let me cancel due to not having game time.

And yes, I have bought my subscription through EA.

https://pasteboard.co/KcVtxwi.png

https://pasteboard.co/KcVpLfd.png

And yet the Cancel option is not displayed. I know it used to be there for me, I've cancelled my subscription twice before.

My account is stuck in a status of "subscribed, but not subscribed", so this clearly is a recent issue that EA have managed to introduce.

Hopefully they'll fix this bug soon, as a cursory search of these forums shows that there are numerous people trying to cancel, but cannot.

• 8 months later...

I have been trying for weeks to cancel my subscription and I have no option or button anywhere. It won't even let me delete my current method of payment. I have scoured and scoured. And no luck on being successful in canceling it. I have tried through swtor.com and EA website. I recently emailed support but no reply yet.

My only thought is that I perhaps already canceled it and thag is why the cancel button isn't there, but I have no recollection of doing so. This is super frustrating. EA won't let me remove my current method of payment either because I'm on a reoccurring sub just for SWTOR

I have canceled EA play and everything because of this. It's causing me anxiety honestly.

I've had no difficulties cancelling, and it is important that I do, because I wanted to buy 6 months but not have it be recurring for the rest of this year like it is supposed to. It remains to be seen if I'll get hit with another charge or not, but I'm confident enough about having done it right. It does say it is closed on my account, but that I'm keeping the time I paid for.

Don't subscribe or get cartel coins via steam. Go directly to the source which is this website. Although it is perhaps fine to install/update the game via steam if that is where your game collection normally is.

• 2 months later...

i Paid for a one-time subscription, but lowe and behold ive been charged again for another month, oh but wait, now i cant cancel my subscription because the option isnt there, i dont actively play this game anymore, i do not want to be paying every month for a game i dont play. how do i cancel my subscription, and no... the option isnt on the subscription page anymore, Just a big corporation doing what they can to take our money. :mad:

Let me unsubscribe so i can stop stressing about the fact that this game took the last of my money, Money i needed to feed my kids.

Thanks EA

• Dev Post

Hi BGDEAN,

If the subscription was purchased on Steam, we invite to check on your Steam account. You can find more information on this EA Help page: SW:TOR on Steam.

If it doesn't help you, you can directly contact our support team by phone. Here is our article on how to contact them: How to contact STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ (SW:TOR) support.

Hi BGDEAN,

If the subscription was purchased on Steam, we invite to check on your Steam account. You can find more information on this EA Help page: SW:TOR on Steam.

If it doesn't help you, you can directly contact our support team by phone. Here is our article on how to contact them: How to contact STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ (SW:TOR) support.

With all the mismanagement of legacy of the sith not rolling out content, making classes so imbalanced, not delivering on any of the 10th anniversary promises, I'm not surprised you would see the highest amount of unsubscriptions in swtor history.