Maintenance: April 26, 2022

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on April 26, 2022 to deploy Game Update 7.0.2.

Details:

DATE: April 26, 2022

TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT (1300 - 1700 UTC)

VERSION: 7.0.2

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Has anything been changed from the PTS with the weapon outfitter, or have I still to cut my outfits in half if I have 2 different combat styles? Meaning, I cannot use my 16 lightsabers and my 16 dualsabers that I have spent real money on, but just 8 each (or however I want to split it)?

At least give us 20 Outfit slots-

Thank you!

I've been especially looking forward to this:

* Tech Fragments rewarded from individual Daily Area and Heroic Missions increased to 30 (up from 10)

* Tech Fragments rewarded from the Personal Conquest goal increased to 500 (up from 250)

* Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

Has anything been changed from the PTS with the weapon outfitter, or have I still to cut my outfits in half if I have 2 different combat styles? Meaning, I cannot use my 16 lightsabers and my 16 dualsabers that I have spent real money on, but just 8 each (or however I want to split it)?

They definitely need to give us double the outfit slots (16 per combat style) if they don't change it.

Or just a slot for Combat Style 1 (two if it's a dual weild style), and for Combat Style 2 (two if it's a dual weild style) per outfit. When Combat Style 1 is active, the weapon slot from the outfit for Style 1 is active, when Combat Style 2 is avtive, the weapon slot from the outfit for Style 2 is active. Shouldn't be too hard to code.

They definitely need to give us double the outfit slots (16 per combat style) if they don't change it.

Or just a slot for Combat Style 1 (two if it's a dual weild style), and for Combat Style 2 (two if it's a dual weild style) per outfit. When Combat Style 1 is active, the weapon slot from the outfit for Style 1 is active, when Combat Style 2 is avtive, the weapon slot from the outfit for Style 2 is active. Shouldn't be too hard to code.

Remember this is a 10 year old engine and not alot of the original team left to work on the "coding" id assume the weapon outfitter took so long because they couldn't find the right person w the knowledge.

30-40y old coders have all moved on to bigger better positions rare to find a young coder that had knowledge of a decade old engine.

Weapon outfitter not being included in the 7.0 release as it was announced it would be, is proof the knowledge, skill and ability the current coding team lacks with the game engine is real. Even in 7.2, it is still not what was promised just as 7.0 was an update not an xpack.

This is factually wrong, you can use your saber in all 16 outfits, should you do that? Probably not but you still could. You still have the same amount of outfits and if it bothers you that much just change it to a duel saber.

Sorry to hear that spend real money, but you do realize that you don't own anything in the game? Bioware has the rights and possibilty to take it away from you wether you spend moned or not.

Hi folks,

Patch notes are now available here: Game Update 7.0.2 - Patch notes.

In the patch notes section entitled "Missions + NPCs" the forum link to "more information" about PvP changes is missing.

There's not much info on the weapons outfitter. I'm still waiting to find out if the outfitter changes the weapon sound too (I really hope so).

Koth’s Crew is no longer hanging out on the Gravestone before being recruited in Chapter IV: The Gravestone - Knights of the Fallen Empire.

I'll believe it when I see it! :D

Edited by Sarova

There's not much info on the weapons outfitter. I'm still waiting to find out if the outfitter changes the weapon sound too (I really hope so).

Pretty sure it did on PTS.

-----

Question regarding the patch notes, I guess this patch won't restore the keybind for the activity finder either?

One weapon per outfit. Well, can't say I'm surprised. Just extremely disappointed.

No mention of the vindican lightsaber giving a double lightsaber when claimed from collections.

No mention of the first boss in Ruins of Nul making you fall to your death

No fix for gimini droid apparently.

No changes to Conquest points for solo objectives.

"Koth’s Crew is no longer hanging out on the Gravestone before being recruited in Chapter IV: The Gravestone - Knights of the Fallen Empire."

About time.

Overall a damn disappointment.

Edited by Pricia

Yes would be nice to get an ETA on the Darth Vindican's lightsaber getting fixed, would like to use this on my alts.

One weapon per outfit. Well, can't say I'm surprised. Just extremely disappointed.

No mention of the vindicate (sp?) lightsaber giving a double lightsaber when claimed from collections.

No mention of the first boss in Ruins of Nul making you fall to your death

No fix for gimini droid apparently.

No changes to Conquest points for solo objectives.

"Koth’s Crew is no longer hanging out on the Gravestone before being recruited in Chapter IV: The Gravestone - Knights of the Fallen Empire."

About time.

Overall a damn disappointment.

"Level Shift is now correctly scaling gear down in PvP matches."

Does this fix the augment and color crystals issues in PvP as well?

I considered asking this question as well, but this likely means that whatever lingering issues with 330 gear giving better performance in warzones has been addressed. I’m still not sure why augs were disabled without notice or announcement, leaving poor saps like me to spend a bunch on kit mk-11 and augment my 322s only to find I wasted a bunch of credits because augments do nothing. Maybe they wanted a sneaky credit sink. But if that’s the case, I’m not the player they should be targeting for a credit sink. I’m a relatively poor pvper.

Also rumor has it that gold augs are not disabled (only blues and purples). I can’t verify that because I don’t have credits lol. Zero gold augs. If true, this creates a massive advantage in pvp and should be addressed ASAP. I mean, maybe if I had purchased a bunch of CC and sold stuff on the GTN for credits (pay to win), I would have had gold augs by now.

At best, this situation creates a massive headache for any kind of stat optimization.

I did not see anything on the tertiary stat issue as mentioned in dev post.

We intend to update the new system to maintain Accuracy and Alacrity thresholds when scaled up or down in a future update. This would be very similar to how the old system worked for Accuracy and Alacrity specifically.

Edited by Trichuriasis

"Level Shift is now correctly scaling gear down in PvP matches."

Does this fix the augment and color crystals issues in PvP as well?

Future update.

Edited by VIPER_KFC

We intend to update the new system to maintain Accuracy and Alacrity thresholds when scaled up or down in a future update. This would be very similar to how the old system worked for Accuracy and Alacrity specifically.[/color]

"future update."

They said in 2011 that pets disappearing on loading would be fixed in "a future update" too. Still waiting.

It only took them 4 years so fix Koth's companions in the ship so maybe we'll be luckier this time.

• Fixed an issue on several Pummeler’s Lightsaber items which incorrectly had Alacrity instead of Critical Rating.

Are you also going to fix the several Pummeler's Focus items which incorrectly have Critical Rating instead of Alacrity? If you only fix one but not the other, it's going to screw up a lot of peoples' stat distributions.

Hi Sarova,

Thanks for pointing that out, the link is now fixed.

/thumbs up :) My pleasure.

Pretty sure it did on PTS.
REALLY?? I saw feedback in the PTS forums that equipping your preferred weapon in the outfitter did not change the sound. If it does that's excellent (and I will have nothing to moan about and hope the next update brings some much needed story :D ).