Strong hold question

wmtyrance

I just came back to the game. I'm subbing to it and having a blast. I want to know if strong holds are worth the time and credit cost ? I have never really got into mmo housing and i logout in cantinas or my ship for rested xp. In fact i wish they had setup your ship as your housing in the first place.

I just came back to the game. I'm subbing to it and having a blast. I want to know if strong holds are worth the time and credit cost ? I have never really got into mmo housing and i logout in cantinas or my ship for rested xp. In fact i wish they had setup your ship as your housing in the first place.

IMO getting a stronghold is beneficial because it allows you to consolidate everything you need in one place, even better than fleet. THAT'S where you will find your Legacy Storage, plus you can add normal storage and Guild Storage access to the same place, along with appearance designer, modification table, mail, and the GTN.

There's also a travel advantage. You can jump to your stronghold from anywhere, then to your ship or to fleet. If you have a stronghold in a place you frequent planet wise, you get instant travel there. This bypasses the cooldown on fleet pass.If you get a stronghold on Nar Shadda or Tatooine, both these allow BOTH factions to visit without cost, so this can also be an advantage. Tatooine costs big bucks, but Nar Shadda is not so bad.

I would rate the proper stronghold as a step above the VIP Lounge on fleet because of the Legacy Storage access.

The biggest benefit I find is the legacy storage. Much easier to chuck things in that to pass on to your other characters than to send countless mails across, and hope you never make a typo and send something to some random fella you'll never hear from again.

From a basic point of view, a SH is well worth it. As has been said, it's a very handy place to put Legacy storage and a mailbox (at least), plus any other things you'd like, such as Cargo hold, Guild bank, GTN terminal (wall mount or free standing), appearance mod station, equipment mod station, etc, etc.

If you have only characters from one faction, the most basic, and cheapest thing is to get a Coruscant or DK stronghold and just stick the stuff in the first room for convenience, without paying for any extra rooms.

If you have characters of both factions, it may be more convenient (but more expensive) to get Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine, because cross-faction characters need to pay a fee to visit Coruscant or DK (as applicable).

I would suggest, also, that you take a tour of someone's SH before you purchase one to get an idea of what they're like. Either a friend's or one of the publicly listed ones.

Be forewarned though. If you get into it, you could end up spending about 12 million credits (or more) pimping out your Tatooine SH. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

It is the best place to access Legacy storage. It also provides and instant, no-cooldown travel option to get to fleet or your ship.

I setup my Coruscant SH with GTN, Cargo Hold, Legacy Storage, Guild Bank, Item Mod table, Appearence Mod table, and a vendor in the entry room. Bags full? Pop to the stronghold, repair, sell, dump mats in the hold, and jump back to where you were.

So useful to have. I would recommend getting the Coruscant or DK SH as it is super cheap.

Uh, no. Guild flagships can have legacy storage if so equipped. Just popped into mine to make sure. The guild also has a stronghold, so they are not the same thing.

On top of that, any stronghold of any player, who has a legacy storage, works. With the public listings, it is rather easy to find an accessible one. One needs to be able to do the following:

- get to fleet (i.e. level 7)

- get a stronghold (cheapest works, no need to travel there)

Then go to any of the terminals, find the public listings, select a stronghold, travel, find the legacy storage. No guild needed, few credits needed to buy one initial stronghold.

Edited by Nazdika

To be honest, ever since I found out that I can use the resources (cargo hold, guild bank and legacy storage, gtn, mail) on the Guild Flagship I rarely visit my SH on Coruscant, and my guild has one both factions so I'm not even bothered anymore for a Nar Shadaa SH anymore.

I might get back into them for the achievements after I get all my other stuff sorted out.

Note - you get a free Legacy Storage, mailbox, and a few other decorations, if you do the simple "quest" you get from the SH holo statue. The quest is just - buy a Stronghold and travel there. It can be repeated on other characters, even if you already have a Stronghold.

Note #2 - when you do the quest and travel to your stronghold, you'll need to walk a short way into the SH before the quest "clicks" and gives you your reward.

Edited by JediQuaker