Classes that can do 250k damage and 200k healing: NOT OP????

thespareaccount

I have probably done more than a hundred warzones so far, and there are a couple classes that consistently pull those numbers off.

For classes to be balanced, there should be other classes consistently totalling numbers like that.

For example, if one class can do 250k damage and 200k healing, a full DPS class should be able to do 400-450k damage. Or a full healer do 400-450k healing, or a full guard tank do 400k guarding etc.

At the same time? Doubt it ;|

My op gets pretty high healing and dps, but most of it is hot overheal that I'm just spamming for the TA procs. I'm not ACTUALLY healing people. The problem here is that people care about the damage meters.

Seen several good players pull off 400k dmg or healing. I pull off 250-300k healing, with 15fps in a warzone. Seen other players pull off 400k+. If you are good, you should be able to pull that off. Given the fact you are fully geared as well.

Was a guy earlier, scoundrel i think - he was critting me for 5k dmg, and was basically demolishing people in a voidstar that lasted bout 10 mins if not less. Pulled off 400k dmg.

I have probably done more than a hundred warzones so far, and there are a couple classes that consistently pull those numbers off.

For classes to be balanced, there should be other classes consistently totalling numbers like that.

For example, if one class can do 250k damage and 200k healing, a full DPS class should be able to do 400-450k damage. Or a full healer do 400-450k healing, or a full guard tank do 400k guarding etc.

How about 400k dmg and 73k healing as underpowered warrior (i heard melee sux in this game)?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2287/screenshot2011122415262.png

uh, you want pics then say you do MORE with your Assassin? Odd.

The internet is the best place to communicate "tone of voice" but.....wow, the sarcasm can't get much more obvious than that post.

Also, your tear filled posts are pointless. I have seen multiple classes pull off some intense damage and healing. Additionally, those players are often the most useless in a WZ; seeing as damage has very little to do with the objectives necessary to win and I have seen players top the healing charts just casting self heals in the down time between zergs. Ironically enough they tend to be Sages/Inquisitors because they have a skill that eats a percentage of their health in exchange for force. They then heal that to pad their stats in the hopes of getting MVP votes. It has nothing to do with effective PvP healing.

Sounds like someone got killed and came to the forums.

There isn't any class that can consistently pull those numbers off, outside of close prolonged games while also spamming stimpacks on cooldown. You're making things up because you died and you're angry.

uh, you want pics then say you do MORE with your Assassin? Odd.

... He was making an example of an extreme statement with no proof, and likened it to your OP and why people don't believe it... You don't believe his statement, he doesn't believe yours. You kinda proved his point.

But anyway, Inquis/sage, Op/scoundrel, commando/merc all have some specs that can do solid DPS and heals. SWTOR don't have many abilities that do healing off damage, so they are using some GCDs to heal and others to do damage. There is nothing wrong with that.

What I think you're seeing is that SWTOR requires a lot of buttons to be really really good at it, so you're seeing a pretty intense skill divide. Hopefully they'll add rated/bracketted WZs soon, the classes are less of an issue.

I do those numbers consistantly - but it's because I'm always breaking away to heal myself... and as a BH, Death From Above generates insane numbers when you have 4 melee classes beating on some hapless ball carrier in a nice tight ball. Edited by Rasstavad

Does anyone on these forums know the meaning of half of the words they throw out like they're nothing?

Yes, let me elaborate.

I'm selfish when it comes to most warzones. I don't care about healing other people because the UI bugs out half the time and shows inaccurate health and it is almost impossible to click target friendlies because of tiny hit boxes and jumped tags. I heal myself, and I do it a ton. I will dive behind LoS the second I take even a modicum of damge, blow CC and CD's to get away and to heal myself. Pulling 200K healing in this scenario (also using bought healing aids) is nothing special.

Damage, BH's even heal specced BH's are capable of doing some real nasty AOE. Death From Above is an example of this and you would be surprised how much damage you can rack up if you use it on CD - especially since every time someone gets the ball in Huttball there is always going to be a huge red mass of melee mobbing that person. Under these circumstances I can push 200K during a match. Now, that damage isn't always productive - but often it is. If someone is at half or less health, some of my AoE abilities, if they choose to stay in them (most do) can kill you.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Edited by Rasstavad

Play a warzone now and then.

Never once have I seen any player top heals and dmg. I'm at 41 valor. Played a few warzones.

I could probably top 200/200 with my SI by spamming heals on full health team mates while there is no enemy in sight to toss lightning at. Again, this would require me to be healing teammates that don't need healing. I could also throw out the AOE heal any time I see a group of team mates standing near each other even if they have full health.

As a dedicated healer in warzones in premades or in pugs I rarely heal for more than 300k. Maybe once in say 15 matches. If I'm hyrbriding dps with healing I'll generally end up around 100/200 dmg/heals. And even then it requires a Voidstar match where my side is essentially dominating and holding the other side at one objective set for a prolonged battle where there isn't much running around.

Never once have I seen any player top heals and dmg. I'm at 41 valor. Played a few warzones.

I could probably top 200/200 with my SI by spamming heals on full health team mates while there is no enemy in sight to toss lightning at. Again, this would require me to be healing teammates that don't need healing. I could also throw out the AOE heal any time I see a group of team mates standing near each other even if they have full health.

As a dedicated healer in warzones in premades or in pugs I rarely heal for more than 300k. Maybe once in say 15 matches. If I'm hyrbriding dps with healing I'll generally end up around 100/200 dmg/heals. And even then it requires a Voidstar match where my side is essentially dominating and holding the other side at one objective set for a prolonged battle where there isn't much running around.

Yeah, 100/200 is probably more accurate, but I was being a bit facetious in my above post. I'm finding PvP in this game to be harder to take seriously the more I play.