Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most unbalanced pvp I ever seen.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Most unbalanced pvp I ever seen.

gangbot
12.31.2011 , 08:11 PM | #11
We notice it is unbalanced because there are low lvl's playing against lvl 50's, even if the stats are scaled up, the 50's gear is still proving to make it not fair which is why i think there needs a 50's vs 50's bracket. Plus there needs to be some form of warzones people can play competitively.

P.s. i got called a noob for having pvp rank 28, in a game where pvp is not competitive yet and lowbies vs top levels. (my server is full of tards)
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Ahlin
12.31.2011 , 08:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Papazooki View Post
Go pvp in WoW for a while. It's way more unbalanced.
I lol'd.

Zarthorn
12.31.2011 , 08:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
There is no good reason to play a melee class in PvP. Note one, range has every advantage.
Except if you are an Assassin/Shadow or High level Guardian/Juggernaught.

Trying to kill a level 50 Guardian/Juggernaught is like hitting a brick wall with a wet noodle.

Moriya
12.31.2011 , 08:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gangbot View Post
We notice it is unbalanced because there are low lvl's playing against lvl 50's, even if the stats are scaled up, the 50's gear is still proving to make it not fair which is why i think there needs a 50's vs 50's bracket. Plus there needs to be some form of warzones people can play competitively.

P.s. i got called a noob for having pvp rank 28, in a game where pvp is not competitive yet and lowbies vs top levels. (my server is full of tards)
It's really not even the gear, or not only the gear at least. The primary stupidity behind unbracketed PvP is because you get more talents and skills as you level. This alone can make or break your PvP ability and utility. It's like saying an Arsenal BH with +4 meters on their AoE knockback, a reduced cooldown, a defensive cooldown, a stacking buff that reduces damage taken and a 100% chance to knockback on their melee move and not to mention the skill that completely ties the synergy of their skills and talents together (Fusion Missile), is somehow equal to a lower level BH who has none of that except scaled stats. That's only the advantages I've seen comparing to me at 10 and 25, I can't imagine how much bigger the gap gets by 50. It's just stupid. Fun? Sure, not here to bash it and call it horrible or anything, but there's a long way to go as far as balance. Brackets would be a nice start.

Nemeses
12.31.2011 , 09:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriya View Post
It's really not even the gear, or not only the gear at least. The primary stupidity behind unbracketed PvP is because you get more talents and skills as you level. This alone can make or break your PvP ability and utility. It's like saying an Arsenal BH with +4 meters on their AoE knockback, a reduced cooldown, a defensive cooldown, a stacking buff that reduces damage taken and a 100% chance to knockback on their melee move and not to mention the skill that completely ties the synergy of their skills and talents together (Fusion Missile), is somehow equal to a lower level BH who has none of that except scaled stats. That's only the advantages I've seen comparing to me at 10 and 25, I can't imagine how much bigger the gap gets by 50. It's just stupid. Fun? Sure, not here to bash it and call it horrible or anything, but there's a long way to go as far as balance. Brackets would be a nice start.
This a 100%, the reason we have unbracketed pvp is it the lazy easy way to do it, which it seems that what BW always aim for the laziest and easiest!

A level 10 v 50 with pvp kit and expertise, can whale away at him for hours making no real damage, its a stupid stupid lazy way to make BG, any idiot could see it was a bad idea, tells you a lot about BW.
~The Immortals~
Recruitment, or our Recruitment Video visit our Home.
We lived a thousand lives in LoTRo, Age of Conan and more. United we stand... and we don't fall

murmeltierchen
12.31.2011 , 09:28 PM | #16
You never thought about what would've happened if there had been brackets from the very beginning huh? No, obviously not.
Of course each and every one of you would've just LOVED queues >1h.
Afair BW has already announced brackets.
It was a solution for the time short after the release and a good one.
But since more and more people are hitting 50 now it has fulfilled its purpose.

Raansu
12.31.2011 , 11:57 PM | #17
I'm pretty sure there will be brackets in the future. I just don't think BW expected ppl to hit 50 so quickly and get the pvp gear so fast. The original thought was obviously to make the wait time short for the warzone queue's.

Bizwolf
01.01.2012 , 12:16 AM | #18
This is actually the most balanced I've ever seen an mmo. Sniper fix and Marauder fix and we're good to go. If you think other wise, you don't have the gear they have or their expertise.

Tamanous
01.01.2012 , 12:17 AM | #19
LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR ...

Let's deal with the real issues here first.

Lisarn
01.01.2012 , 12:23 AM | #20
From the way I look at pvp its all about who has more abilities, obviously a level 50 BH vs a level 12 BH is going to make a huge impact since the 50 has 10 more epic abilities then the level 12.
Plus your armor contributes some.
Even with the big buff the lower levels get to match the higher levels there are still just problems because of some of the abilities.
I think if there were brackets level 10-29 and 30-49-50 would work way better then we currently have.