paowee

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did HM TFB Kephess and got

:eek:4305 DPS >>> http://www.torparse.com/a/183930/50/0/Overview

Fully buffed my stats were:

I'm using the 63 dread guard main hand, 72 gloves, verpine implant, and black market implant and earpiece.

Tech damage

1210 bonus damage

109.97% acc

23.89% crit

61.35% surge

3.15% alacrity (79 alacrity lol + alacrity talent)

Min-maxing this fight will only require a little bit more attention on the burn phases but can increase your DPS a lot. I'm sure there are other ways to do it but this works great for me.

1. Do Orbital with ~3 seconds left on Kephess' channel
  2. Refresh CG and CD
  3. Cull
  4. SoS
  5. Cull into EP (just before the debuff runs out)
  6. Repeat the above as much as you can for every burn phase (ofc Orbital won't be up all the time)

Edited by paowee

Sick! :eek:
;)

Ok time to get back to Hybrid testing! Here are some parses

LESS THAN 10 MINUTES

Ambush rotation IP - CG - CD - RS - CULL - SOS - AMBUSH - RS - CULL (EP on cooldown, SS debuff always up)

2307 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186296/time/1366529716/1366530136/0/Overview

No ambush rotation IP - CG - CD - RS - CULL - SOS - RS - RS - CULL (EP on cooldown, SS debuff always up)

2276 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186296/time/1366530285/1366530685/0/Damage+Dealt

2277 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/186282/time/1366528912/1366529333/0/Damage+Dealt

9 MINUTES

Ambush rotation

2288 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186304/time/1366532214/1366532756/0/Damage+Dealt

No ambush rotation

2270 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186304/time/1366530265/1366530814/0/Damage+Dealt

2285 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186282/time/1366528912/1366529448/0/Overview

~9 minute duration, cropped to ~start at "activates Cull" and end at "Explosive Probe adds effect."

AMBUSH 2328 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186304/time/1366532486/1366533025/0/Overview

NO AMBUSH 2322 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/186304/time/1366532525/1366533061/0/Overview

Let me know if the links are wrong/misplaced! I think both rotations work just fine. Pick your poison! Imo the No ambush rotation is good for those having energy problems. It is a good practice rotation for people new to the Hybrid spec as well. The difference doesn't look like it is big in long drawn out fights. In shorter/burst fights tho the Ambush may/could have a slight advantage.

I personally use the Ambush rotation. Old habits die hard.

Edited by paowee

What is the rationale for putting CG and CD together without a 1 GCD filler? Obviously the reduced energy cost is nice, but you're really only in danger of capping there if you *start* the rotation at full energy and have EP rolling, which can't actually happen (without completely broken AP usage) due to the increased cost on EP. I would think that, due to the way that the timings work out in addition to the non-linearity of energy regen, you're still better off with IP - CG - RS - CD - Cull. This sequence has the advantage of allowing some variation without delaying Cull. For example, pre-2.0, I would often toss EP between CG and CD so long as TA was off cooldown, avoiding an extra GCD delay. Post-2.0, I would probably inject EP in there so long as my energy is about 95 *or* TA is off cooldown.

Another option which is now open to us in 2.0 is CG - IP - CD - Cull, which should in theory keep us in decent territory for energy so long as we don't start at sub-105. It's going to depend a bit on crit chance. The justification for the early IP used to be that we could use it as a refresh sentinel, but that justification is removed in 2.0 now that IP has no cooldown.

Beyond that, I definitely like the Ambush rotation quite a bit. It makes a really good filler in that awkward period after SoS and before Cull finishes its cooldown. I think I'm probably going to stick with the same rotation that I was using pre-2.0 (IP - CG - (RS | EP) - CD - Cull - (SoS | OS) - (LS | Ambush | RS | EP | SS) (- RS) - Cull (- RS)). The only real difference is that I'll be able to ditch the trailing RS most of the time (depending on EP timing and crits), as well as avoid the second RS between Culls in every case except OS without AP.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

What is the rationale for putting CG and CD together without a 1 GCD filler?

I did notice this after spending some time with this rotation. Because of the reduced energy costs there is really no need for more RS which leaves you with extra GCD's that can be used to to switch around some abilities to reduce dot clipping or fill in the gaps with other DPS fillers. What i like about Hybrid is people can experiment and reinvent the basic rotation and still come out competitive :p

I would think that, due to the way that the timings work out in addition to the non-linearity of energy regen, you're still better off with IP - CG - RS - CD - Cull. This sequence has the advantage of allowing some variation without delaying Cull.
That's right. I found myself sometimes using Shatter Shot in between CG and CD. This will still leave you with 1-2 RS in between your 1st and 2nd Cull and leave you energy capped. I would use either LS or Ambush or EP if available. I was used to doing CG - CD from 1.7 , old habits die hard :p

Another option which is now open to us in 2.0 is CG - IP - CD - Cull, which should in theory keep us in decent territory for energy so long as we don't start at sub-105.
I have not tried it but good to know we have other people still tweaking around with the rotation!

Beyond that, I definitely like the Ambush rotation quite a bit. It makes a really good filler in that awkward period after SoS and before Cull finishes its cooldown. I think I'm probably going to stick with the same rotation that I was using pre-2.0 (IP - CG - (RS | EP) - CD - Cull - (SoS | OS) - (LS | Ambush | RS | EP | SS) (- RS) - Cull (- RS)). The only real difference is that I'll be able to ditch the trailing RS most of the time (depending on EP timing and crits), as well as avoid the second RS between Culls in every case except OS without AP.

I got into a habit of just using EP on the fly or whenever i feel like squeezing it in. Usually after 1st Cull. I have NEVE Rused it in between CG and CD, like you suggested. It's worth giving a try :D.

Here are imo some rotations i've come across with from spending time on the dummy and talking to a bunch of people on my server and here on the forums:

IP - CG - CD - RS - CULL

IP - CG - RS/EP - CD - CULL (Keyboard)

IP - CD - RS - CG - CULL

CG - RS - CD - Cull - IP

Edited by paowee

I got into a habit of just using EP on the fly or whenever i feel like squeezing it in. Usually after 1st Cull. I have NEVER used it in between CG and CD, like you suggested. It's worth giving a try :D.

Practically, I will generally insert EP into the rotation either a) before SoS if my energy is high enough, b) after SoS, c) after SoS - RS, d) after the second Cull, or e) between CG and CD if TA is up. I like fitting EP in between the DoTs because it maximizes the value of TA without delaying Cull, but it's a pretty situational thing depending on energy levels. I do find that delaying EP is really, really bad idea in general both due to energy and DPS loss, so the only thing I consider to be higher priority in terms of energy allocation is Cull.

It *is* really nice though in the opening moments of the fight. My opener usually looks like this (assuming someone is armor debuffing for me):

OS - Ambush - IP - CG - EP - CD - [AP - TA - Adrenal - Relic] - Cull - SoS - [Laze - Distraction] - Snipe - RS - Cull (- RS)

Square brackets are off the GCD, while the parenthetical RS at the end is energy-dependent. The advantage to the EP in the shown position is pretty obvious: less time in low energy before AP, less delay before the first Cull, and no wasted charges on the GCD between DoTs without TA.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

• 3 weeks later...
Some ppl have always said play hybrid etc. But personally I have always liked full lethality and always trusted on it. There were always questions "is lethality viable". Here is little parse to show some ppl that lethality is really viable build to go for. http://www.torparse.com/a/222092/time/1368231657/1368231971/0/Overview

Very nice! Can you post your stats? I'd love to swap over to Full Lethality but haven't gotten the time to test it.

You had a 41% Crit chance.. does this mean you invested a lot in Crit? Or was this a lucky parse? Have to be thorough here.

Also i noticed you cropped out the beginning of your log to exclude putting CG and CD up?

You used Corrosive Mine. Does this mean on a boss we have to be in melee range to use Covered Escape, a playstyle similar to Full Engineering?

Edited by paowee

There is actually small luck with some skills and small unluck with some skills.

My crit is 28%, so dots are ~40% with skill and cull+sos 36%... Not sure does cull also take advantage of periodical dot? Since I always have more crits on cull than that 36%

About the start of the fight i started with orbital then dots. Whitout cropping dps would be 10-20 less.

And about the corrosive mine. Sure that can be used and should be used on some bosses where it doesent really matter are you range or not. If you cant use it, just replace it with rifle shot or sometimes maybe with lazetarget snipe. If i would not use it in dummy i would replace it with rifleshot i guess and dps loss is not more than ~20.

Here is some stats what i have atm:

Tech bonus dmg: 1404.1

110.4% accuracy

67.87% surge

3401 cunning

Wow, that parse really makes me wonder if its worth investing in some crit! :o

Edit: Would you mine telling us how much crit rating and power you're running?

He mentioned: 28% tech crit chance. With the lethality +12% DoT talent his dot crits should be at around ~40%. That is very high and needs investment in a lot of Crit gear (something I do not have :( and perhaps the reason why my Full Lethality parses are a lot lower than my Full MM).

With 0-100 Crit my DoT crit chance is around 30%. I think he using around 200-300 Crit rating in his gear to get his dots to crit almost 45% of the time. You could write us a post about it Naras!

P.S. have you tried Lethality Hybrid with that amount of crit rating? What are your results?

Edited by paowee

Did a little bit modification on gear already. Now im 27.79% crit with 268 rating. Dot crit change is +12 so dot crit is 39.79%. My power is 845 atm and using partisan and conqueror pvp power proc relics. Im trying to keep crit around this and invest power/surge later.

edit: I have tested hybrind, brings me around same dps or even little bit less in the long run.

Some parses from yesteday:

http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Terror+From+Beyond/Operator+IX

http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Terror+From+Beyond/Kephess+the+Undying

Edited by ZetaaZ

im 27.79% crit with 268 rating.Im trying to keep crit around this and invest power/surge later.

What do you think of 300 crit rating build? Have you tested it? Just really curious since that was the established stat rating for Lethality and Hybrid snipers back back in 1.7 (and then the PTS came and now in 2.0 people dismiss crit rating all together) :confused: Edited by paowee

For me its working quite nice. Needs to be tested later whit 0 crit compared to ~300 when i have items for it.

I have recently parsed Full lethality with 0 Crit and the results are underwhelming (versus MM with the same stats build) >_<. Will post the logs later tonight.

Edited by paowee

Tech bonus dmg: 1404.1

110.4% accuracy

67.87% surge

3401 cunning

also nice stats. i am at..

tech bonus dmg; 1414

100.72...% acc

65.65% surge

3252 cunning

272 crit rating

testing out full lethality right now with these stats. i tried hybrid with more crit (finally got some crit gear) and it was around 50 DPS from the ~0 crit build i have.

First i'd like to say thanks to everyone who participated and helped in creating this Hybrid guide. It was great talking to everyone and learning from each other!! However taking into account BioWare's stance on Hybrid builds, the changes they made to bring MM , Engi and Full Lethality up to par, and finally due to real life.. i will no longer be maintaining and updating this guide. For these reasons i've requested for this thread to be removed from its sticky status.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by paowee

• 1 month later...

Been having some Hybrid questions and thought i'd updated this 1.7 guide with the right 2.0+ links (specs for example). The rotations are pretty much still the same and did not change from 1.7 to 2.0

EP (IP > CG > CD > CULL > SOS > (lazed snipe or ambush) > CULL)

IP > CG > CD > CULL > SOS > EP > CULL.

IP > CG > CD > CULL > OS > RS (1 or 2) > CULL (when no burst energy regen ability is available)

my favorite:

IP > CG > CD > CULL > EP > OS > ~ > CULL (cluster bombs will give you burst energy regen while casting OS)

The major change Hybrid got in 2.0 was the increased energy regen and lower energy costs which made it FAR easier to play than it was pre-2.0. But like i mentioned before, in between the fun Engineering spec and the new 36/3/7, i think i'l lbe spending less time as Hybrid and because of that asked for this thread to be unstickied >_<;

Edited by paowee

need some advise on my rotation for hybrid

(Note: gunslinger terminology)

Right now im doing something like

Shrap bomb>filler>vital shots>shockcharge>wounding shots

then followed by 4 GCD of filler

filler i will use a buffed charged burst, FFB, sabotage charge, and possibly aimed shots to take up 2 filler spots.

is this a decent/correct rotation? im sitting atjust shy of 2900 cunning and am able to hit 2700 consistently, but im just wondering if im getting the most out of this.

i stack 2x2set bonus'

thanks in advanced

need some advise on my rotation for hybrid

(Note: gunslinger terminology)

Right now im doing something like

Shrap bomb>filler>vital shots>shockcharge>wounding shots

then followed by 4 GCD of filler

filler i will use a buffed charged burst, FFB, sabotage charge, and possibly aimed shots to take up 2 filler spots.

is this a decent/correct rotation? im sitting atjust shy of 2900 cunning and am able to hit 2700 consistently, but im just wondering if im getting the most out of this.

i stack 2x2set bonus'

thanks in advanced

Um I would definitely put shock charge first, then shrap bomb, then vital shots, then wounding shots. And don't think of fillers as GCD related. Think of it as until WS is up again. Don't lower your DMG by delaying WS. You want dots up during second WS. Use SC, AS, and CB as filler priority. When SC is up do that followed by AS. When it is in cool down use SC followed by a buffed CB. You can try doing Ambush before applying dots, or using SC before first WS using CB in every filler period.

And hey I think I played you in PvP very recently...hmmm...and beat you in DMG. xD.

Good luck :)

Edited by MasterJacer

Um I would definitely put shock charge first, then shrap bomb, then vital shots, then wounding shots. And don't think of fillers as GCD related. Think of it as until WS is up again. Don't lower your DMG by delaying WS. You want dots up during second WS. Use SC, AS, and CB as filler priority. When SC is up do that followed by AS. When it is in cool down use SC followed by a buffed CB. You can try doing Ambush before applying dots, or using SC before first WS using CB in every filler period.

And hey I think I played you in PvP very recently...hmmm...and beat you in DMG. xD.

Good luck :)

all of my dots have a 0% downtime and the only dot that gets clipped is schrap bomb which has a .5 seccond clip off the tail end on reaplication i onlt say 4 GCD between WS becuase thats the duration of WS's cooldown

That's one reason why my Hybrid play has deteriorated over the months. I use fillers during dot reapplication when i SHOULD be using em between WS/Culls (stuff like SaboC/EP, FS/SS, FoB/RS).

Boss pointers:

KEPHESS THE UNDYING

As we all know switching targets as DoT spec is a pain in the a. But sometimes you got to be on add duty because you are ranged and no one else can do it. In Kephes The Undying in TFB (HM/NiM) what you can do when assigned to energy distortion duty is:

Initially on Kephess > CG > CD

Adds are about to spawn (assuming you camp in mid or roll into mid to tag an add):

Target distortion > IP > CG > CD > Cull

Target distortion > SC > SB > VS > WS

By this time (well in my raid group at least) Kephess is about to, if not already channelling his laser beam:

Retarget Kephess > Orbital Strike > (RS/TA if needed, AP if you mess up your energy) > (Ambush or LS filler if needed) > CG > CD

Retarget Kephess > Flyby > (FoB/IM if needed, CH if you mess up your energy) > (AS or SLCB filler if needed) > SB > VS

EDIT: Or you can do Kephess > CG > CD > OS

Kephess > SB > VS > Flyby

Kephess should be knocked down:

Kephess is on the ground > Cull > EP > SoS

Kephess is on the ground > WS > SaboC > SS

Kephess stands up and you repeat (run to mid or roll to mid to tag an add):.

Pointers: be sure to stand beside Kephes so your OS/FB can finish of the distortion.

Idea is to let your dots tick while you prep Kephess for the incoming burn phase (OS/FB + 2 DoTS)

If you find that you have some spare time, use Ambush/AS or 1 Snipe/CB or auto-attack to bid your time.

You want Cull, SoS and EP / WS, SS and SaboC to be used on Kephess during each burn phase (OS/Flyby if applicable).

Edited by paowee