Not enough companion influence in seasons to get Fen Zeil to level 50

Lt_Awoke

Hi,

So I completed Galatic Seasons today and when I gave all the companion influence items to Zeil, it only got him to 245,000 influence (which is level 49.5). All the rewards are claimed as well.

Here is the breakdown of the companion items I got from the seasons:

Gold - 3 (20k each; total 60,000)

Purple - 6 (15k each; total 90,000)

Blue - 6 (10k each; total 60,000)

Green -7 (5k each; total 35,000)

Grand total - 245,000 influence

Here is a language from the Steam news stating the Companion gifts will grant me a lvl 50 companion

https://i.imgur.com/KxoGsZq.png

Edited by Lt_Awoke

Same issue here, first ticket was told to give him another gift (clearly the CS rep didnt read the ticket) second ticket was told it was a "known issue" and then given a link to the known issues list where its not on the list; again another example of the hilarious incomitance of the CS reps.

Submitted a 3rd ticket just for fun this time with a new category (loot instead of companion issues) explained the issue and why the "solutions" from the previous tickets were wrong, maybe Ill get a new generic response.

Same issue here! I've reached Level 100 in Galactic Seasons 2 and I've claimed every reward. I've given all the Gifts to Fen Zeil and he's sitting at Influence Rank 49 (4900 / 9900)! I've triple-checked that I've claimed everything, but I have nothing left to claim so I do not have any more gifts to give to Fen. I even went through the entire Galactic Season 2 rewards noting down each of the gifts for Fen Zeil, including the levels they are from.

Forged Documents and Manifests (Levels 3; 9; 19; 23; 29; 39 & 43) 7 x 5,000 Influence each = 35,000 Influence

Experimental Weaponry Schematics (Levels 4; 11; 14; 17; 27 & 34) 6 x 10,000 Influence each = 60,000 Influence

Detailed Intelligence Reports (Levels 37; 44; 47; 54; 57 & 67) 6 x 15,000 Influence each = 90,000 Influence

Sliced Cybernetic Visual Enhancement Implants (Levels 77; 87 & 97) 3 x 20,000 Influence each = 60,000 Influence

All of those give a grand total of 245,000 Influence which is most certainly NOT the 250,000 Influence needed to reach Rank 50 Influence!

I haven't raised a Support Ticket about this yet because I wanted to check the Forums first to see if it's either listed as a known issue or if anyone else is reporting this issue! Nothing in the Known Issues thread pinned up top, but at least I found this thread, so at least now I know I'm not the only one with this issue!

Edited by GrizzlyUK
Updating

I'm only level 40-something on GS2 but if true, you're not totally out of the water on this new companion just for not having enough toys to give him. You can raise his influence with harvest missions.

We're supposed to receive enough gifts from Galactic Seasons 2 to raise Fen's influence to 50. Not get close and have to finish off by sending him on harvesting missions! Anyone can easily go through the rewards track and find all the gifts, total them up and then find that you only get a grand total of 245,000 influence instead of the needed 250,000 influence to reach rank 50!

So many bugs and issues with this 7.0 patch that this one is going to be ignored by BioWare for the exact reason you give: just send Fen on harvesting missions to get that final 5,000 influence and there you go, problem solved! Well no, that's not "problem solved" because the issue is still going to be there for everyone! BioWare should fix the problem, not just ignore it because there's a workaround solution!

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug with Fen Zeil's influence.

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

For visibility, I'll add it to the known issues list:

• There is not enough gift to reach level 50 for Fen Zeil's influence.

Hi folks,

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I

Except..it's not a bug. It's straight up math. Someone didn't count correctly. For those who spent real money or saved CC to just do all the levels, they won't get an extra gift to compensate for the missing xp. They will probably already be running missions to get him to level 50, so what would the point of an extra gift be?

I'm glad I chose to level normally with playing to get levels, and hopefully this will be fixed in about 8-9 weeks (when I hit level 100).

Hi folks,

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

What about Altuur zok Adon's influence to rank 50 for those who didn't complete Galactic Season 1 and all those rewards along with it like Cartel Coins, Galactic Season 1 Token, Legacy items, ETC?

What about Altuur zok Adon's influence to rank 50 for those who didn't complete Galactic Season 1 and all those rewards along with it like Cartel Coins, Galactic Season 1 Token, Legacy items, ETC?

You can buy tokens using the Galactic seasons vendors for him. Or run crew missions. The other items will be put in on a rotating basis, of course using the seasons tokens.

Hi folks,

Good to get confirmation that your team is aware of this bug and are looking into it. Looking forward to your update on what's happening. Thank you for taking the time to post and let everyone know that this one is already being looked into.

I counted and realized it wasn't going to be enough, so I just used a Shadow Compendium. But understandably, as things are now, no one will be able to maximize his Influence through gifts alone, and having to use a Compendium defeats the purpose of the other Influence-raising gifts for Fen Zeil in the first place.

It potentially makes all the gifts prior a waste.

Edited by NekoAggelou

I counted and realized it wasn't going to be enough, so I just used a Shadow Compendium. But understandably, as things are now, no one will be able to maximize his Influence through gifts alone, and having to use a Compendium defeats the purpose of the other Influence-raising gifts for Fen Zeil in the first place.

i had to use a Compendium to get to 50 too

I used all the gifts from GS2 on my main character, got Fen to rank 49 and was 5,000 Influence short of rank 50. When I claimed the two Shadow Compendiums from GS2 I simply put them into my Legacy Cargo Hold and used them on two of my other characters. Nothing was wasted that way as I now have two characters that have Fen at rank 50 and one character that has Fen at rank 49. Once BioWare sorts this issue out I will, hopefully, have three characters that will have Fen at rank 50. Just have to wait to see what BioWare decides to do in regards to how they go about fixing this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

Do you have an update on what's going to be done about this?

Do you have an update on what's going to be done about this?

Seeing as BioWare has gone rather silent on when, or even if, we can expect any sort of patch to fix this and any of the hundreds of other bugs I'd guess there's not going to be any sort of update on when this issue will be resolved. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are still in for a wait while they try to identify all the people who would have completed the season track before the patch.

thank you for trying.

I am trying my best not to be snide or mean spirited as I write this but I hope you can understand our frustration

Edited by Ventear

Are the people here moaning about 5000 influence points not using any crew skills on their toons?

Spend a few creds and upskill from 0

Anyone with half decent crew skills will be earning a profit from sending him on missions for those 5000 pts. With the right choices and a little luck he could earn 20+ MCr.

Are the people here moaning about 5000 influence points not using any crew skills on their toons?

Spend a few creds and upskill from 0

Anyone with half decent crew skills will be earning a profit from sending him on missions for those 5000 pts. With the right choices and a little luck he could earn 20+ MCr.

Do you really need this explained to you? We know we can spend credits to send Fen on Crew Skill missions, the point is that we shouldn't have to spend anything to raise Fen to Rank 50 Influence because we are supposed to receive enough gifts to give to Fen to raise him to Rank 50 Influence. In other words, we're *moaning* about not receiving enough gifts, or rather, we're reporting a BUG within the GS2 rewards! With all the gifts, plus the two compendiums, we should be able to raise Fen to Influence 50 on three seperate characters. Obviously it's player choice as to how they distribute all the gifts, but, according to BioWare we are supposed to receive enough gifts from GS2 to raise Fen to Rank 50 Influence on one character.

As per the FAQ section at the bottom of the page: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20220215

How much can I level up Fen Zeil?

With all of the Companion gifts between the two reward tracks, Subscribers who reach level 100 will be guaranteed to have Fen Zeil at Rank 50 Influence by the end of the Season.

See where that very clearly states "Subscribers who reach level 100 will be guaranteed to have Fen Zeil at Rank 50 Influence by the end of the Season"? Notice that it doesn't say Rank 49.5 Influence but Rank 50 Influence?

People are reporting a bug within a certain aspect of the game, yet, according to you we should all just spend credits and ignore the bug! Should we all then simply stop reporting bugs because there's bound to be some sort of workaround? Are you really being that ignorant or do you just not understand what this entire discussion thread was about?

Looks like we are still in for a wait while they try to identify all the people who would have completed the season track before the patch.

thank you for trying.

I am trying my best not to be snide or mean spirited as I write this but I hope you can understand our frustration

Well hopefully it won't take them too long to identify everyone that was affected by this particular bug prior to patch 7.0.1. Would be nice to have some sort of timeline as to how long they expect it to take but for now all we can do is wait, although I suspect it's likely going to take them a few weeks or more to go through all the data and identify everyone.

Do you really need this explained to you? ...

The POINT is that:

1) The shortfall has already been officially noted and is trivially corrected, even if BW haven't done so. There is no need to spend any remotely serious dev time on this. A query against the player Db will identify all toons with Fen as a companion and automatically mail them all a 5k token for the sake of the few q-q'ers.

2) If you're of a personality type that is going to stamp and hold your breath because you're 5k short on an objective that doesn't have to be addressed until the end of the season, i.e. the time frame allotted by BW to finish the subscriber track then your issues with 5k are the least of your real world problems.

3) We're what, some 40 days into the season which if you'd sent Fen on just one crew mission a day on even a moderately levelled crew skill you'd be (almost) done with the 5k shortfall. If you were sending him on 280 pt missions then you'd have banked at least 11200 pts, so you'd actually be ahead of the curve (if you're relying on not paying extra real money or GS tokens to accelerate your completion), presuming you weren't so anxious to get him to 50 that you'd use a compendium anyway, in which case...

So whilst this (elementary) miscalculation may irritate for the tiny attributable value undelivered against the cost of your sub, it is actually an error in your favour as most any player effort to make up for it (unjust as that might feel) will benefit your character(s) beyond what the subscriber track was going to give you.

Also the recently stated intention and fix in 7.0.1a for the much larger GS reward issues post 7.0.1 mean that the missing 5k will be more than accounted for for most players bothering with the GS sub track path to 100.

The only players genuinely affected by this will be players starting late on the GS sub track, post 7.0.1a, who aren't going to be spending CC to unlock and refuse to:

1) Use crew skill missions to make up for everything they've missed since season start.

2) Buy a compendium. A genuinely understandable "financial" decision on CC or CR terms.

Edited by Zorii_Bliss