Assassin and Sorcerer Advice

Kalirs

So I am deciding my next toon is going to be an inquisitor. I have a powertech at 50 I used to play, and am in the 40's with my vengeance juggernaut. Basically I am now deciding between the two advanced classed of the inquisitor.

As far as more specifics wants from the new classes I am wondering which of the two provides more to PVP? I am planning to go madness whichever class I pick, but want to know which is a more viable advanced class for madness.

Also, a side question would be how does the sorc healer compare to an operative healer?

Madness is a fun specialization to play on either Assassin or Sorcerer.

Sorcerer was built for madness though and has long range kiting abilities + one extra dot (affliction) than an assassin spec'd madness. Madness as an assassin is a game of mid range DPS then closing in gaps at melee range to proc crushing darkness. Assassins are a burst damage / dot then stealth out / repeat, whereas a sorcerer has other offensive and defensive cool downs as well as the ability to heal, but are constantly in the fight. I would recommend checking out some videos on each class and choose one that fits your play style.

As far as operative vs sorcerer healing in PVP this is a basic overview:

Operative - Very mobile healing, nice dots, constantly moving.

Sorcerer - Needs to cast heals (more stationary) but has some nice AOE heals and the heals hit harder

I have both a 55 op / 55 sorcerer healer and I prefer the sorcerer because it puts out more overall healing with shielding etc. Op is very fun and much easier to play and is generally preferred by most people. When played efficiently not one is "better" than the other, it's all just a matter of the scenario and which better fits the healing role with the objective / teammates that you have. Hope this helps

Edited by DreamTheif

Yeah, I personally felt that madness on an assassin isn't "bad", it's just slightly more difficult to manage force and feels almost awkward after playing sorcerer where madness is more fluid. Also, like I said madness is all about dots and an assassin spec'd madness will have 2 dots + a chance of a 3rd where a sorcerer has 3 dots with a chance of a 4th. So I feel like it's better designed for madness. Assassins have very hard hitting close range melee attacks though that sorcerers don't have.

Deception assassin is a beautifully built spec for those 1vs1 scenarios. Lots of stuns and roots, very mobile and high burst to take down an opponent in like 8 seconds. Madness sorcs are waiting on the dots to kill something so the fights are going to be longer but you can also put damage over time (dots) on someone and then bubble/shield yourself while running away and watch their health slowly but surely drop. Deception assassin is in your face high burst hard melee hitting and crits Edited by DreamTheif