Lord Scourge vs. New Emperor's Wrath

Strive-US

Lorewise, who is the stronger of the two: Lord Scourge, the former Emperor's Wrath, or the new Emperor's Wrath?

Scourge - because he's immortal, and has had over 300 years to sharpen and accumulate skills.

The new emperors wrath because he is a freaking beast that can survive a explosion and destroy armies and he did not went trough a ritual that made him immortal. Because the new wrath is a beast what can Scourge perfect lightsaber skills do against this tornado of destruction? And the interesting part is he is about late 20's in KOTFE.

I think Scourge like all martial artist there is as much as you can perfect and you reach a cap that depends upon your talent and in Scourge case talent and force potential. I really wish we will meet him in KOTFE and duel him.

Edited by adormitul

Scourge - because he's immortal, and has had over 300 years to sharpen and accumulate skills.

True new Wrath, because Scourge has had 300 of being feared that he's probably forgotten much. Becoming immortal doesn't mean your memory gets better. He probably barely remembers anything from 100 years ago

I'm with you, I agree, Scourge is immortal and has 300 years of accumulated wisdom. Being a 'beast' is one thing, but I'd rather have the knowledge and wisdom as well as immortality and strength. I would rather not be the embodiment of the 'dumb brute.' Having some smarts to go along with that prowess is definitely a plus.

Not trying to be "that guy" but i dont think scourge is all that powerful impressive yes, but if the HoT can overpower him so can the new Wrath who is as strong as HoT. Plus i think by the time of kotfe Wrath is just as powerful maybe more so than darth marr who was stronger than malgus and considered the best sith lord in his prime. not counting the emperor.

I'd go with Scourge on this one, mainly due to how pre-prime he was in Revan and how his Consume Essence works as this is perfect for this match-up.

As a duelist we know that he is at least an expert of Ataru, Juyo and Soresu and he may have expertise/mastery of other forms due to Juyo's requirement of mastery of multiple forms. This is the pre-prime Scourge we see in Revan and I honestly think he may have mastered all of the forms over the 300 years he spent in the Empire. As for saying he 'lost' to the HoT, he didn't. He actually fought him to a standstill and then broke the fight off, with him explaining later that he broke off as he needed the HoT to stop Vitiate meaning he could have actually won the HoT fight. Regardless of whether he would have won it or not doesn't really matter though as by the time of their duel the HoT was already considered the most powerful Jedi in the Order by multiple people. Also keep in mind that he is noted to have killed over 1000 Jedi and Sith during his 300 year tenure as the Wrath meaning he has much more experience than his successor. He was also considered a peer to Meetra Surik during Revan (though she was weakened), 300 years before his prime.

As a Force user we've seen him telekinetically choke and kill a bunch of Sith and troopers without making any gestures, during Revan he slammed a Patrol Droid so hard that it shattered, he was able to telekinetically off-balance a Dark Council member and he frequently used Lightsaber Throw which covered great distances and could kill Sith. Once again, apart from the first feat, he was 300 years pre-prime so without doubt he improved. Scourge could also use the rare ability known as Consume Essence which lets him use his opponents "raw emotions" to amplify his own strength and power, the more powerful the opponent, the more powerful he can become. Saying this would be useful against the Wrath would be an understatement as it would amp him extremely. He is also skilled in using physical augmentation, being able to run so fast that a programmed Patrol Droid couldn't react to him and a programmed Blaster Turret couldn't track him, moving his lightsaber so fast that it created precise blurs (whilst in heavy armour) and being able to jump over a nine foot fence. Another advantage he holds is being unable to feel pain as through out his 300 years as Wrath he grew numb to the pain caused by the Emperor's ritual. Again this was 300 years pre-prime Scourge and considering the amount of times Darth Nyriss and Revan stated his potential was massive I have no doubts he improved.

Personally I think that Scourge is actually the perfect opponent for the new Wrath as he has knowledge of multiple forms, has the trump card Consume Essence meaning the angrier and more frustrated his opponent gets he gets stronger and he has some impressive feats even before his prime. Add the fact that he has 300 years of experience and growth over the new Wrath and that the new Wrath's emotions will empower him, I feel Scourge would take this. Great match though OP.

It would be pretty weird if a companion is more powerful than than the player, but given Scourge's background, at least in chapter 2, there is a strong possibility he is more powerful than the Knight. - At least during chapter 2 or throughout the class story. / I an inclined to think he helds back in their encounter at end of the Knight's chapter 2 /

At some point the HoT most probably catches up and surpasses him though, after the class story.

Edited by Kaedusz

It would be pretty weird if a companion is more powerful than than the player, but given Scourge's background, at least in chapter 2, there is a strong possibility he is more powerful than the Knight.

He probably surpassed Scourge at the start of Oricon IMO.

Edited by PadsterPwns

He probably surpassed Scourge at the start of Oricon IMO.

Or much much earlier than that.

The stuff before was all in a best case scenario for Scourge. The HoT and the Wrath are complete powerhouses so it is just as likely not true. Scourge would just remain the most powerful when compared to other companions.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 3 months later...

Scourge all the way in my eyes. He's accumulated 300+ years of wisdom, knowledge, power and strength. He's immortal, pain means little to him.

Yes the JK 'overpowered' him at the Emperor's fortress but who's to say that wasn't merely Scourge and the Emperor testing his/her merit? Why would he go beastmode on the JK when he can toy around instead, provide a false sense of security and test the JK in combat knowing he himself cannot die anyways? And we do know Scourge was in fact looking for 'proof' that this JK truly was the one who'd according to his vision defeat the Emperor. He admits to that when he pledges loyalty to the JK and is asked why he didn't do something to help the JK sooner. He had to be certain.

No he didn't/couldn't defeat the Emperor himself but there could be dozens of reasons for that. Most primarily, Scourge never actually even tried to take the Emperor on himself. Revan did. All Scourge foresaw was Revan's failure and a vision of the HoT who'd succeed, in which he put his faith. For all we know he could have done it himself.