clicking play during while in character creator not putting me into the game

trellybell

Hey, I tested this a few times and it appears this happens when you pick an existing name. Seems the "name unavailable, please choose another" message is broken and the character creation process just fails silently. I tried two names whose existence I had confirmed through the legacy block feature and both bugged out as described in the OP, but was able to successfully create two characters with available names.

• Dev Post

Hi bearsayer,

Thanks for the additional information.

Our team was able to reproduce this bug as well. It seems that the error message "name unavailable, please choose another" is not displayed when the character's name is already used. Players should not encounter this bug if they use a different name.

For visibility, I'll add it to the known issues list:

• Nothing happens when clicking the "Play" button after creating a character. The issue occurs when the character's name is already used in the game.
    • Workaround: Players need to use a different name.

Hey, I tested this a few times and it appears this happens when you pick an existing name. Seems the "name unavailable, please choose another" message is broken and the character creation process just fails silently. I tried two names whose existence I had confirmed through the legacy block feature and both bugged out as described in the OP, but was able to successfully create two characters with available names.

This seemed to work for me as well. After I picked a name that was mostly a mismatch of letters, I was finally able to get in. Thanks!

so this still hasn't been fixed.. that is great lol

Let's see...

* It was reported with no insight into what triggers the problem on Wednesday.

* A clue as to what triggers the problem was also posted and confirmed on Wednesday.

* It is now Sunday. In a lot of places, including BioWare's offices in Austin, Texas, when you posted, it was very late on Saturday.

* That gave them two or three days (Saturday doesn't count) to investigate, find out why the message isn't generated, etc., and then build a fix and ship it.

* The studio ships patches on Tuesdays only, except in cases of emergencies (server crashes, client crashes, stuff like that) and even then they don't ship patches on Fridays.

* So that gave them barely two days to find and fix.

So no, it's quite unreasonable to indulge in sarcastic mockery for that.