Some Corrections For The Los Angeles Cantina Flash Drives

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

This week I learned about some incorrect information that went out on our flash drives which we gave away during the LA Cantina Tour. I wanted to highlight what was incorrect and to provide the correct information, including some updated screenshots with the correct rewards!

The first thing which led to some confusion is that the new event coming around Game Update 2.3 is called Bounty Contract Week, not the Bounty Hunter event. We didn't mean to have the added confusion around implying an event was named after a class. Bruce gave a little bit of information on the event, here.

Now, onto the screenshots! First was some incorrect armor screenshots. There were two new armor sets shown. One of them is not actually present in the game in that color variation which you can see here. The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.

What you will want to see are the new armor sets that are rewards for the Bounty Contract Week Rep! Here they are, reward 1, reward 2.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion.

-eric

Eric.

Can you also comment if the reward weapon is going to be a main hand only weapon?

If it is, it's a waste. As mercs and gunslingers want matching guns that can be duel wielded. It needs to be a main hand/off hand weapon.

Those armor sets do look much better than those that were previewed on the flash drive (but still would have rather seen a T-visor Mandalorian helmet, not the bug eyed one ,on #1).

Thanks.

Edited by Flying-Brian

I implore you to please add legacy 'knife' 'scattergun' 'shield' 'generator' and 'focus' with this event.

Its quite a pain currently that only Mara/Sentinel can use both weapons legacy (discounting Mercs and Slingers due to the opposite factions class having a different weapon system.)

+ That gear looks great, nice to see some of the old set styles (columi etc..) coming back in along with some hopefully new ones.

Edited by Solar_Breeze

All of those sets are already in the game. They should never be re-used as a reward armor set.

But are all of those sets presently available? From little I've been able to find most of the armor models I linked were from previous tiers of raiding / pvp gear. None of which is presently available or adaptive.

I'm fine with the armor models not being rewards for the event, so long as they are available.

Hey folks,

This week I learned about some incorrect information that went out on our flash drives which we gave away during the LA Cantina Tour. I wanted to highlight what was incorrect and to provide the correct information, including some updated screenshots with the correct rewards!

The first thing which led to some confusion is that the new event coming around Game Update 2.3 is called Bounty Contract Week, not the Bounty Hunter event. We didn't mean to have the added confusion around implying an event was named after a class. Bruce gave a little bit of information on the event, here.

Now, onto the screenshots! First was some incorrect armor screenshots. There were two new armor sets shown. One of them is not actually present in the game in that color variation which you can see here. The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.

What you will want to see are the new armor sets that are rewards for the Bounty Contract Week Rep! Here they are, reward 1, reward 2.

-eric

Great update, love the armors. Hoping this is a cool new story-driven event. Looks totally slick so far.

Please, please make sure to add Vogga the Hutt to the event if Hutts are involved. I always liked him, and Hutts can live several hundred years, and he wasnt killed by GOTO or anyone else in the events of KoTORII so he could still be alive and dealing out there. :csw_jabba: Edited by Kellorion

The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.

That chest piece looks so very painful...

Hey folks,

-eric

Can you comment on if those can be dyed a different color? I actually like the sets but not the colors.

Removed Brown Daily Set and Blue Daily Zone BoL Set seem very similar to the GSI Daily armour.

Still, I honestly don't care because - SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! - I finally can have a BoL Nerfboy* Hat!:D

Ever since the Gree event was announced to have Legacy gear (back before 1.7, so tail end of 1.6) I wished we'd get a Nerfboy hat bound to legacy. And now we do!:D:D:D

*Nerfboys are like Cowboys but x1000 more cool:cool:

Hey folks,

-eric

Wow. Are those sets adaptive? Also bind on legacy? Moddable? I've been waiting for an adaptive cowboy hat for my bounty Hunter forever, and hopefully this will be it. Edited by Glzmo

Removed Brown Daily Set and Blue Daily Zone BoL Set seem very similar to the GSI Daily armour.

Still, I honestly don't care because - SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! - I finally can have a BoL Nerfboy* Hat!:D

Ever since the Gree event was announced to have Legacy gear (back before 1.7, so tail end of 1.6) I wished we'd get a Nerfboy hat bound to legacy. And now we do!:D:D:D

*Nerfboys are like Cowboys but x1000 more cool:cool:

Indeed, I don't care if that isn't a "new" helm... the fact that any class can have a cowboy hat now instead of just smugglers is awesome. Especially since I always thought my BH would look great with one of those :p

I also like the whole armor set for that one, since it is leathery instead of full armor. Finally something I can wear instead of running around in just pants (seriously I am just wearing pants, since I have yet to find something that counts as heavy armor for my BH that isn't heavy armor looking.

Indeed, I don't care if that isn't a "new" helm... the fact that any class can have a cowboy hat now instead of just smugglers is awesome. Especially since I always thought my BH would look great with one of those :p

I also like the whole armor set for that one, since it is leathery instead of full armor. Finally something I can wear instead of running around in just pants (seriously I am just wearing pants, since I have yet to find something that counts as heavy armor for my BH that isn't heavy armor looking.

NERFboy hat. I love my NERFboy hat.

What's a cow?:confused: