Epic Warzone? 40+ man?

Xcore

I just played some WoW BGs and realized how fun AV is (even though it is now only a butchered version of the epic original). I just feel so bored of 8v8... It doesn't feel epic at all and Ilum is about as awesome as drying paint.

So, my question... when will we see some epic WZ?

sure, see some epic 2 fps battles =)

never been in illum before?

Do you...not realize that the lag stems from everyone's objectives and valor updating, not to mention zone buffs being applied during base conquests? It has nothing to do with kills alone.

Larger warzones would likely work just fine.

Edited by lJustAlexl

That's funny because on my server, Illum is dead. No One seems to really do ops. And Huttball is always full?! :confused: Hyperspace Cannon is pve guys.

edit: I'd rather see more zone/resource conquering systems like Planetside and the agency online.

Edited by Ekemeister

Do you...not realize that the lag stems from everyone's objectives and valor updating, not to mention zone buffs being applied during base conquests? It has nothing to do with kills alone.

Larger warzones would likely work just fine.

I'm pretty sure the lag and FPS is based on the sheer amount of force lightning, shock, grenades, bombs, explosions, flying stones/droids/rocks/pebbles and an overall really bad coding of Ilum.

Also, there would be some serious queue time for these epic warzones.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Noooooooooooo!

Please god no, those 40-man zerg fests on WoW were horrendous ... hard enough to get into a random team for huttball where everyone knows what to do.

What you mean the 2 day long 2 fps AV's that people afk'd in?

Naw son, that was an epic show of epicness. You just weren't epic enough to appreciate how epic it was.

Epic.

That's funny because on my server, Illum is dead. No One seems to really do ops. And Huttball is always full?! :confused: Hyperspace Cannon is pve guys.

edit: I'd rather see more zone/resource conquering systems like Planetside and the agency online.

That is because your server do not have any reps.

to make 40v40 i think they need to get a new game engine and hire someone that know what they are doing.

Well, I think that Blizzard gets it. The graphics in SWTOR do not justify the terrible framerate that we get on Ilum. I would be willing to put up with a lower, playable framerate for a fun WZ. Unfortunately with the way things are now, you do not get epic battles or a good framerate. It's basically a lose/lose situation. I do not think that PVP will ever be truly successful with this game.

i guarentee in the history of this game there has not been a single 40 v 40 showdown in ilum on any server

1) you'd be hard pressed to find a server with 40 republic in ilum. maybe 10 exist out of 250 north american servers

2) on every server, no matter how many republics there are, there are at the very least double that amount of imperials

the OP's 40 v 40 is actually 80 sith camping 20 republic in their base

I'm pretty sure the lag and FPS is based on the sheer amount of force lightning, shock, grenades, bombs, explosions, flying stones/droids/rocks/pebbles and an overall really bad coding of Ilum.

Also, there would be some serious queue time for these epic warzones.

It can't be the effects (unless a player has a weak machine).

Neither me or anyone I know experiences lag UNTIL the first death that grants valor to the group occurs. In fact, when our zergs encountered one another before the valor cooldown expired, we engaged in a non-lag fight because no one received an update to their quest or valor. The next time we met? Slideshow. Because people received credit and rewards for each kill that time.

It's the system's method of kill recognition and updating quest and valor rewards that's the source of the problem.

i guarentee in the history of this game there has not been a single 40 v 40 showdown in ilum on any server

1) you'd be hard pressed to find a server with 40 republic in ilum. maybe 10 exist out of 250 north american servers

2) on every server, no matter how many republics there are, there are at the very least double that amount of imperials

the OP's 40 v 40 is actually 80 sith camping 20 republic in their base

We actually had around 45 last night. 2 OPs, one was full and the other one was 2/3 full of Republic. The Empire had about 20, then 30, then 50, then it became unplayable.