Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

ClayPeopleCry

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't tell you to be honest! I always think to myself "Yeah! I'd be so ******!" but even when I try to be ****** in-game, I have a little voice saying "Choose the Light Side choice!" so I really don't know! :p

I have that voice too, I just tell it to shutup.

Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.

I would not, no. In fact, one of the best ways to troll as an Empire player is to be a light-side player. (My raid guild from wow also plays here, and they chose Empire, so I'm a BH.)

Would I join the Sith? Let me ask you something: Would you join up with the forces of Chaos in 40k. Hell no if you any choice in the matter. Chaos and the dark side of the force are very similar in this regard; many people go in with good, sympathetic, or at least sane motives; but almost everyone comes out a cackling, scheming psycho with no regard for whatever values led them down that path. Of course, as several people have said, in the SW verse, force sensitive individuals generally have the choice of who recruits them made for them. If I was unlucky enough to be recruited by the Sith, I'd make a beeline for a nice, comfortable position where I'm not in the way of anyone's megalomania.

I wouldn't want to be the clearly evil and remorseless, cutthroat villain, but I certainly wouldn't join a creepy abstinence cult that basically kidnaps children at a young age and makes them live by their weird, creepy, sexless Vulcan lifestyle.

Hence: Smuggler.

Edited by Lankist

I wouldn't want to be the clearly evil and remorseless, cutthroat villain, but I certainly wouldn't join a creepy abstinence cult that basically kidnaps children at a young age and makes them live by their weird, creepy, sexless Vulcan lifestyle.

Hence: Smuggler.

Jedi don't kidnap children. No one is forced to be a Jedi. In fact, it's very easy to get kicked out. Now if you're force sensitive in the Empire. You're forced to train as a Sith and given the odds of success.. that most likely means your death.

Edited by Rhyltran

Our current, real-life republic is an utter failure. I'm already a monarchist IRL, and would certainly support overthrowing the congress and starting from scratch.

Yes, I would be a Sith. America -- the American myth -- is over.

Leave the country then, people like you dont deserve to live here

• 4 months later...
Jedi don't kidnap children. No one is forced to be a Jedi. In fact, it's very easy to get kicked out. Now if you're force sensitive in the Empire. You're forced to train as a Sith and given the odds of success.. that most likely means your death.

1. They strongly encourage Force Sensitive children be given to the Order.

2. When you're "kicked out", you're sent to work on a farm planet for the rest of your life.

3. Death, a forever-farm... What is the difference really?

Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.

OH BULL ****.

HELL YES I'd join the Sith if I actually could. Their code is more realistic, liberating, individualistic. The OP fails epically when he fails to realize that even tho the Sith run their empire, THEIR ORDER IS STILL A VERY SEPARATE ENTITY. With its own rules, history, etc. I'd gladly join the Sith ORDER. They worship the Force in ways similar to the Jedi. Just cuz it says Dark Side (ZOMG) should NOT have to automatically = Satanism. Their Empire, while having much better looking uniforms, tech, mech, etc.....I probably couldn't do it.

If SW was IRL, I'd either be a Dark Jedi or Grey Sith aligned with the Republic.

Empire (OT and onward in TOR and other games) was based of off Nazi Germany / Axis, not sure where you got N. Korea from.

For the most part I think I would join them pending on what statis I would be within the Ranks, etc.

There willl always be war as long as Humans Dominate the planet. Its unfortunate.

That made me laugh. There will always be war, period. Humans, ants, pigs, dragons, squid, aliens, elves, gnomes.

Also, Sith. Not that I have a fantasy to become a "UNLIMITED POWAH" villian and twirl my mustache as I electrocute you, but because I find their code ultimately more appealing and realistic in its outlook. The only thing that bugs me more about Star Wars than the Prequels is how the Sith are unanimously painted as pitch black evil with little to no room for sensible, realistic approhes towards their philosophy in canon.

Edited by Keefinlolol

That made me laugh. There will always be war, period. Humans, ants, pigs, dragons, squid, aliens, elves, gnomes.

Also, Sith. Not that I have a fantasy to become a "UNLIMITED POWAH" villian and twirl my mustache as I electrocute you, but because I find their code ultimately more appealing and realistic in its outlook. The only thing that bugs me more about Star Wars than the Prequels is how the Sith are unanimously painted as pitch black evil with little to no room for sensible, realistic approhes towards their philosophy in canon.

^^^^^^^^