Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development

Riotus

I'm sorry to disappoint, but we don't have any new information or updates regarding Space right now. We've definitely heard your requests for news or info, though, and will keep passing up your interest!

well, lets hope it makes its way to swtor eventually.

if raiders of rohan was possible maybe space is possible as well.

on a separate engine obviously.

Edited by vandana_

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to disappoint, but we don't have any new information or updates regarding Space right now. We've definitely heard your requests for news or info, though, and will keep passing up your interest!

Just a yes or no, answer is all I am looking for, no updates no details, with your answer, one can assume it has been shelved atm while the transfer to f2p takes place or scrapped all together. No new information is needed with a yes or no answer..:)

People have said SWG and JTL used seperate engines, I dunno how true that is.

However the newest versions of the Hero Engine do support "space"....... and frankly upgrading the whole game to that might solve a lot of other problems too.

If all they do is mildly take space off the rails then it's never going to be what most people want.

JTL client was the same as SWG client, so no, JTL was not developed for anothre engine.

But lest's say it could be another engine. The problem is not a question of graphics, is how the client negotiates data traffic with server side of the engine, so basically ground and space engines must be the same because they've got to understand and be undertood by the server side.

Use the later versions of Hero engine is no possible. BW adtimited that they have changed so much the version of their engine to the point is no longer compatible with any subsequent version.

Edited by Diktat

People have said SWG and JTL used seperate engines, I dunno how true that is.

However the newest versions of the Hero Engine do support "space"....... and frankly upgrading the whole game to that might solve a lot of other problems too.

If all they do is mildly take space off the rails then it's never going to be what most people want.

Not true, unfortunately. Which sucks... JTL would be so nice.

• Dev Post
I got some info from Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about this for you! He says that the "super secret space project" is certainly not dead and is in development. Unfortunately, we're not ready to say much more than that about it. We do, though, have more space content coming in the near future, and will continue work on the "super secret space project!"

I got some info from Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about this for you! He says that the "super secret space project" is certainly not dead and is in development. Unfortunately, we're not ready to say much more than that about it. We do, though, have more space content coming in the near future, and will continue work on the "super secret space project!"

Thank you very much for the confirmation that it is still alive, it is appreciated :D

Ah ... it was option 2.

Edited by Urael

Seems I was right MMMmmm!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut huh?! ;)

Glad you were correct, even more pleased that they have confirmed it...with the massive changes we've seen, I take nothing for granted.

Super excited. Thanks Allison!

Secret space project is waaay far away, they dropped that months ago to work on the F2P model so they could try to save this sinking ship.

You wont see any new content for at least 6 months while they tweak and pump out crap and P2W items for the cash shop.

You may not get new content but you will be able to buy all the legacy stuff with real money that you couldnt afford with in game currency.

11 days 8 hours

Secret space project is waaay far away, they dropped that months ago to work on the F2P model so they could try to save this sinking ship.

You wont see any new content for at least 6 months while they tweak and pump out crap and P2W items for the cash shop.

You may not get new content but you will be able to buy all the legacy stuff with real money that you couldnt afford with in game currency.

11 days 8 hours

Wrong, see above.

11 days 8 hours

Aha, so you can see the future! Could you let us know the date when you're going to stop being so cynical? I look forward to that.

Omg thank you so much Allyson! Im absolutely amazed that my op was Friday, u responded on Friday and then again today with an answer! Ive had a really bad day today and you completely turned it around with your amazing follow up, thank you so much! I cant wait to hear more!

You are the best!

Star Wars Last Stand............Just where are they getting the money from to keep developing content for SWTOR.....free to play is not tll Nov......Few people if any are playing now I would say 50,000 at the most. It will be interesting to see just what comes out , and what is another last ditch effort to keep the few players subscribbing , with the hope of vaperware. I'm afraid it will be like SWG gutted, or Earth ,and Beyond ....game over they pull the plug on it.

If you said that they have not done anything with the SSSP then you were.

All that answer was was we are getting more of the railed space missions and anything else isnt happening anytime soon.

How long has the SSSP been in developement now 9 months and all they can say is its still in developement?

Edited by Emeda

Is good to know that SSSP is still in development, but it will take no less than a year bring it to life, that if they are really revamping the space content. However, it'll be sooner if what they are doing is keep the actual instanced misions but just make them free flight.

I'm open to be surprised but I confess I'm quite pesimistic (I suppose I don't have to explain why) and I don't expect it to be JTL-like space content.

If you said that they have not done anything with the SSSP then you were.

All that answer was was we are getting more of the railed space missions and anything else isnt happening anytime soon.

How long has the SSSP been in developement now 9 months and all they can say is its still in developement?

They could come out tomorrow (hint hint) and give new information and she would try and distort it. The fact is SWTOrR is making the right choices here. SWTOR will have over 5 million players in a year if not more do to going FTP. It's the future of MMO's you don't have to like it but you will have to accept it.

The SSSP will be out in 4 -7 months from what I know and will be a paid expansion for ftp and subs. It will be a huge game expansion on top of all the other stuff coming this year.