Sorting inventory by "compact" sorts by quality(?), still.

DakhathKilrathi

• Dev Post

HiDakhathKilrathi,

Thanks for the report regarding the bug with the sorting option in the inventory window.

This bug is a known issue, you can find it in the Game Update 7.0 - Known Issues list:

• Sorting the items by "Quality" in descending order or by “Value” does not sort them properly in the Inventory window.

HiDakhathKilrathi,

Thanks for the report regarding the bug with the sorting option in the inventory window.

This bug is a known issue, you can find it in the Game Update 7.0 - Known Issues list:

• Sorting the items by "Quality" in descending order or by “Value” does not sort them properly in the Inventory window.

Hi, there's another bug in the sorting options of the inventory window - on my character Xalari'pelarth (previously a Jugg, now Warrior origin and Jugg/Assassin styles) on The Leviathan, "Compact" consistently *also* sorts in ascending Quality order, which is a regression (1) - it previously *just* compacted without sorting.

(1) For the general audience: in software development, and especially in software QA, a bug is a regression if it broke something else that worked. A bug in a new feature is not a regression. A bug in a patched version of any feature, but that wasn't there before the patch, is a regression.

HiDakhathKilrathi,

That is not the issue that I just reported. I am not sorting by quality or by value. Please take the time to actually read my post before you dismiss it. I am sorting by compact and not quality or value.

I checked before I posted this thread that the issue that I am reporting was not listed.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

• 1 month later...
And if no update, can there at least be some acknowledgement that it is, in fact, still broken? It is not listed in the current known issues thread.

Yeah, communication on that regard is downright bad. While I can understand not everything is going to be fixed overnight, there's however no reason for such a poor transparency when it comes to tracking and acknowledgment. There's plenty of bug reported for which nothing is seemingly done and we have no clue whether or not we should still be reporting them because they flew under the radar, or if they are in fact being worked on.

I also confirm that, depite this being previously labeled as "fixed", the "Compact sorting" is still messing up your inventory and roughly sort by quality instead of just removing the empty spaces as it should.