Weapon Outfitter BUG! Breaks Your damage!

Zergnaut

Going to use my Jugger as the example here....

When I use outfitter to change my light saber. it sets "Base weapon damage to 0" In other words the game thinks I dont have a hilt in my light saber. However If I UNTRANSMOG my weapon in outfitter? I get my stats back! Outfitter bugs your toon

Edited by Zergnaut

When I use outfitter to change my light saber. it sets "Base weapon damage to 0" In other words the game thinks I dont have a hilt in my light saber. However If I UNTRANSMOG my weapon in outfitter? I get my stats back! Outfitter bugs your toon

Noticed this too, but pretty confident this is a visual issue only. I tested several alts yesterday after skinning my weapons and noticed no drop-off. A number of guildmates tested in op runs and parsing and no drop-off.

Parses are done with an outside program that reads the combat logs.

if someone with it wants to test it with "weapon dmg" based attack to confirm this glicth is just visual would be great :D

Edited by Zergnaut

So many bugs from such an avoidable problem.

They could have avoided this whole problem by just letting us keep what we already had and liked: fully moddable weapons that also allowed every playstyle to reach max gear quality.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Our team is currently looking into the damage value bug you reported.

This bug is a visual bug and your in-game damage is unaffected. I've added this bug to the known issues list:

• When stamping a weapon in the outfitter, the damage values of a character in "Character details" will be changed to 0 for base damage.

• This is purely visual within the character sheet. Effective in-game damage is unaffected.

I noticed this while testing on the PTS and mentioned it then. Also reported it yesterday when I noticed it wasn't fixed. I'm glad they've acknowledged it and added it to the known issues list at least. I can also back up that it does seem to be visual only, even when I was testing on the PTS I went and fought some mobs before and after stamping in a weapon and the TTK seemed to be the same. It's consistent on how it gets triggered from what I can tell (stamp a weapon and then change your equipped weapon) so you can test yourself just by timing how long it takes to kill a mob. Kill it with your normal stats, then trigger the bug and do it again.

Tech damage and healing is affected though

In what way? When I tested, I was on a force user, so maybe there's a difference between tech and force, but I didn't notice any change in my damage at the time. Are you seeing lower damage/healing in game or just lower numbers on the tooltips?

They could have avoided this whole problem by just letting us keep what we already had and liked: fully moddable weapons that also allowed every playstyle to reach max gear quality.

This is the correct answer, if they let system so like it was, everyone will be happy.

Its like an old word and sadly so true.... Never Touch a Running System <--- every FAE and FiSi knows this ... it a iron rule and you should not break them.

In what way? When I tested, I was on a force user, so maybe there's a difference between tech and force, but I didn't notice any change in my damage at the time. Are you seeing lower damage/healing in game or just lower numbers on the tooltips?

Healing numbers in Nefra NIM groups were suspiciously low this week, even in 16man, sorcs and soldiers were rarely above 20k. Is this a different bug then?

• 1 month later...

Might be late to the game but I noticed that when I want to reuse a better look with inferior gear, item level and other stats appear to stay put EXCEPT health. I wanted to keep my robe look for my Jedi but use a better IL outfit and via the Outfitter UI, if I swap back and forth between pieces my healer starts healing me. So I looked at the pieces and there is about a 10% reduction in health. That tells me this isn't a visual bug. Note: the 10% is actually from swapping out 3 pieces of gear in the Outfitter. I just like them better with my toon.

UPDATE: Ok I figured out what is happening. So if you go into the Outfitter screen and swap out a higher IL piece with one that has a better look, it doesn't change your IL or stats other than health (if the lower IL piece has less Endurance). What you have to do is uncheck 'Show Gear as Outfit' and as you place the pieces you want to see visually but use the higher IL pieces in the Gear screen, a new popup appears to say to the affect you want to save this custom outfit for X amount of credits. I selected Ok and the Outfitter now properly shows the pieces but the Gear screen shows the higher level pieces and my stats indicate the better numbers too.

Edited by Alarinn