How is Nadia?

Cathest

Thinking of making a shadow just cuz I loved sin. How is Nadia though? From what I read, is she just like ashara, young and annoying? How did y'all like her?

Nadia is a lot more tame. No teenage angst - just good-natured curiosity and humor.

Personally, I liked her, but I guess that it depends on what you want in a companion. Are you planning on being LS or DS?

Plan on being LS. Yeah ashara really made sin feel blah, especially after 50... At least Nadia can be thrown in something that's not a winter suit. And if her personality is even a little more mature ill be happy.

Aside from that, being rep, having stealth, and being a Jedi, shadow sounds like it will be much enjoyable.

Nadia is very sweet. They get along really well with my LS sage, both for companion afection and as a fighting combo.

I'm running what amounts to "dual Shadow". I'm Kinetic, she's close to Balance-ish (the skillset of MDPS companions involves DoTs and AoE Force in Balance-like attack).

Very efficient, not to mention she's super-convenient to gear up.

I'm running what amounts to "dual Shadow". I'm Kinetic, she's close to Balance-ish (the skillset of MDPS companions involves DoTs and AoE Force in Balance-like attack).

Very efficient, not to mention she's super-convenient to gear up.

Excellent point on the gearing! Made my day

when does nadia join you? i know its on belsavis but is it at the end of the planet or sometime in the middle?

Also does Nadia have a lot of Ex bfs? One thing I love about Kira she doesn't really talk about an ex so my guardian didn't flirt with anyone so we were like "made for each other by the force"

Kinda sucks cus I don't get Nadia til chapter 3, and here I am refusing all flirts, and I'd hate to be on Nadia's last Convo and have her say "wow your so much better than my last 200 boyfriends, let's get married!"

Edited by Cathest

You get her at the end of Belsavis, which was way to late in my opinion. As for Nadia, she does not say anything about past relationships so I would assume that there were none. Bioware could surprise us in the future, but I don't think that that is very likely.

Agreed very late, but great reply thanks!

Well I got Nadia in no time to max affection on my Sage. She is as Lightsided as she can get. Makes for an awesome companion in combat too. Me healing and dpsing, and Nadia just trashing mobs. Just have to keep an eye on her health.

Just started a Shadow, and it would be nice if I could take her on my journeys. Although I think I might be better off with a healer companion this time around.

I think it would depend on what kind of Shadow you plan on playing.

As a tank, I loved getting Tharan, and never used anyone after that.

As a DPS, I guess having another Shadow (basically what Nadia is) would be interesting.

But I agree with everyone else, she becomes a true Companion WAY too late in the game.

And I certainly couldn't imagine starting a new character with the sole intent of getting to run around with the last companion they get =) That's like saying "Gee, I can't wait until I hit 50 and basically beat the entire game, just so I can unlock a ranged DPS assassin droid!"

Oh wait...

In my opinion Nadia was one of the worst-written characters in the game and her romance was even worse. There's also a few nonsensical things like her inexplicably having a lightsaber despite having no Force training and before she even becomes your padawan.

Stay far, far away.

In my opinion Nadia was one of the worst-written characters in the game and her romance was even worse. There's also a few nonsensical things like her inexplicably having a lightsaber despite having no Force training and before she even becomes your padawan.

She appears with Jedi gear, yeah. I think that's just an artifact of her late arrival in the JC story. I can fix it with head canon--she learned very quickly from my JC and she has 1%er resources from her home planet.

Nadia works well with my TK sage. Sometimes I have to break out Qyzen to pound down a boss, but Nadia kills faster in most cases and can tank if she's bubbled. She gears easily since I can put my JC's old gear on her. She looks much better in Tier gear than my (male) JC, since it's all very feminine. Stock Nadia is somewhat plain, but I found Customization #6 (grey/silver hair with bangs) fixed that.

My JC has all of 100 DS points, so you can romance Nadia with only a minor DS hit.

Nadia has some interesting master-student interactions with the JC, so it's worth raising her affection level with her even if you aren't romancing her.

Edited by MediumD

I haven't had her in my party long, but I was savvy enough to have Flashpoint-acquired gear waiting for her when I did. I don't mind that she had a saber already. As of Quesh, you were giving her a bit of training (at least I was - Daddy Grell asked nicely), so it's not a stretch that she could at least handle a training saber.

My BIG complaint is that she's recruited so late! Heck, most of the other classes have all their crew by the time they're off Hoth, so why are we waiting so long for this sweetheart?

Personality: She is SUCH a sweetie. I'm playing a female Consular to avoid the uncomfortable implications of Master/Padawan romance (Felix is a great guy, and too bad Holiday got jealous, so I'm cool on that front, anyway). She pulled double her weight before I even recruited her - just wished I could take her out to see the galaxy a little sooner. And I wanted the option to pull her away from her daddy's remains give her a hug (kinda like Shep had with Tali)! The kid needs it.

Her dad? I REALLY liked him. GREAT character, and I was freaking tempted to haul that Sith back to my boat for a long "talk" with Zenith and me behind closed doors (because I'm SURE Zenith has some creative ideas on interrogation methods) , but held back because Daddy Grell would have been the first guy on the boat trying to talk me out of it (Felix would be the second). So basically, I'm trying to do right by her because I want to do right by Daddy's memory. NICELY PLAYED, Bioware!

She thinks you're brave, strong, good, and wise. She's trusting you already. Don't screw it up.

Mechanics wise? Nice to see someone who can use my perfectly-serviceable old gear. I actually put a lot of the Recruit PvP gear on her because it's got good L50 stats, but you can't sell it (you get ONE credit for it!). I'll grind for better, but it's nice to have that stopgap for hand-me-down gear. She isn't a damage sponge like Qyzen, but she's a lot less inclined to hit targets I already stunned. Been running her on Ilum, and she handles crowds nicely with those Force booms of hers.

Yeah, she is one of my favorite characters. Playing as a knight, I really miss her, it would be interesting if you could choose the companions that you wanted in your story, but it seems strange to think of her in the knight's story. I think the knight is a bit of a hit team while the consular is more of a big picture commander. I didn't really appreciate how easy Nadia is to equip until I played as the knight, I guess Scourge can use my old stuff if I am a guardian.

Big plus that she gets your leftover gear

She has really great dps and can take a pretty good beating (although she is not a tank and melee slashing animals kick her butt, aka Voss)...

I use her to mow down trash and silvers and "some"TM elites... however for bosses I pull out Theran... based on my playstyle I cant do bosses with her or really tough mobs... its just much easier with Theran...

side note... as other said... if you buy her up to 6k affection (cost 43k if you follow the guide)... then she gets to 10k max almost instantly so long as your light side'ish

waitin for same sex relationships as felix doesnt really do it for me...

as for getting her too late... I only think people say that cuz if ur male Sage she is your romance and you should get her earlier just from that perspective

Just started a Shadow, and it would be nice if I could take her on my journeys. Although I think I might be better off with a healer companion this time around.

If you join the ranks of the shadowtanks, you can use nadia as your dps comp. Sure theran is a decent healer, but you kill things quicker with nadia. She will probly be your best geared comp because she wears all your handme downs.