Largest RP Server?

JourrnoRush

I haven't tried Ebon yet, but I ma in a guild in Begeren and the server is very active. The guild itself is very active. Just don't know which of the two servers is larger, but I would think both are active.

BC or EH?

(humor)

Well, I'm not sure about which SQL server they use at TOR, but at a guess they use the same one for all the servers. :p

http://i.imgur.com/dm3gKoG.jpg

(/humor)

I play on Ebon Hawk, and it's got a good community and people are on at all times of the day. I would say pick the server with the better ping time for your location. Granted I'm on EH and I live in California.

Edited by gothshark

I found that on Begeren Colony, Imperial side RP is very... 'biased'. There are cliques, and if you aren't in that clique, you're basically not welcome at server wide events, and I'm not saying that as if I've trolled RP or anything, because I haven't. Plus, I find Ebon Hawk's community more welcoming and... realistic. Not saying names, but it gets old when there's a bartender, male-stripper, WEREWOLF, company owning pureblood as the life of the party, as well as stripper clubs all over the place on the fleet.

I've been on The Ebon Hawk since the Server merges, and I've always thought the community to be welcoming and inviting, as well as active for RP, PvP, and PvE (endgame) throughout all hours of the day. Even more so when considering the recent influx of transfers from the Progenitor and Begeren Colony; most of the stray comments floating around general chat cite unhealthy cliques (primarily Progenitor) and declines in activity as motivators for players' move to the Ebon Hawk. Given that, I'd recommend either The Ebon Hawk or Begeren Colony as the most prospective RP Servers for those interested in role play.

For anyone who is interested in The Ebon Hawk, or is curious about its current social and gaming landscape, I'd like to invite you to EH Community, a server-community website I administrate for. It's got the usual features: an event calendar, chat box, and forums, but the one I'd like to highlight is the Port Authority and Planetary Security feed, which is a chat box dedicated to informing players when you and your characters are available to role play (both in-character and out-of-character) in order promote open world RP. I also make it a point to cross-post between other communities and websites to keep everyone up-to-date on the Server's activities, and this is not strictly limited to role play either, as PvP and PvE content are just as important.

Outside the website, there are several Sever-wide efforts to promote activity and cultivate a positive social atmosphere. The most prominent is the Community Guild Summit, which is where players and guild representatives jump into TeamSpeak3 once a month to discuss the state of the server. These meetings have led to the widespread use of Global-Global chat channels, and most of everything else listed in The Ebon Hawk's Server Directory. Finally, I'm compelled to mention that the Ebon Hawk has a very strong GSF community, and although I'm not a GSF-player myself, those players have done an exceptional job in keeping the game fun and active.

So yeah, I'm very happy with The Ebon Hawk's current state, and confident in where it's going.

not that EH doesn't have it's own problems. EH community is just the latest e of 3 active sites that claim to be THE community site for the server. (there is also SWTRORP.com and Ebonhawk.net) Edited by BrianDavion