Galactic Conflict - General

Silenceo

Galactic Conflict

Built on the foundations of previous forum games, Galactic Conflict is aimed to have a jolly good time while allowing those of this forum to participate in a bit of creativity with creating of their own factions. Now, you don't have to have a faction to participate but there is nothing stopping people from making one anyways. For those of you who have never played a forum game on a forum, it may seem strange at first, but it is relatable to games of the past such as DnD or choose your own story type gigs. In this particular one, you create your own faction, fleet, and ground forces to try and beat a singular opponent. Should you win, you take the planets you conquered and progress to the next round. If you lose, well, what happens then is situational but you welcome to stay and participate in debates and whatnot.

I could go on and on about how the game works, but instead, I shall allow you all to read through it and decide for yourself, since I am sure I would miss parts of it in this singular post. Everything can be found through the Index.

At its core, Galactic Conflict is essentially a strategy game meets role playing game meets pen and paper meets game forum meets star wars fans. Your faction can be nearly anything you can think of, you can even make custom ships or units if you so desire and put forth the effort. You could just emulate a classic faction such as the Galactic Empire if you want as well, or even try and mix say the CIS and the Rebellion. There are of course certain limitations, but most are handled on a case by case basis.

I hope we can all have a fun time and that we can get along.

I am now accepting factions to start putting into match making. Once we have enough, the matches will begin and no more will be accepted for this iteration. Remember, keep your factions, characters, and ect to yourself and the moderator (me currently) until they premier in a match. At which case, they will be seen by all. This is in part to stop efforts to counter-build before matches have even begun.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good am interested in the Star vs Sil fight the most.Maybe me and K can finally go at it.I really want to go up against pad as well and am looking forward to what Dutch can do.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe (make that sound as evil and maniacal as possible in your head)

So have anyone started on their faction yet I haven't had a chance to start mine.

My faction is done, then again, it had to be done before I opened it up for others to prevent sub-conscious counter-decisions on my part. :d_smile:

Just wanted to bring something up real quick. I haven't added it to the Index yet, but there will be a period before each match that allows you to build, recruit, fortify, and ect ect. This period will be worth 30 turns but will actually only last for the prep-time before the match starts. How many credits you will be given to work with is still in limbo.

Side Note: Also corrected some data in the Ship Production doc that was inaccurate to the current iteration.

Edited by Silenceo

I've got a decent start on mine, though I've been travelling over the weekend so haven't had time to keep working on it.

Yea I was barely home most of this weekend but have a idea for my new faction just have to make sure it all fits.

Sooo, I might be re-balancing a few things in the ships doc. Suffice to say, that some of the more balanced ships that were put on there, all ended up within .1 of a ratio I was using to check something, and I was expecting vastly different results. Suffice to say, those that fall into that right now, are basically perfectly balanced at their price point. The others, I am looking into.

Side Note: And yes, it was very eerie... I was just goofing around with numbers and poof, magic ratio that a disturbing amount of ships fell into with a creepy consistency without me even realizing it...

Edited by Silenceo

So I've started a faction, it's going freak some people out I'm sure.

That said I have a lot of questions but not a lot of time at the moment to ask them. I'll get in touch with you soon Sil. This'll be interesting though, seems more or less like a scaled-down version of the old game.

Also... god help us if people spam custom stuff, can we agree to a limit of like 3 custom designs per person max?

That said I have a lot of questions but not a lot of time at the moment to ask them. I'll get in touch with you soon Sil. This'll be interesting though, seems more or less like a scaled-down version of the old game.

Also... god help us if people spam custom stuff, can we agree to a limit of like 3 custom designs per person max?

Can I guess the faction its going to be a vong faction.I would say even less than that everyone only gets 2.

I... I can't promise that. :d_wink: That said, a good deal of my customs are mostly modified versions of existing ships.