Unintended Crit Crafting Nerf/Bug?

Slyness

Situation:

Crafting 'Hooligan's Jacket' with a lvl 50 companion with maxxed affection.

15 tries, no crits. This is quite unusual for me previous to Tuesday's (4/24) patch.

I know it's a small sample size and may just be a string of bad luck, but is anyone else noticing something similar? I prefer to check before using up more mats.

Thanks for any responses.

Situation:

15 tries, no crits. This is quite unusual for me previous to Tuesday's (4/24) patch.

I know it's a small sample size and may just be a string of bad luck, but is anyone else noticing something similar? I prefer to check before using up more mats.

just bad luck

random is random

The other day i crafted 10 orange googles, not a single one with augment. i was pretty pissed.

a few days later, i started a new batch of 5 of the same googles, the first 3 crit, yielding 3 out of 5 with augment.

Overall, that is 3 crit out of 15 item crafted so about 20% chance of crit. This seems about right, but you can have a very bad serie, goes with the RNG approach of the crafting system.

Edited by Vankris

Situation:

I'm trying to crit a couple Black Hole implants. Made 12 so far, zero crits. =( I think that's a little pricier than yours. ;) Luckily I can 'reverse engineer' the result and get almost all my mats back!

(I.e., [General Chat] Anyone want a black hole implant? Free in exchange for the exotic mats required!)

For every person who gets 0 in 15 tries, there is somebody who gets 3 in 5 tries. The difference is people don't come to the forums and complain about good luck, so all we see is an over-abundance of people with bad luck, which makes everybody think it's broken.

RNG probably, but I was thinking the exact same thing as the OP. Not sure my sample size is large enough to say it's been nerfed but prior to the last patch I was averaging one crit in every five BM orange crafted. Now I have crafted about 40 with 2 crit. Could be RNG, could also be a change (intended or not). I plan to craft about 40 more today to see if my luck changes.