Corruptor Zero More Buggy Than Thought?

Hey everyone,

I'm a raid leader for my guild on the server The Shadowlands, and we've recently been progressing in 8 man Dread Fortress Hardmode.

The title of my thread is to raise a question to specifically address the damage the Concussion Mine deals that the boss throws on someone. The people in my raid group understand the mechanics behind it as well as the rest of the fight. The issue I have is that when I compared the damage we were taking from the Concussion Mine to the videos of other guilds (Hatred and Sukafish are examples), we were taking several times the damage. Bear in mind that the videos that I reviewed were before a patch changed the Concussion Mine to have a cast bar.

Here's the Dulfy video I mentioned:

I noticed in the video that when the Concussion Mine ticked for damage, it did about 2k per stack. When my guild has been running it, we've had people die to the Mine when it had 3 stacks for ~14k damage. My question is this; Is this change in damage intentional or no? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks and cheers!

Sincerely,

Jester

Edited by JesterSithMaster
Corrections

Concussion Mine ticks for a HECK of a lot more than 2k. Try 10k. It's very damaging. The third or fourth tick is essentially death (second tick if your healers aren't paying attention). The fact that it's an AoE doesn't help either.

It's worth noting that a lot of the videos were made in the first week, when Concussion Mine wasn't working properly. Things are somewhat different now. The key is a) raid awareness from your ranged, and b) twitch reactions from your healers. Make sure your healers are keeping ahead of the tank damage and thus can take a few seconds away from the tank to pour heals into the mine target. It's somewhat hard on the healers if the tanks are taking unnecessary damage or the droids aren't being managed, but it's doable.

It's worth noting that a lot of the videos were made in the first week, when Concussion Mine wasn't working properly. Things are somewhat different now.

Thing is, the Concussion Mine is NOT working properly now. There's been developers that have come out and said that the "fake" Mine that gets tossed out is not intentional. I'm just stating that between the changes they've made from the 1st week it came out to what it is now, I've seen an increase in damage from the Concussion Mine by several times. I'm just wondering if this change in damage is intentional or not.

Sincerely,

Jester

Concussion Mine is very buggy at this state since patch 2.4.1. This was the note made w/ patch 2.4.1.

In Hard Mode, Corruptor Zero's "Concussion Mine" ability now fires at the proper intervals, and there is less of an increase in damage dealt by additional stacks of the ability.

First is the buggy icon from patch 2.4.1. There would be fake icons that doesn't increase in stack.. These do no damage what so ever and the icon does not disappear. This still have not yet being fixed.

The damage seems to have increased drastically than reduced. I checked my logs from last night and the damage seems to be

• 5.5 k damage at 1 stack
  • 8.5k damage at 2 stacks
  • 11.3k damage at 3 stacks.
  • 14k damage at 4 stacks.

This is in contrast to the first week (when the video was made) where I was getting only hit for 5-6k at 6 stacks. Either they meant something else in the patch notes or they accidentally upped the damage than reduced it.

Edited by Iwipe

This is in contrast to the first week (when the video was made) where I was getting only hit for 5-6k at 6 stacks. Either they meant something else in the patch notes or they accidentally upped the damage than reduced it.

I wonder if this is the same problem that Brontes had, where the damage values are swapped between 8 man and 16 man. We did 16 man HM on this boss the other night, and the mine was laughably easy to heal through. We had a couple people who didn't cleanse it for 5-6 stacks and it was still eminently healable. On 8 man though, it's a pretty serious heal/awareness check.

From my experience, if you're standing within ten meters of the boss, you never get the stacking mine (or rather it's cleansed instantly). We've killed Corruptor two weeks in a row now utilizing that positioning and haven't seen a single stacking mine debuff go out (plent of decoys though).

Other than gravity field, there's no real drawback to keeping within that range of the boss that I've noticed (and at 10 meters, you're just on the edge of gravity field anyway).

We had the same issue tonight. Multiple people would go "Clear" the mine and then it stayed..

Top it off everyone "Cleared" the mine and then BOOM one person has like 4-5 stack and no ICON was showing up at all for awhile. Everyone got 10-14k wipes.

I have to write here my opinion after trying Corruptor Zero on HM for many weeks now. It is really frustrating fight as it has a lot RNG elements on it.

The worst is mine and "fake" mine, be it bug or not. Second most stupid thing is that when boss starts gravity field and someone gets then mine debuff. You have no choice but to run into boss and gravity field and die. This behavior means wipe.

Bioware i suggest STRONGLY to look the fight and fix the mine. Be it timed when adds spawn or make it damage less AND not when gravity field is up.

Currently its a mess and people are getting annoyed with wipes due to silly bugs and randomness with mines. Some tries you get few REAL mines, sometimes you get tons.

Edited by Divona

I have to agree that it happened to us once during our progress that healer got mine but boss was casting gravity field.

What do you do ??? wait outside and wipe raid with 4 stacks ticking for 11k or run into gravity, get stuned so you get even more stacks and wipe raid anyway ....

thankfully only happened to us once.

The bug is quite annoying. This fight is harder post "nerf" that it was beforehand. The main problem we faced was the fake bombs with the debuffs that don't go away. On more than one occasion, a person had their entire debuff bar on the interface filled with false bombs, so the real bomb that person had did not show up. Even when not taken to that extreme, it's much easier to deal with the bomb without the false debuffs; it's easier to recognize a person when they have the only debuff, rather than noticing the 10th identical debuff on my raid frame.

This didn't stop us from downing it, but it it took it longer than it should have.

I do like the commentary.... MORE MORE BUGS for my MASTERS SUITORS.... The FORUMS love to hear your screams... :D LOL

Seriously.. I wish BIOWARE would fix this guy already and "TEST" it prior to deploying the patch. REMOVE it until then so we can keep farming that offhand. Tanks can use the MOD/ENH..