Is Star Wars: The Old Republic Canon? Ask Disney ( GameFront )

Darth_Wicked

Not exactly new but then again, I believe it is worth posting nonetheless. Some highlights below:

I don’t actually have a Lucas-approved ‘yes, we are lore’ or ‘no, we are not. I don’t want to make a statement here that they’re going to come back and feel like they have to clarify. So I’m not gonna answer that, because Lucas is very particular about that question, as you know.

We talk to Lucas and Disney about everything we do, and they approve everything we’re putting into the game, and they are coming at it from a continuity standpoint. So if they have deep continuity discussions, we’re not a part of those. But are we part of the greater planning around Star Wars? Sure.

They [Disney and LucasFilm] are very happy to give us the freedom to tell stories within our nice little Old Republic, this Bioware game period of time. So there hasn’t been any fallout or impact with those changes for us at all. It’s been 100 percent business as usual for us.

They’re so great, just supportive of us, wanting to be as inclusive as they can be and still make it fit with what their vision of the future is.
Edited by Darth_Wicked