PvP finally has balance??

Larius

Greetings ya'all, here's a quick question: I unsubbed in January and today decided to take a look at the forums to see what the state of PvP is. I'm astonished not to see thread after thread about OP Operative heals, or nerf smash threads or too many FOM re-rolls. Am I to assume that the devs have finally found a balance in PvP?? How many ppl are online on weekends hanging out in fleet? Multiple instances? Thank you in advance for replies!!

It's balanced. DPS Mercs suck in solo ranked, but they work in regs and team, and so on.

Whinners gonna whine, bads gonna bad. Activity depends on server. European servers are doing fine.

Edited by DarrelK

* Operative is fine where they are. Merc and Sorc heals need more instants.

* Merc and Sniper damage is fine, but they get focused all the time and melt super fast in PvP which makes playing them unbearable.

* Juggernauts are ok, but they need Enraged Defense healing lowered a lot.

* Sorcerers have uncleansable dots

Apart from that it's ok

Greetings ya'all, here's a quick question: I unsubbed in January and today decided to take a look at the forums to see what the state of PvP is. I'm astonished not to see thread after thread about OP Operative heals, or nerf smash threads or too many FOM re-rolls. Am I to assume that the devs have finally found a balance in PvP?? How many ppl are online on weekends hanging out in fleet? Multiple instances? Thank you in advance for replies!!

I would guess that pvp participation is currently at an all-time-low right now. Hence - less forum activity.

You can't judge too much based on how many ppl are screaming on forums other than how popular something is. The Dark Knight? Avatar? Those movie's forums also had legions of epic troll threads - if you just based your opinion on what you read in there you would think they were the least successful and that the only people that watched them were nailed to their chairs and had their eyelids stapled to their foreheads. On this board serious threads with numbers and sober ideas and/or criticisms get very little activity or note outside of the people cringing at the notion of any serious change to a system they've gotten used to and/or figured out how to exploit/beat.

Edited by Savej

* Merc and Sniper damage is fine, but they get focused all the time and melt super fast in PvP which makes playing them unbearable.

Apart from that it's ok

*Mercs and snipers are team dependent and most people don't play them correclty, good players still excel on these classes.

Juggernauts need their control toned down and their dcd timers adjusted, at the moment it is too easy to rotate cooldowns and sustain yourself against multiple opponents for too long.

*All dot classes have either unclean-sable dots, dot protection, or their dots are so easy to re-apply that cleansing them is almost worthless; dot specs need adjusts so that the spec either lean towards sustained pressure damage, or low sustain high single target burst... many specs currently have too much of both.

lol im tried of the nerf cry. i have been playing this game since launch and imo it has never been as balanced as it is right now. sorcs... OP ... operative heals... op... PTs... op assassins are OP ... snipers OP dont even get me started on juggs. You see a trend? people call OP because they cant accept that they get beat. i play every single class, and the only one i feel is laggin a little more is mercs, but even on my merc on regs i can ruin enemy team. dont fall for this nerf crap its about as good as it can get in an mmo right now. obviously the 4v4 metagame favours certain team comps but that is even harder to balance that with 8v8 regs.

TTK is to long if there is an operative healer, and to short if there is a sorc or merc. The direction balance need to go in depends on how you feel about TTK. Should we buff sorc and merc and make people immortal with a healer, or nerf operatives so that people actually die.

You sure got what you wanted, your 15 min fame and attention.

Regardless of all the hate. This game has actually been very well balanced for some time, with some exceptions. Dps Operatives are still bad while Healing Operatives are probably the most imbalanced class still.(Most because, they outclass the other classes in the same role drastically) Mercs, all specs, have also been hurting for a long time.

Excluding the healers, this game is, and has been, very well balanced.

Everyone keeps saying so many sorcs now after 2.8 buff...but what buff is that? The additional damage from a FL by tgt affected by CT? Or the fact that instead CD or LS proc off 3 charges instead of a percentage? Or maybe lightning burns? Lol those buffs are ok... But I was doing top dmg in most WZ pre 2.8 anyways. Sorc still second best range dmg behind sniper. Just better utility.

Merc DPS will suck for as long as the devs refuse to replace powershot procs with missile blast. They change that one thing and merc DPS will go from meh in PvP to very good.

By "very good" you mean "ridiculously overpowered"

If missile blast proc'ed railshot you would have a 30 meter ranged class that unload its full burst potential while at the same time kiting. Which would make it a god class compared to all melee.

Edited by Zoom_VI

state of PvP is the worst i ever seen and i play since beginning.

boring , full of assassins, stealth and lags/bugs.

arena = game over PvP and balance in wz.

you killed the PvP for a no brain 4vs4.

bring back illum, you cannot do worse than you do now bioware ! :mad:

Edited by Thaladan

* Operative is fine where they are. Merc and Sorc heals need more . stants.

Apart from that it's ok

Being able to cleanse a sorcs dots would be like removing ravage from a vengeance juggernaut, you would completely remove all their dps. It sounds like you just didnt pay attention to your health, tried to run away and affliction finished you off :p

Apart from that it's ok

Guess you don't play a Sentinel/Marauder?

By "very good" you mean "ridiculously overpowered"

If missile blast proc'ed railshot you would have a 30 meter ranged class that unload its full burst potential while at the same time kiting. Which would make it a god class compared to all melee.

Full burst lol...Bull ****.