The Fatman - your thoughts?

The_Old_One

I was just reading this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18927

And I was thinking The Fatman is not bad. It is rather busy and it seems fairly balanced. I could get on a lowbie team almost don't need to try at all.

Although the game is still young, I want to settle in one server and start levelling up a character seriously now. I have picked The Fatman.

Is it a good choice? What do you think about this server as a fellow 'Fatty' or as someone who are living in other servers?

Edited by The_Old_One

whatever server you roll on you should go republic, i kno ppl dont like being pushed into a particular faction, but i really dont want to be on a server where we are outnumbered 2:1. Im rolling republic purely to balance, however i dont really care what faction im in so it was an easy choice for me.

whatever server you roll on you should go republic, i kno ppl dont like being pushed into a particular faction, but i really dont want to be on a server where we are outnumbered 2:1. Im rolling republic purely to balance, however i dont really care what faction im in so it was an easy choice for me.

I have plans to have at least one character on each side. By I am not worried about the differences between both sides yet (I posted my reasons yesterday in some other posts but can't find them now). I just want a lively, friendly server to start with.

I will note that those were the numbers ~15-16 hours after servers launched. Servers have now been up for ~40 hours, and the dynamics probably look very different. From the current server populations, it is looking like Fatman has become the "pile on" server as a lot of PvP'ers are going to want the most populated. Whether or not that is a balanced population is questionable.

How are queues on Fatman?

Fatman is one of the only servers listed as full, so probably not good. This happens to a few servers every MMO launch.

All the skilled PvPers decide to roll on a server and everyone wants in. Soon its over populated, laggy and crashes a lot from stress. Everyone regrets it and either deals with it for months or reroll on a standard population server.

Fatman is one of the only servers listed as full, so probably not good. This happens to a few servers every MMO launch.

All the skilled PvPers decide to roll on a server and everyone wants in. Soon its over populated, laggy and crashes a lot from stress. Everyone regrets it and either deals with it for months or reroll on a standard population server.

and 3 months down the line after all the drifters have quit they are usually the only servers with a remotely healthy population

i will take the queues for a few weeks if it means long term healthy population

Edited by Evuke

and 3 months down the line after all the drifters have quit they are usually the only servers with a remotely healthy population

Well, I've said it before but if there is one thing that's always been a constant with PVPers, it's that when something new and shiny opens up, they'll switch faster than Kim Kardashian stays married.

While id love to be rep (damn friends all want to be sith) fatman is not to bad, only down side is for every one competent player, id say there is about 4 to 6 really bad ones. Im talking "Hey im guard the ball so they cant cap"......In are own goal area.

Also pretty hard to find a flashpoint group for anything past BT, then again im still scoping out the guilds so that's probably a little bias.

But ya keeping in mind of the 30 dayers at launch, id say fatman is gonna be one of the more healthy servers for some time from how its looking atm.

Well you are doing everything right, except making this post. Good job.