Question about companions, when do dialog options open... and Vette

Tierdal

When dialog options open? at the end of world quests? That seems to be when i get new options.

My concern is Vette. I keep shocking her but I dont want to ruin her character and never get to remove the collar. I have an option now where she is begging..right after balmora.. will she ask again

What determines when she wants to talk to me?

When dialog options open? at the end of world quests? That seems to be when i get new options.

My concern is Vette. I keep shocking her but I dont want to ruin her character and never get to remove the collar. I have an option now where she is begging..right after balmora.. will she ask again

What determines when she wants to talk to me?

so basically what youre saying is that you ultimately intend to take the shock collar off of vette HOWEVER even with that plan in mind, you continue to shock her and not take it off because you want to continue the temporary enjoyment of torturing her?

wow. . .

Edited by Ricktur

so basically what youre saying is that you ultimately intend to take the shock collar off of vette HOWEVER even with that plan in mind, you continue to shock her and not take it off because you want to continue the temporary enjoyment of torturing her?

wow. . .

basically...

but its more like im curious how the story differs then just taking it off

• 2 weeks later...
I have about 2700 affection points with Kira and there hasn't been a dialog yet. I have been in the ship and cantina. I am finished with Taris and about to start with Nar Shadaa.

Is it because I haven't finish Act 1 yet or is it a bug?

She'll have stuff to say after Nar Shaddaa - specifically things that happen after it. Much like the original KOTOR, a lot of companion dialogue requires you to progress the story for it to happen.

I think it has something to do with how far you are in your class quest line and also your level. Last night I finally finished off the great hunt part of my quest at level 32. Mako hadnt had any quests for me for a while prior to that and after completeing the great hunt she just started spilling out her quests. I literally did like 10 in a row right on the bridge of my ship. It was almost like it was playing catch up after finishing that part of my class quest.