Cannot pick up Republic Balmorra bonus series quest

MeetraOrdo

Basically just the title. Republic Balmorra bonus series questgiver, Gabe Davarro. At a certain point in the conversation, he says, "you should have a clear path to Morraine outpost," then the conversation drops. No mission is acquired, and if you talk to him again, the conversation drops at the same point with no resolution.

I second this: I have to the letter the exact same issue as described above. I suspect it's maybe because we completed a 'bonus series' mission before the actual chain begins, but not sure. In any case its extremely frustrating for someone like myself who is primarily playing for the story and wants to see all content in this way.

Hope the devs can look into a fix for this, I have also submitted bug report/ticket in-game and will update this if the situation changes for me.

I'm having the same issue, it's frustrating as I've wanted to do a "completionist" run on my first ever Republic character to play all these secondary missions.

I was thinking the same thing - that I've possibly done some of the bonuses before actually getting to talk to the guy but the main ones that actually tie in I know you can't get until you start the actual bonus series so it shouldn't matter.

EDIT

Okay so apparently this has been an issue for years and years - I've just did a thorough forum search. Long story short wait for the daily (I think daily) mission resets as it were as the secondary ones are tied into the conquest system somehow I understood, so after they reset you can pick up the bonus mission beginning I think. Will confirm tomorrow.

Edited by AthrenSW

AthrenSW, thanks for your contribution here it helps so much with awareness on the issue. I did try waiting for the daily reset as its now been a few days and still no luck, so I'm hoping server maintenance might reset it more effectively.

I'm the same as you though - I am a massive completionist anyway and love soaking up all content and just combing my way through every last little bit of map, so for me this is just very annoying considering everything has been bug-free thus far.

I even tried verifying my game cache through Steam, multiple re-logs, contacting support etc. but no luck as of yet. I'm going to keep checking back on Balmorra though whenever I do something new to see if something just trips in my favour in the game files perhaps.

In any case, I'll be sure to let you guys know the moment it rights itself (staying positive...) so you'll be the first to know. ;)

Edited by SamulusAstrala

EDIT:

So the dailies reset and I can once more pick up the the mission from sergeant Jojames at Upper Sundari Outpost but I still can't grab the beginning of the bonus series from Gabe Dovaro in Bugtown. Same drill I can talk to him but once the convo ends I don't receive the mission. I'm hopeful this will be fixed with the weekly reset in a couple a days, so stupid as it is.

Heya, good to know it's something we can fix at least - I've heard several people whose issue has been fixed this way at least so I'm guessing it should for us as well.

As much as I truly love this game there are some game breaking issues at times, one that made me rage quit a few years ago was abandoning a planetary arc and the inability to pick it up again after to continue. I mean sure there's a "you MAY not be able to pick it up again" warning but I was heavily relying on the MAY keyword there lol, I've never had this issue in any game to not be able to pick missions up again.

In any case, let's see if our issue fixes itself and check in back here.

Edited by AthrenSW

I had the same problem: nothing happens after talking to Gabe. However, the Balmorra bonus series is part of today's conquest objectives, and if you grant mission from that it gives you a mission to talk to Gabe. After doing that, the conversation with Gabe ends with the bonus series starting like it should.

I had the same problem: nothing happens after talking to Gabe. However, the Balmorra bonus series is part of today's conquest objectives, and if you grant mission from that it gives you a mission to talk to Gabe. After doing that, the conversation with Gabe ends with the bonus series starting like it should.

You sir, deserve a medal. My OCD thanks you kindly :D

It 100% worked for me, I recommend this as a solution to all of y'all having this same issue!

You sir, deserve a medal. My OCD thanks you kindly :D

It 100% worked for me, I recommend this as a solution to all of y'all having this same issue!

still make's it wierd that there chance it like that when the way we all know is working fine.

but here is a question more when i was doing it on alderaan i can start it easy on the old way but on balmorra not so thats more the wierd part since there are both in the galactic season mission list and are also the same mission so its maybe still bugt.

still make's it wierd that there chance it like that when the way we all know is working fine.

but here is a question more when i was doing it on alderaan i can start it easy on the old way but on balmorra not so thats more the wierd part since there are both in the galactic season mission list and are also the same mission so its maybe still bugt.

It's definitely a bug mate, I was able to do all the previous planets bonuses as well the normal way, just hit a wall on Balmorra.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the report regarding Gabe Dovaro and the Balmorra Republic Bonus Missions.

Our team is aware of this bug. For visibility, I'll add it to the known issues list:

• The Balmorra Bonus Series Mission is not granted after talking to Gabe Dovaro.

There have been quite a few responses like this from the Dev team. It's possible I'm missing some information somewhere, but shouldn't the Known Issues list be a list of problems that the developers know about, and not a list of issues that have been found by players? I'm sure people would like to know there's a problem with something they're about to do BEFORE they lose time, credits, materials, or gear because of the issue.

Thanks you all so much for this little discovery via the conquest objectives: I can confirm this also worked for me, so very happy about that. However this fix could have easily been missed (I missed it!) and so I really hope the devs can look towards an actual, permanent fix for this issue.

There have been quite a few responses like this from the Dev team. It's possible I'm missing some information somewhere, but shouldn't the Known Issues list be a list of problems that the developers know about, and not a list of issues that have been found by players? I'm sure people would like to know there's a problem with something they're about to do BEFORE they lose time, credits, materials, or gear because of the issue.

EXACTLY

very frustrating it isnt that