Guardian Leaping Strike Animation broken

DWho

I can confirm that this is happening. This is the first thing wrong I noticed after logging in and doing some quests today. I first thought it was doing damage but just skipping the animation, but after reading this post, maybe that was just another attack doing DOT damage. I have to test further and see it it doing damage on its own. If it is not, this bug is worse than I thought. It would be more than just an annoyance, but an actual unintentional Nerf to damage. The mirror class Juggernaut is not affected by this during my testing.

Is it now going to be several more weeks for another patch now?

Edited by matosai

I think it is actually doing damage, at least some of the time. Fly text for the damage was missing, but it does seem like the opponent's health is going down after the attack. Still, it is annoying because you generally key off the animations in order to know when the next ability can be used (animations usually last one cool down so when the animation finishes, the next ability can be used)

I'm not sure how you break an animation on something you weren't changing. Same seems to occur with broken textures. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Bug fix introduces more bugs.

Edited by DWho