Victorious Pioneer's leveling gear doesn't give the extra 50% xp

Lt_Awoke

While leveling some of my alts, I am using the Victorious Pioneer's leveling gear that I earned from the DvL event years ago. Unfortunately, it looks like it isn't giving me the extra XP as stated in the description.

I tested this on two missions (heroics on Hutta since they give the same XP without the gear on)...one with the gear on and one with the gear off and it gave the same XP both times.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning.

Here are other people reporting the same issue of the DvL leveling gear not providing the extra 50% XP as stated in the set.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1003296

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002748

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1001994

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1001869

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1001634

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1000397

Here is my suggestion on how to fix this problem to be inline with the current path:

Allow anyone with the gear set to trade in the pieces they have for either an implant or a tactical (no level requirement either). There will need to be different versions of it since some people might not have 7 pieces. Doing this would remove the set bonus from the gear and align it with the move of set bonuses to implants, or even moving it to a tactical.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we transitioned away from armor-based set bonuses and as part of this we stopped all set bonus effects from applying beyond level 75. This includes the Victorious Pioneer's Set, so it is working as intended. The Set will still grant exp bonuses for players below level 75. We'll be keeping communication open regarding ways for players to level alts more quickly from level 75+.

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we transitioned away from armor-based set bonuses and as part of this we stopped all set bonus effects from applying beyond level 75. This includes the Victorious Pioneer's Set, so it is working as intended. The Set will still grant exp bonuses for players below level 75. We'll be keeping communication open regarding ways for players to level alts more quickly from level 75+.

This is very disappointing because the Victorious Pioneer set was one we had to do a lot of work for to get it during the DvL event. We did a lot of grinding to get this set during an event that was a limited time event that only lasted a few months, and never returned over the years.

Hi folks,

This expansion gets worse all the time.

This is very disappointing because the Victorious Pioneer set was one we had to do a lot of work for to get it during the DvL event. We did a lot of grinding to get this set during an event that was a limited time event that only lasted a few months, and never returned over the years.

I agree there was a lot of effort put into this so cancelling this effect is quite disappointing.

Hi folks,

This is unacceptable. The level of effort that was done to get that armor was insane and since it gives no bonus to DPS or anything else, this should not be an issue.

Stop taking bad decisions please!

Poje

Hi folks,

So much bad. Working as intended I guess.

What is the best way to cancel a subscription? I just deleted my credit card information, but I want to go further and actually let them know that they have gone too far, and no longer deserve my patronage.

Hi folks,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand the reasoning behind what you stated. When players acquired this gear set from the DvL event, it was stated that it would be usable as leveling gear for a long as we had it. Yes, removing the armor-based set bonuses was an intended change for 7.0, and I am not fighting that. I am upset that I now have a gear set that is completely useless for leveling now (I don't have anyone under level 75) and having 30+ characters that I want to level to 80 and can't do the new story because it is locked behind the previous story (I don't need to do the same story over and over with the same outcome...it is boring). You took away the only other way that would have made leveling these characters tolerable. You're basically punishing players with more than 4 characters (you'll get max comms after conquest on 4 characters).

Yes, there are some folks out there that aren't in the same boat as me, but I know there are quite a few that are.

The no set bonus past 75 should be removed for the xp set so that the set can once again work as intended. this is another in the long line of idiotic and simply baffling stupid ideas and or changes that has arrived with 7.0

p.s. just because blizzard does massivly idiotic changes to their bonus xp armor doesn't mean you have to follow suit.

Edited by Jevnaker

Hi folks,

Why wasn't this specific interaction communicated before the update went live? In 6.0 when older set bonuses were disabled, this one kept working because it was a unique set bonus implemented as a reward for a fairly long event that required a lot of effort that was promised to stick around regardless. If you were planning to disable it, you should have told us that instead of us having to just find out when the update went live.

Your communication around this update has been awful and this is another big example. It's ridiculous that you guys intended to make this change to the DVL set and didn't even say a word about it despite the question being asked repeatedly for months on the PTS. People kept answering that it'd be fine because of the precedence set by 6.0 and you let that wrong information stand despite knowing it was wrong. That is absolutely shameful. You either don't read the PTS forums like you promised you do or you intentionally let misinformation spread to avoid criticism. Both of those situations make Bioware look awful and player hostile. For the 10th anniversary, no less.

Good luck getting people to participate in the next PTS given the precedent you're setting here.

Good luck getting people to participate in the next PTS given the precedent you're setting here.

I'm not going to bother installing the new PTS patch because I know that the vast majority of constructive feedback will be completely ignored, same as it was for the whole runup to 7.0's launch.

Edited by LordCamTheGreat