Unassembled Gear Pieces and Where to Find Them

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As explained in our Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Gear Pieces are a way for players to work towards getting a specific gear slot and tier. Below you will find a list of each Operation boss that has a guaranteed drop of the pieces, and which one they drop. Note that only the last boss of each Operation is guaranteed, but every other boss has a chance to drop any slot. Each of these bosses will drop two pieces in 8-man and four pieces in 16-man.

Here are the drops for Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear which come from Story and Veteran difficulty respectively:

• Implant/Earpiece: Eternity Vault – Soa (The Infernal One)
  • Relic: Karagga’s Palace – Karagga the Unyielding
  • Chest: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess
  • Legs: Terror From Beyond – The Terror From Beyond
  • Hands: Scum and Villainy – Dread Master Styrak
  • Boots: The Dread Fortress – Dread Master Brontes
  • Head: The Dread Palace – The Dread Masters
  • Off-hand: The Ravagers – Ruugar
  • Mainhand: Temple of Sacrifice – Revan
  • Bracer: Makeb – The Golden Fury (and Eyeless from the Rakghoul event)
  • Belt: Ziost – Worldbreaker Monolith (and Xenoanalyst from the Gree event)

Here are the drops for Tier 3 which come from Master difficulty unless otherwise noted:

• Relic and Implant: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess
  • Legs and Earpiece: Terror From Beyond – The Terror From Beyond
  • Hands and Chest: Scum and Villainy – Dread Master Styrak
  • Boots and off-hand: The Dread Fortress – Dread Master Brontes
  • Head and mainhand: The Dread Palace – The Dread Masters
  • Implant (chance to drop in Veteran mode): The Ravagers – Ruugar
  • Relic (chance to drop in Veteran mode): Temple of Sacrifice – Revan
  • Bracer (chance to drop in Veteran mode):: Makeb – The Golden Fury and Eyeless from the Rakghoul event
  • Belt (chance to drop in Veteran mode):: Ziost – Worldbreaker Monolith and Xenoanalyst from the Gree event

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Thank you very much for the list! This is a major help so we can plan raid lockouts ahead of time.

My raid group is probably going to get Tier 2 setbonus pieces from VM and swap them into Tier 3 pieces at the PvP vendor since we have no chance to kill MM endbosses in an acceptable time. We'll still have to figure out what bosses to kill for maximum loot in the shortest time, but we'll probably settle on EC, TFB, DF and DP. The DPS check on Styrak is way too high (and clearing a 7-boss instance takes too long), and Rav/ToS are not required for the setbonus, so we'll skip those three.

Not sure how I feel about the single boss instances; Eyeless is 10x easier than the other ones, so it seems strange that it would drop the same loot as Monolith.

Will the bosses drop the legendary (236/242) or the artifact (234/240) pieces? In the December livestream, I believe you said it would be the best from the tier, aka legendary, but a clarification would be nice.

Edited by Jerba

Will the bosses drop the legendary (236/242) or the artifact (234/240) pieces? In the December livestream, I believe you said it would be the best from the tier, aka legendary, but a clarification would be nice.

This, VERY much this...

Tier 1: 230

Tier 2: 236

Tier 3: 242

or

Tier 2: 234

Tier 3: 240

BTW: There is only 1 right answer...

Edited by Bristol

• Dev Post
This, VERY much this...

or

Tier 2: 234

Tier 3: 240

BTW: There is only 1 right answer...

Which answer is the right one...? ;)

These are the item ratings from the vendor:

-eric

Which answer is the right one...? ;)

These are the item ratings from the vendor:

-eric

Well done sir, Regardless of what TUX says about you :jawa_angel:, you picked correctly!

Edited by Bristol

-eric

Yeah, were y'all smoking good stuff when you came up with this table? I hope all of you have been polishing your resumes. I expect EA isn't going to take kindly to the sub losses you aren't going to recover from with this new "fix".

Hey folks,

Implant/Earpiece: Eternity Vault – Soa (The Infernal One)

Relic and Implant: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess

-eric

You have two different ways to display the dropping of two slots' gear tokens. Is there a difference? Also, when two slots are listed does this mean that 4 tokens drop(2x2) in 8m or 8 tokens(4x2) in 16m?

My thoughts exactly. Not the best system to encourage solo players.

Yeah, not for solo players who want to do ops. You really have to be in guild with dedicated group(s).

Since it's already so difficult to get group running it's not worth it to even start one.

Edited by Halinalle

• Implant/Earpiece: Eternity Vault – Soa (The Infernal One)

Here are the drops for Tier 3 which come from Master difficulty unless otherwise noted:

• Relic and Implant: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess
  • Legs and Earpiece: Terror From Beyond – The Terror From Beyond
  • Hands and Chest: Scum and Villainy – Dread Master Styrak
  • Boots and off-hand: The Dread Fortress – Dread Master Brontes
  • Head and mainhand: The Dread Palace – The Dread Masters

Hi Eric,

So how does this work? These bosses have two items attached to them. Does this mean these bosses drop both items guaranteed or is it a guaranteed drop but which piece drops is random?

Clearly if it's the latter, you may still not be able to get the piece you want if it drops the implant when you need the earpiece...

Edited by Tsillah

Clearly if it's the latter, you may still not be able to get the piece you want if it drops the implant when you need the earpiece...

If you need earpiece maybe you're doing the wrong operation then?

You mean relic?

Edited by Halinalle

If you need earpiece maybe you're doing the wrong operation then?

You mean relic?

No I don't mean relic. I mean exactly what I wrote.

So let me humour you. Please tell me which tier 1 or 2 bosses drop implants and earpieces as a guaranteed drop?

I see, you want Soa to drop tier 3 in Veteran mode.

224 gear from EV and KP was a big mistake and it's very good thing they are moving away from that disaster.

No I don't.

Are you really this bad at reading?

What I'm saying is that in tier 1 and 2 the only reliable boss for implants and earpieces is Soa. So I want to know if he drops both at the same time or if it's a 50/50 thing which makes it less reliable.

Can you manage that?

Wellits nice u give raiders and pvpers a way to get specific pieces but u forgot about solo players who r not raiding or pvping

Well, what would solo players need then? I mean solo players have no actual need for any endgame gear, but I don't mind them having this gear either. I mean, it's kinda fun to gear up characters, whether you need it or not. And it can make up in part for a lack of skills for anyone. But since their situation has already been improved by GC overall by making endgame gear accessible to solo players outside of ops and pvp, what more is needed in your opinion?