7.0.1 + Weapons in Outfitter Update

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Couple of updates. First, I am confirming that we are a go for 7.0.1 being deployed on March 22, 2022. We will post maintenance messaging on the forums and social channels per usual, so you will know when servers will be taken down and when patch notes are available.

Secondly, I know many of you were asking about an update on Weapons in Outfitter. We are preparing to have Weapons in Outfitter out on PTS in the coming weeks. I will be posting info in the PTS forums when it is ready to go.

Thanks!

Edited by JackieKo

Hi everyone,

Couple of updates. First, I am confirming that we are a go for 7.0.1 being deployed on March 22, 2022. We will post maintenance messaging on the forums and social channels per usual, so you will know when servers will be taken down and when patch notes are available.

Secondly, I know many of you were asking about an update on Weapons in Outfitter. We are preparing to have Weapons in Outfitter out on PTS in the coming weeks. I will be posting info in the PTS forums when it is ready to go.

Thanks!

Thanks for the updates! When would patch notes be available?

I'm suprised the MH and OF outfitter slots are still not available. People spend money on the weapons in the CM and huge in game credits for them.. This should honestly becoming out at 7.01 next week, not upcoming weeks to the PTS. I understand that development takes time, but this should have been looked out prior to the expansion release knowing full well the gearing system you put in place.

I'm suprised the MH and OF outfitter slots are still not available. People spend money on the weapons in the CM and huge in game credits for them.. This should honestly becoming out at 7.01 next week, not upcoming weeks to the PTS. I understand that development takes time, but this should have been looked out prior to the expansion release knowing full well the gearing system you put in place.

Not to mention the reason supplied for it not being in 7.0 was because they did not get it on to the PTS before 7.0 dropped. With all the outcry about it and it still is not on the PTS is boggling.

Not to mention the reason supplied for it not being in 7.0 was because they did not get it on to the PTS before 7.0 dropped. With all the outcry about it and it still is not on the PTS is boggling.

How troubled must the development been for this update do you wonder? I mean it can't be a developer decision or oversight, they're not that incompetent, right?

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the update. Can you please confirm how the system will work for things like weapon sounds? Will the weapon in the equipment slot's sounds play instead of the weapon in the outfitter? Would be an easy way to apply the sound effect choosing that players have been asking for for years.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

So Weapon Outfitter will not be in 7.0.1 - correct?

I know many of you were asking about an update on Weapons in Outfitter. We are preparing to have Weapons in Outfitter out on PTS in the coming weeks. I will be posting info in the PTS forums when it is ready to go.

Thanks!

So to temper expectations on the 7.1 launch date, here is my interpretation of this statement.

"In the coming weeks." What does this mean? My interpretation is in 2-4 weeks. I googled it and found it might mean next week. So for this exercise let's say "weapons in outfitter" will be placed on the PTS in 1-5 weeks, so average it to 3 weeks.

How long will "weapons in outfitter" be on the PTS before live? Historically that has been all over the place, from a few weeks to months. I'm going to hope that what is being tested is close to ready. The raid was on the PTS for 3 weeks, so let's guess 3 weeks of "testing".

Will there be a test server iteration for the daily area next, or is 7.1 going to launch when "weapons in outfitter" is done with testing? Let's say another moderate 3 weeks if there is another round of testing.

So, modestly 6-9 weeks before 7.1, which would be early to mid May. Now my big, big question is, is there a "story beat" coming with 7.1 or is it just the delayed content from 7.0 and additional bug fixes? I'm getting impatient for more details about the rest of the 10 year anniversary celebration we've been hearing about.

Glad to see some of these fixes are eventually making it to the server.

Very disappointing that the weapon outfitter still has no actual date though. So much money spent on weapons that are completely unusable right now which only makes me resent the new gear system even more than I already did.

This is honestly ridiculous. How's this not being added in 7.0.1, or why has it been removed in the first place? 7.0 is the biggest hump of bantha doodoo.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Please roll back 6.0 urgently and keep story, flashpoint and second class.

Yo, what about broken Bolster and overtuned bosses in Flashpoints?

I dish out more dmg in 306 gear with new implants than with 322 gear with 326 implants.

What about certain exploit where Fury Mara could dish out 21k dps and do 120k hits?

All you care about is fking space barbie, cmon BioWare, WAKE UP!

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I assume the patch would come out before the end of the month because realistically everyone unhappy with 7.0 isn't going to sub for another month with no changes.

Edited by DarkMatterSlifus

This is a welcome update. I am thoroughly enjoying 7.0.

While I hope you guys don't listen to the echo chamber of impatient, demanding children on the forums, I am hoping for specific fixes, such as the preview window camera not zooming or panning anymore, and the unify colour issues.

All in all, I'm having a blast with the 9 new characters I've made!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Thank you for the update however, this is completely unacceptable. You have taken money from us( thousands for some) for an item (items)that you have now made completely worthless. It actually amazes me that you are continuing to sell weapons knowing damn well that they are useless. seems like shady business at best. If your priority on that is to make us wait weeks to months to be able to use it again, then my priority is to not give you another red cent. I'm unsubscribing immediately. maybe I will come back when you fix this, but judging by your care level on the matter that will be some time away. I will probably just move on or forget the game altogether.

One thing I'd really love to see, if it's technically feasible, is to be able to cosmetically equip blaster rifles over top of (actually equipped) sniper rifles. Unlike other weapon types, these two weapons share the exact same holding positions, animations, etc, and equipping a blaster rifle doesn't prevent any sniper abilities from being used. It does however lead to a small damage decrease which is unfortunate. I quite like a lot of the blaster rifles in game better than a lot of sniper rifles, but I don't like having to give up that small bit of extra damage for it. It would be great if this could be a remedy for that. Don't see it working with any other weapon types, but with blaster rifles and sniper rifles being near identical, and snipers already being able to freely equip both, it made me wonder of this possibility as an exception.

Thank you for the update however, this is completely unacceptable. You have taken money from us( thousands for some) for an item (items)that you have now made completely worthless. It actually amazes me that you are continuing to sell weapons knowing damn well that they are useless. seems like shady business at best. If your priority on that is to make us wait weeks to months to be able to use it again, then my priority is to not give you another red cent. I'm unsubscribing immediately. maybe I will come back when you fix this, but judging by your care level on the matter that will be some time away. I will probably just move on or forget the game altogether.

I actually laugh and think its a good thing none of your cosmetics work because purchasable cosmetics should die off permanently from every game in existence.

This post is confusing. It seems to be about Weapons in Outfitter.. and mentions 7.01, but does not specifically say if 7.01, which is scheduled for just a few days from now, will have the Weapons Outfitter?

You are just setting yourself up for outcry from the community if you don't communicate expectations clearly.

:mon_trap: