The Gear Grind

Lattervane

I'm a returning player. I mainly only pvp and do the occassional flashpoint.

To the Devs - your end game gear progression system is the biggest convoluted mess I've ever seen. What in heck are ya'll smoking at the office that made you think this crap up?

Not only does it take forever to acquire anything beyond tier 1, trying to figure out how many components, command tokens, at which vendor for which specific piece of gear is mind blowing.

There's alot to be said for simplicity. You guys need to figure that out.

I'm a returning player. I mainly only pvp and do the occassional flashpoint.

To the Devs - your end game gear progression system is the biggest convoluted mess I've ever seen. What in heck are ya'll smoking at the office that made you think this crap up?

Not only does it take forever to acquire anything beyond tier 1, trying to figure out how many components, command tokens, at which vendor for which specific piece of gear is mind blowing.

There's alot to be said for simplicity. You guys need to figure that out.

Returning player also. Its simple. 13 pagan rituals, sacrifice your 1st born and pray to RNG gods.

But yeah, now spend less time pvp'ing and more time trying to work out the algorithm to to see if the RNG gods allow me to get gear for my char.

I feel you're pain but hey. They spent 4.0 ruining pve, so now its 5.0's turn to ruin pvp

Edited by countdemons

It is actually quite simple:

In one room, for each class, there is a set of 4 vendors (1 per tier) which will sell you gear for (230,236,242,248) for the respective gear token + few command tokens. The exception is tier 1 (230) which requires only command tokens without a gear token.

In the 2nd room, for each class, there is a set of vendors (1 per tier) which serve as "converters", they will sell you the gear tokens, for any piece of gear of the same slot and 1 tier LOWER + some hundreds of unassembled components.

230 purple gear (not blue or green) can be converted to 236 tokens (which buys legendary gear).

236 (legendary only) can be converted to 242 tokens (which buys legendary gear).

242 (legendary only) can be converted to 248 tokens (which buys legendary gear) which is currently top rating.

For example, to get a token for a tier 4 glove, the "cost" is a tier 3 glove (242) + some unassembled components. The glove which you sell can have its inner mods stripped out if you want them, even the empty "shell" is enough for the vendor.

Beside all that there are the loot crates, which can grant you the gear directly (tier of the gear depends on their tier of the box which depends on your command rank, which goes up like normal leveling up to 300, in 300 you keep getting cxp, and for each time your cxp bar is full you get a tier 4 crate and the cxp bar resets, but does not lvl you up to 301. Crates also always involve some command tokens, and if you got a non-cosmetic gear piece (=gear with stats, not empty shells) that you don't need you can disintegrate them to get unassembled components.

*Other ways to get unassembled components is basically any non-solo content, and especially PVP weeklies. In fact, these ways are far dominant than disintegrating gear, and the gear, even if unneeded, better be saved to buy the gear tokens, because remember, the cost for a token is unassembled components + a weaker version of the same piece of gear. That means, that if for example, you have 246 gloves (which are not legendary), but open a crate with 242 gloves (which are legendary), you might wanna keep the 242 gloves because they are convertible to 248 (with the unassembled component vendor), while the 246 are not.

*Raid bosses drop gear tokens directly (same token for same boss, so you can target those you want), so it can help you skip the use of unassembled components if you get them.

So it is more complicated than it used to be, but is not confusing or hard to understand when you write it all in one place, and these days all PC games get more and more complicated because simple gets boring (compare the assassin's creed 1st game to the last, or mass effect [but keep Andromeda out of it :p], or any other game series, complicated is good as long as the human mind can still wrap around it.

P.S: The annoying bit is that some tank BiS enhancements can only be achieved as super-rare drops from tier 3 and 4 crates, so rare that in fact I discovered their existence just recently, and hope that in the future there will be other ways to get them. Beside them, all BiS gear can be acquired by not so long work, even if you have 0 luck with your crates.

It is actually quite simple:

*continues to write a novel-size post*

Errrr.. what?

When explaining gear to someone it should be like:

Component A, source vendor here

Component B, source OPS here

Component C, source crafting here

Component D, source currency XYZ

If it requires more explaining than that it's not a simple system.

As a new or late returning player.. the current system is a maze for which you need a foreign dictionary to unravel.

Edited by Evolixe

Errrr.. what?

As a new or late returning player.. the current system is a maze for which you need a foreign dictionary to unravel.

I agree. Each post of someone trying to explain it to me requires around 6 hours of reading. The irony is that they start with, its simple.

Having cleared almost all NiM content with timed runs, I got bored with no content for years, so took time off to play WoW. Came back to 3 ops bosses in like 2 years....

Aside from the no content joke, the gearing system is absurd. It has put me off wanting to play the game as its meant to be fun and enjoyable. Shouldn't have to study harder to work out how to gear than for my degree.

I laugh when I see the devs say this gearing carry on is "controversial". It means they know they ****ed up.

Gearing should go back to how it was in 2.0 for the dread ops.

I didn't say it is the simplest system possible, but while 1+1=2 is simpler than 2*512=1024, that doesn't make the latter complicated.

What BioWare did fail in doing, is getting the info accessible easily. It was accessible and quite explained in patch notes of 5.0, if I recall correctly, or at least I know for certain it was never complicated for me when it was introduced (and it didn't see many changes since), but maybe thats my 146 IQ speaking ;)

I wrote a scroll to have all info required in there if you think short sentences are necessary for simplicity, lets try:

CT = command tokens

UC = unassembled components

Tokens are specific for each slot and each tier [Ex: Tier 3 Implant token]

Gear:

Vendor location: supplies section of fleet, 2nd room.

Cost per piece: Token (of respective rating) + CT. [Tier 1 requires only CT]

Alternative source: Lucky RNG in command crates.

Token:

Vendor location: supplies section of fleet, 1st room.

Cost per piece: gear of previous tier + UC

Alternative source: ops bosses.

CT:

Source: Command crates.

UC

Source: all no-solo content (especially weekly missions), and disintigrating Gear from Command crates.

Command crates:

Source: leveling up with CXP.

Is that simple enough? It was for my 8yo brother who doesn't play this game (but so was my last post, so... :p)

EDIT: Whatever degree you are studying, I sure hope it involves more than reading and understanding an "article" of 99 words with a lot of in-references and explaining colors, so you will do. Understanding the above is not more complicated than understanding how ancient hypergate or Odessen proving grounds work. ;)

Just note that I will probably respond to whatever you say only tomorrow :).

Edited by Rafiknoll

Errrr.. what?

you just did explain it in 4 lines, point form. it really is that simple.

No, because you failed to include the part where you first have to get to command level 300 before you get any of the good stuff.

Look at it from the perspective of a completely new player. You don't know what command levels are.

You don't know what command crates are. You don't know what command points or unassembled comms are or where they come from. You don't know what a token is, where to hand it in or how that upgrading system is structured..

Hell, most people don't even know they can use their companion to sell off useless items to create bagspace while out and about.

As a core part of the game this information should either be obvious or handed to you as you go. But it isnt.

If it wasn't for the fact that they appear in your inventory I bet many new players wouldn't even notice command crates are a thing until someone told em.

you just did explain it in 4 lines, point form. it really is that simple.

Sure, if you already know the system. If you don't know jack it doesn't make any sense at all.

I remember from my early days in WoW I would not socket gems in items because I didn't understand the concept of gemming. Little did I know..

The information wasn't obvious. If it isn't obvious people will skip or miss it.

Not intentionally, but they just don't know any better.

If we talk about new players not knowing things, lets talk about resolve in PVP, or about main stats before the times of mastery, or about how accuracy vs defense work.

Information in this game comes from 2 sources, the codex entries which you get rather randomly and won't necessarily know which to read as game info and which do disregard as lore. [There is a codex entry explaining resolve, when do you get it, and why would you read it are the questions], and the patch notes. Some things are stated only when they are implemented/changed and then forgotten about. It is not good, but that is how it currently is.

Therefore people make guides. There might be a guide for the gear, such as the one I posted, but in case there is none I just made one. Following this guide you can buy 248 gear in tier 1 as a non-sub who doesn't gain cxp, by the way, so your statement about good gear being restricted to rank 300 is wrong, it just starts flowing faster in 300, if you were unlucky enough, or lvled too fast to get all gear until you get there.

The game doesn't give the info, but when the info is given to you by any other means it is not too complicated to wrap the head around it. Until BioWare makes their in-game guide, settle for mine or any other. Problem solved.

Edited by Rafiknoll

People just don't want to invest 5 min of research to actually know, where and when to get stuff. It really is simple but requires at least a minor degree of curiosity...

I already said in another thread that in theory you could get BIS in 1 - 2 days depending on how dedicated you are and wether or not you have the people to do the required operations.

People who wanted everything easy ruined most of this game already.

There is no skill tree anymore, there are no subclasses, companions are pretty much invincible, there is only mastery and no classspecific stats anymore...

All because people were just too stupid and didn't bother to invest 5 min in one of the 5000 youtube guides....

Gearing is easy and not complicated, if you have too much trouble with it, you probably wouldn't have stayed for long here anyway so look for another mmo (I don't recommend anything from korea or asia in general, since there you have to farm gear for at least 1 year to get BIS ;) )

If we talk about new players not knowing things, lets talk about resolve in PVP, or about main stats before the times of mastery, or about how accuracy vs defense work.

Information in this game comes from 2 sources, the codex entries which you get rather randomly and won't necessarily know which to read as game info and which do disregard as lore. [There is a codex entry explaining resolve, when do you get it, and why would you read it are the questions], and the patch notes. Some things are stated only when they are implemented/changed and then forgotten about. It is not good, but that is how it currently is.

Therefore people make guides. There might be a guide for the gear, such as the one I posted, but in case there is none I just made one. Following this guide you can buy 248 gear in tier 1 as a non-sub who doesn't gain cxp, by the way, so your statement about good gear being restricted to rank 300 is wrong, it just starts flowing faster in 300, if you were unlucky enough, or lvled too fast to get all gear until you get there.

The game doesn't give the info, but when the info is given to you by any other means it is not too complicated to wrap the head around it. Until BioWare makes their in-game guide, settle for mine or any other. Problem solved.

And then how would you know which guide is up to date? Rather than the top result from 2-3 years ago?

IF a new player would be curious enough he would look for a 5.6 guide, there probably isn't one.

So they go looking for older ones. What's to stop them from accidentally watching/reading an outdated guide?

Nothing. Nothing at all. If you don't know any better you don't stand a chance.

And I honestly never accessed the codex entries myself.

You'd really have to be deeply into the lore to be bothered with that stuff.

It's like putting core information in collectables. It doesn't work.

And then how would you know which guide is up to date? Rather than the top result from 2-3 years ago?

At least google usually provides a date for its results. Which search engine are you using?

IF a new player would be curious enough he would look for a 5.6 guide, there probably isn't one.

If someone doesn't understand and wants to understand, this someone should look for the answers. If that someone is aware how the internet works, then that someone will take measures to ensure an up to date result is achieved. Searching for guides for a game is no different than searching for a solution to a problem, or searching news. Most people nowadays know how to browse the internet. As much as if your speakers would stop working suddenly, you would know where to look and probably quickly dismiss anything which is unrelated or discusses Windows XP hardware solutions, same goes for a constantly patched game. It is common sense.

Out of curiosity: Just googled "swtor 5.6 gear guide", 1st result was this, which is a little too detailed for my taste (making the simple look complex), but very informative. It invloves even all numbers (which I chose to skip in my colored summary) of UC and CT granted and required for anything.

So they go looking for older ones. What's to stop them from accidentally watching/reading an outdated guide?

Nothing. Nothing at all. If you don't know any better you don't stand a chance.

Nothing but the date written above, as I said. If no date is written, I highly recommend those who read guides to log in the game at least once, just to make sure that the interfaces even look similar to those in the guides ;) [for example, if someone sees a "skill tree" in a guide, but can only see discipline in game, he will realize it is either outdated or a different game completely, even if a date can't be found on the guide]. All that is still within the what can be expected from the average man who uses internet enough to play an MMO.

And I honestly never accessed the codex entries myself.

You didn't access the codex but you do know how resolve works, and I suspect it wasn't a recent discovery. I do agree that the codex is an odd and confusing place for important information because there are the separate far to elaborate tutorials as well (the only place where tutorials are good is in GSF practice), but fact is you managed, and everyone else managed to figure resolve out in alternative ways than BioWare's intent.

You'd really have to be deeply into the lore to be bothered with that stuff.

No, just need to know that some categories of the codex aren't lore. The category "game rules" used to explain main stats and still explains resolve and other basic things that many people have to know but sadly some don't. The category "persons of notes" was mostly lore but also included a summary of which behaviors do each companion like / dislike (now the very same codex entry is also written in the companion and contracts panel). And there is no need to explain the importance of the "crew skill" category, which, if people bothered to read the damn entry, would clear the fleet general chat from "which skills go with XYZ??" because it is plainly and very simply written in the entry.

As I said I totally agree with you that the locating of most info is stupid and while mostly accessible, people wouldn't know where to access it. And that needs to be changed, perhaps by editing the untouched-since-launch tutorials and putting everything in there. The most funny example is that the very important and useful information for new players "if you are stuck type /stuck" is an "RNG drop" in loading screens. I am not defending BioWare's bad distribution of info. All I said is that the info, once found, is not too complicated to understand and remember (even after long breaks, and I had some).

The OP involved a complaint about complication and lack of informatiion. I disagreed with the 1st and agreed with the 2nd. Instead of joining the complaint that I agree about, I chose to solve this problem (even if it is less optimal than BioWare actually making sense), by simplifying (twice) the information in this thread, thus making it also accessible (because OPs are likely to read their own threads). So both problems solved :)

Edited by Rafiknoll

Basically you need to open command crates, to get the tokens, to buy the gear, to combine with the unassembled components to buy the other gear.

Why not just have all gear, at all tiers bought with one currency type? Instead you have to get multiple currency types from several places and you have 8 VENDORS for gear in two different places. W. T. F.

If you need to search for a guide on how to do it, the system has failed to explain itself very well.

If you want to see if a system you've designed does what it's supposed to and explains itself to random newbies well, you need to go out on the street, find some unsuspecting newbies, and hire them to try your system out. If they figure it out, your system isn't too bad. If they spend a couple hours scratching their heads and giving up, it's redesign time.

The other thing about game systems is that sometimes people will use it in ways you didn't intend and the systems you've put in place to watch what the players are doing won't do a very good of explaining why they aren't doing what you want them to/think they should be doing. Ex: I didn't buy commendation/crystal gear because I found trading commendations/crystals for companion gifts and stabilizers to be a better deal.

Basically you need to open command crates, to get the tokens, to buy the gear, to combine with the unassembled components to buy the other gear.

Why not just have all gear, at all tiers bought with one currency type? Instead you have to get multiple currency types from several places and you have 8 VENDORS for gear in two different places. W. T. F.

At least since 2.0, there was never the same currency used for different tiers of endgame gear (separate elite/ulti comms for 162/168, for example). The reason is: if there was only one currency then it would be faster to get BiS if you save all currency for only BiS, not buying the cheaper lower tiers 1st. As a result, people who wanna gear the fastest way will choose to bare with gear under lowest tier instead of buying middle tiers, and will be a burden on their team in any content they enter.

So BioWare decided to actually make it all one currency, now how do we avoid the above problem? Simple and actually brilliant solution: require the lower tier of gear to buy the higher tier of gear, just as ranked gear used to work in the old times (to get "elite war hero" you had to buy it with "war hero" version + rwz comms). BioWare actually reverted to an old tactic here, but made it better because it is not lower gear + NEW currency (rwz comms were different from wz comms, you had to gain both), you need lower gear + ONLY currency. That means currency progression is good for all tiers of gear, while still forcing the players to have a staged gear progress, rather than baring with terrible gear until they can "spike" up to BiS.

But BioWare also had to make PVP gear go, because they realized how much mess was "expertise" causing when people failed to have it in PVP and having no expertise meant PVE gear would be better than PVP gear due to it having a higher rating and total stats. So PVP gear and PVE gear were merged into one kind of gear, the only kind. Now we need to make 2 kinds of systems that can work individually toward gear AND can be combined if you choose to. So OPS gave tokens, while PVP gave UC, which is an alternative way to get tokens, so we have both paths merging into the simple "get token to get gear", with 2 possible answers to "how to get tokens". So far not complicated. Additionally, they made RNG to give you a chance to boost the process. Since up to here wasn't complicated, don't tell me RNG makes all the difference...

They also separated the vendors per class (x4) and per tier (again x4), and in order to use the UC they made separated token vendors (again separated per class and per tier), and this is how we ended up with 32 vendors which are actually only of 2 kinds: token assemblers and token sellers (which I also called "gear convertors/upgrades"), seperated for convenience yet somehow people see it as inconvenience, even though the vendors have a very specific self-explanatory description ("tier 4 inquisitor"), to help people understand. In fact, I think the need of a guide is only for those too lazy to explore all vendors on the fleet at least once because that alone should be enough to understand the whole system.

Basically, in every game ever, single or multiplayer that involves any kind of currency(s) and any kind of store(s)/vendor(s), a smart player will 1st explore all purchase possibilities. Then see how easy/hard it is to acquire each kind of merchandise without purchasing, which (if any) consumable is actually worth spending money for, how fast does each currency accumulate and therefore, whether it is worth saving for expensive stuff or by cheap stuff 1st, and which stuff should be prioritized. Compared to most single player games, at least, SWTOR is oversimplified because all that is purchasable by the currencies is gear and boosts to get the same currencies faster, and gear itself is all same priority because gloves = boots = implant in any possible benefit they can grant because it is all about gathering the stats you need.

So instead of having to think of prioritizing different currencies which each buys different types of items, you have 2 currencies to achieve 1 goal - gear, and you use it to buy only that gear the other things required to buy that gear. Having only 1 goal with your currencies, is a very rare simplification in games nowadays (for example: "should I save to buy armor, bow or sword 1st?" in nearly any game in which the 3 items exists is a totally harder consideration because each is needed for completely different reasons). This game is not what I would call "complicated".

[before you "attack" me for saying people have to explore vendors, think it doesn't make less sense than "read all utilities before you pick the ones you think best". You gotta know the options before you make choices. While learning the vendor options a side effect of that is you also learn the gearing mechanics, therefore you don't need to ask about it later]

Edited by Rafiknoll

The other issue with this system is alts. I have I believe 46 level 70's across many servers. To use ny Mercs as an example, I have 3 level 70 mercs. 1 on Harbinger for raiding, and 2 on ToFN>TRE>Darth Malgus. One is heal, one is dps.

Under the old system this is no issue. Under the new one, as I believe it, I need to get my "command rank" to 400 on both and then do the rituals to gear my alts.

I think we can all agree this is absurd.... but only if I have understood the kangaroo gearing system correctly

The RNG from the command crates is indefensible. That being said....

Anyone who walks over to the supply section of fleet and takes a look for 5 minutes gets a pretty good idea on how things work, and after they upgrade even a single piece they should have pretty solid knowledge on how to do it.

The upgrading system is alot more flexible than meets they eye, and if you have multiple toons your getting cxp with, has the power to reverse a lot of bad luck you get with only leveling cxp with one character.

Were it simplified to the point of which certain vocal people wanted it, it would lose that flexibility.

If it was a big issue, then we'd have a guide already, stickied to the top of the pvp and general forums. We could still have that if someone was inclined. Is it really needed? Probably not. If you disagree, then why not write one instead of complaining on the lack of information for new players?

Edited by Severith

The RNG from the command crates is indefensible. That being said....

Anyone who walks over to the supply section of fleet and takes a look for 5 minutes gets a pretty good idea on how things work, and after they upgrade even a single piece they should have pretty solid knowledge on how to do it.

The upgrading system is alot more flexible than meets they eye, and if you have multiple toons your getting cxp with, has the power to reverse a lot of bad luck you get with only leveling cxp with one character.

Were it simplified to the point of which certain vocal people wanted it, it would lose that flexibility.

If it was a big issue, then we'd have a guide already, stickied to the top of the pvp and general forums. We could still have that if someone was inclined. Is it really needed? Probably not. If you disagree, then why not write one instead of complaining on the lack of information for new players?

I'm not saying there isn't enough information. I am saying it's a needless system.

Kill ops boss - get gear

Kill ops boss on higher dificulty - get better gear

Do pvp - get tokens/comms - take to vendor and buy gear.

It's not a difficult concept. There is no real reason why they changed a simple, time tested gearing method that rewards you for hard work, effort and skill in regards to NiM raiding.

It seems it is just a pathetic attempt to distract from the fact the "devs" - use that word lightly in this case, are completely incapable of releasing any content other than a few cut scene's. Oh and bugs. They love making sure everything they do actually release is bugged.

You can not deny they despise the raiding community. Wildstar devs went on raids with some raid teams and spoke to them in voice chat regarding their raids and what they want.

Blizzard - with WOD content drought, the players went crazy. So they brought out Legion and was significantly better.

SWTOR - release 2 operations in four years. Refuse to talk about it, refuse to even mention operations. When asked, avoid the question.

It is a disgrace

The other issue with this system is alts. I have I believe 46 level 70's across many servers. To use ny Mercs as an example, I have 3 level 70 mercs. 1 on Harbinger for raiding, and 2 on ToFN>TRE>Darth Malgus. One is heal, one is dps.

Under the old system this is no issue. Under the new one, as I believe it, I need to get my "command rank" to 400 on both and then do the rituals to gear my alts.

I think we can all agree this is absurd.... but only if I have understood the kangaroo gearing system correctly

Well, I don't understand what new problem with alts didn't exist with the old version. You can still use legacy gear to move 248 mods from character to character, in fact it means you can essentially use a gear twice. Here is a demonstration: You got 1 of your mercs a 242 gloves doesn't matter how. Now you have accumulated enough UC (note that they are, since 5.6, a bound to legacy item which you can move between characters) to upgrade the gloves to rating 248. You can take out all mods out of the glove and put it in a legacy gear (reminder that 100% of the stats of a modable gear are in the mods), and then use the "empty shell" of the glove + the UC to buy the 248 glove token, and use that token to by the 248 glove. So now, for a cost of UC, you got a 248 glove AND a 242 glove from the one 242 glove that you had before. You can put either mods (the 242 or the 248) in legacy gear and use it on your other characters. If you had a dps glove and you want to gear your healer merc, you can use the 248 token to buy a healer 248 glove, keep the 242 mods on the owner of the original gloves and put the mods from the new 248 glove into legacy gloves and send them to your merc healer. In fact, you could use the same token to buy an assassin 248 glove as well.

In short, a certain piece of any tier less than 4 can be upgraded to ANY other piece of any spec or class, with the only restriction is it being the same slot (glove can only be traded for glove, boots can only be traded for boots, all mainhand and offhand weapons are considered the same category so a lightsaber can be traded for a sniper rifle, and a mara offhand lightsaber can be traded for a knife), and all that is without losing the mods of the original item. That means if you had a 230 and enough UC you will have 230 + 236 (and the 236 can be for any other class and spec), if you had a 236 you can have a 236 + 242 (and the 242 can be for any other class and spec) and if you had a 242 you can have a 242 + 248 (and the 248 can be for any class and spec). So you can essentially have 1 merc ranking up, and use his old 230/236/242 gear to get 248 gear for all other roles without playing them and use his own 248 to gear itself when it reaches 300 (not 400, just 300). It would be slower than playing them all simultaneously, and remeber, as much as your merc can gear your assassin for 248 before reaching his own rank 300, so can he do for himself. So multiple characters gearing each other and themselves all during their ranking is quite a fast process, and you can be half BiS before reaching 300. Of course it might be frustrating to get the gear you worked so hard for AGAIN in your RNG crates, and thus I suggest not buying 248s too fast, but let rank 300 grant you some. If for some reason you assumed there is a rank requirement to equip the high tiered items, it is wrong. A rank 1 character (lvl 70, ofc) can equip full 248 gear, if by whatever means he got some.

The only gear that each toon has to win alone is the unmodable gear (earpieces, implants and relics), for these untradeable pieces the only way is to get them on the same character that uses them, so there your options are: get them from RNG, or upgrade them from lesser versions, but this time it must be the same character owning the lesser version, and you will have nothing left of the last version after conversion because u cant eject mods. But the problem of left side not being transferable between toons always existed, at least now you don't have to start from scratch to gear a sin with a merc. You can gear a sin with a merc just as fast as you gear the merc itself (except for left side and RNG luck, of course).

Important note: due to the "shells" disappearing when you buy the better token (due to them being part of the payment to the vendor), and due to the left side items doing the same, do NOT use augment kits on the original item. Instead, augment a legacy gear and put the mods in it. This way you do not lose an augmented piece (and therefore waste your augment kit) per upgrade you make. Also make sure that you took out all mods inside the shell that you wanna use before you buy the token, because the vendor doesn't care to take them with the shell (refunding the token should let you undo mistakes such as this, just make sure you refund the token before you use it to buy the actual gear, because refunding 2 actions backwards isn't possible last time I checked). As for the left side, augment it if you don't care about losing kit and having to reaugment the better version. I personally gear fast enough to bother with augs only with 248 left sided items, but it all depends on how much you need them and how long till you get 248. Note that if you do choose to augment the lesser versions (of the earpiece, for example), at least take the augment itself out before you lose the earpiece for the token, so you will need to only buy a new augmentation kit and not an new augment as well.

Emm, i am not new to the game. I fully understand what legacy gear is thank you very much.

Since you seem to be leaning more toward's the dev's are good at their job rather than "devs please QQ" i will ask you this. How do you feel about someone who has never even done a HM let alone a NiM raid having BiS highest ilevel gear with no real effort?

You genuinely believe that, that is a fair concept?

I'm not saying there isn't enough information. I am saying it's a needless system.

Kill ops boss - get gear

Kill ops boss on higher dificulty - get better gear

Do pvp - get tokens/comms - take to vendor and buy gear.

It's not a difficult concept. There is no real reason why they changed a simple, time tested gearing method that rewards you for hard work, effort and skill in regards to NiM raiding.

It seems it is just a pathetic attempt to distract from the fact the "devs" - use that word lightly in this case, are completely incapable of releasing any content other than a few cut scene's. Oh and bugs. They love making sure everything they do actually release is bugged.

You can not deny they despise the raiding community. Wildstar devs went on raids with some raid teams and spoke to them in voice chat regarding their raids and what they want.

Blizzard - with WOD content drought, the players went crazy. So they brought out Legion and was significantly better.

SWTOR - release 2 operations in four years. Refuse to talk about it, refuse to even mention operations. When asked, avoid the question.

It is a disgrace

Wasn't actually refering to you or your statement earlier. I would have quoted you if I had. My post would of been something like this:

There is no command rank 400.

Leveling different sets of toons on different servers isn't an "us" issue, it's a "you" issue.

You could argue that having 46 70th level characters makes you an expert at low and mid leveling swtor gaming, but it's a indication that you probably don't spend alot of time at endgame.

Frothing at the mouth and going off topic isn't a path to a productive conversation.

Wasn't actually refering to you or your statement earlier. I would have quoted you if I had. My post would of been something like this:

There is no command rank 400.

Leveling different sets of toons on different servers isn't an "us" issue, it's a "you" issue.

You could argue that having 46 70th level characters makes you an expert at low and mid leveling swtor gaming, but it's a indication that you probably don't spend alot of time at endgame.

Frothing at the mouth and going off topic isn't a path to a productive conversation.

Emm, well, timed Nightmare runs, not far off 100% ops completion in the legacy tab and high elo ratings in solo and group ranked on different classes, i would beg to differ.

Nice try though. Now back to you're flashpoint progression team

Sure, if you already know the system. If you don't know jack it doesn't make any sense at all.

I remember from my early days in WoW I would not socket gems in items because I didn't understand the concept of gemming. Little did I know..

The information wasn't obvious. If it isn't obvious people will skip or miss it.

Not intentionally, but they just don't know any better.

IKR,

I wish it was obvious for people to put crystals in weapons. It’s one of my pet hates is seeing someone with out crystals tell you they don’t need it because of Bolster.

The weapons shouldn’t even shoot or light up without crystal. Then Bioware could have a pop up that tells them to equip a crystal or their abilities won’t work.

Edited by TrixxieTriss