People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

i dont know if you've noticed but i'm cheering this patch on!... you however are here making excuse as to why this shouldn't be implemented. so who's QQ'ing? :D

and yeah the button was put in. however people like you are abusing it and guess what! BW thinks so too!

enjoy your penalty when u quit ;)

Clearly "Leave Warzone" was put in to give people the option to bow out in case of extenuating circumstances like excessive bug exploiting, guild calls you up to replace someone in a raid immediately, or real life calls and you must attend to it. All are perfectly valid reasons to abandon a warzone and not feel bad about it.

But using that same button to cherry pick winning warzones was obviously not intended. Obviously. Anyone who believes otherwise is incredibly naive.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one more thing, its the quitters who cant compete.

Que solo, lose match, quit and hope for a team good enough to carry you while you run around and pew pew.

I quit games.

I average 300-350k damage a game and 75k protection, with 9-11 medals. In Voidstar I hug the doors, in Alderaan I hug the towers or if they're defended I help take back towers. In Huttball I either carry the ball or guard the ball carrier the entire game.

Aside from 8vs5, exploits, 12vs8, you know the reason I quit? Because my team is made of idiots.

Getting attacked at a tower on Alderaan with 3 people in the middle of nowhere chasing 2 enemies. Calling "incoming" and losing the tower to 3 enemies because nobody on our team showed up because they're too busy ganking.

Holding a door in Voidstar with 2 people, 6 of our team on the other side, but the other team manages to plant on the other door with SIX of our people over there.

In Huttball carrying the ball and 5-6 people on our team are in our side's pit attacking 2 random people. Nobody to pass to.

Spoken like a true habitual quitter.

As Judge Dredd would put it, "I knew you'd say that."

Good for you. I'm sure you're one of the terribads fighting away from the towers.

Edited by savionen

so tell me this.. you don't think there is a problem now? how things are right now!

and be honest!

No, I see people playing the game how they want to.

It's NOT like the spot stays empty for long, it joins another player in SECONDS.

SO I have no Idea what all your crying is about. That Jackie Chan meme pops to mind.

Keep leaving when you lose and blaming everyone else. Everytime you leave it is Biowares fault or your teammates. I bet you can't think of a possible other reason you could lose. I mean the Yankees would never lose to KC.

Dude, you lose sometimes, deal with it and stop blaming everyone else and quitting. On my server we have a nice mix of players. Within that group, there are some exceptional players. Guys who dominate. (I am not one of them) Those guys NEVER leave, never complain and never insult people, they are just good.

Whoa tonto, don't get so upset, ragey mcragerson. I do lose sometimes true. When I lose they're close losses. Everyone did they're part and I'm happy even ecstatic to provide my best effort for the whole game.

When the majority of the players do not match my effort early in the game, however, I am merely giving them the opportunity to get a person that will put forth the effort that they're putting forth.

So again I ask, why do you expect me to put forth the same effort you or another bad player refuse to put forth?

I will. I'll go off, make a drink, then requeue.

If the game is full of terrible players and bugs, i'll simply leave again.

and that's fine!

with the deserter buff chances are i will no longer run into your mentality every match now!

now it will be every 4th match! which is good enough for me! :)

which also will make you bored of waiting and instead of 1 hour it will take you 4 hours to do the same damage you did before.

all thanks to the deserter buff.

I quit games.

......you know the reason I quit? Because my team is made of idiots. .

Or, you are delusional and don't realize that sometimes people lose, sometimes the other team is good, sometimes they are lucky, sometimes they have a better class make up.

I will. I'll go off, make a drink, then requeue.

If the game is full of terrible players and bugs, i'll simply leave again.

That's fine, and it's really the approach that habitual quitters should be taking.

Abandoning your team gives you a timeout from being able to abandon and handicap another team for a few matches. The penalty could be far worse, but it won't be. Use those 15 or 30 minutes to socialize with friends, make a drink, have a smoke, bio break, whatever. It'll be over before you know it. And so long as you keep that attitude, it'll probably go by a lot faster than deliberately AFK'ing in a match and pushing a button every 30 seconds or so to avoid getting kicked out. Talk about an incredibly boring and wasteful use of time.

Or, you are delusional and don't realize that sometimes people lose, sometimes the other team is good, sometimes they are lucky, sometimes they have a better class make up.

That explains why 6 people can't hold a door on Voidstar.

I don't leave games that are close, or where there's competition, or where there's a chance we can come back. I leave when my team is filled with idiots who don't even go after the objective or there's no way we can come back in a 5-0 huttball game, with 10 minutes left, and it's 8vs6 because Bioware decided that we didn't need any more people on our team.

When the majority of the players do not match my effort early in the game, however, I am merely giving them the opportunity to get a person that will put forth the effort that they're putting forth.

So again I ask, why do you expect me to put forth the same effort you or another bad player refuse to put forth?

Because you are wrong. You only quit losing matches. You just blame everyone else. It's great that you stay for close matches, you are a real team guy. Most people don't have your character and leave when it's a 1 point match.

Can you babysit my kids to teach them values?

Keep leaving when you lose and blaming everyone else. Everytime you leave it is Biowares fault or your teammates. I bet you can't think of a possible other reason you could lose. I mean the Yankees would never lose to KC.

Dude, you lose sometimes, deal with it and stop blaming everyone else and quitting. On my server we have a nice mix of players. Within that group, there are some exceptional players. Guys who dominate. (I am not one of them) Those guys NEVER leave, never complain and never insult people, they are just good.

^ This.

I consider myself a middle-of-the-road player. Being permanently disabled in one arm, I just don't have the twitch skills of "pro" gamers. But I never quit.

And along those same lines, the most absolutely exceptional PVP'ers on our server, and we all know who they are (Anchorhead is my server), never quit out. Granted, they rarely lose, and it's obviously not my doing that causes them to lose 'cause I 99% of the time win with them. But when it is a losing match, even early on, they stick it out.

What it mostly boils down to - all things being equal - is players have no control over RNG and lag. Those two things right there can make the most dominant teams fail miserably. But it's also exceptionally humble to realize that no matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

and that's fine!

with the deserter buff chances are i will no longer run into your mentality every match now!

now it will be every 4th match! which is good enough for me! :)

which also will make you bored of waiting and instead of 1 hour it will take you 4 hours to do the same damage you did before.

all thanks to the deserter buff.

When I do stay, I top damage charts, get medals AND try for the objective for wins.

As keeps being said, If the game wasn't buggy as crap, people wouldn't leave as much.

They fix this and make things actually fair, people would stay more.

That explains why 6 people can't hold a door on Voidstar.

I don't leave games that are close, or where there's competition, or where there's a chance we can come back. I leave when my team is filled with idiots

If only we had more people like you, I can't believe Bioware forces you to play with these idiots, total morons. Man, how do you deal with it bro? If I see anyone stupid I leave, if i see a missed pass I leave, if I see a guy lose a 1v1 I leave, if someone doesn't respond to an "inc" i leave.

You are a champ man but too nice, a person of your elite skill level should not put up with mediocrity.

Edited by richardya

I only we had more people like you, I can't believe Bioware forces you to play with these idiots, total morons. Man, how do you deal with it bro? If I see anyone stupid I leave, if i see a missed pass I leave, if I see a guy lose a 1v1 I leave, if someone doesn't respond to an "inc" i leave.

You are a champ man.

Exaggerate much?

That's a bit different than carrying the ball 3 times in a row with nobody on your team to be found. Or guarding a ball carrier 3 times until you both die while your team is MIA.

I'll just AFK-stealthed in the corner if that's what you'd prefer. That way I still get rewards for losing while your team is still down a man. Not like you need me anyway, since you're not going after a win and just trying to get an Assassin medal.

Edited by savionen

^ This.

I consider myself a middle-of-the-road player. Being permanently disabled in one arm, I just don't have the twitch skills of "pro" gamers. But I never quit.

And along those same lines, the most absolutely exceptional PVP'ers on our server, and we all know who they are (Anchorhead is my server), never quit out. Granted, they rarely lose, and it's obviously not my doing that causes them to lose 'cause I 99% of the time win with them. But when it is a losing match, even early on, they stick it out.

What it mostly boils down to - all things being equal - is players have no control over RNG and lag. Those two things right there can make the most dominant teams fail miserably. But it's also exceptionally humble to realize that no matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

That's just it, this game DOESN'T have "good and bad players"

It has players who roll the flavour of the month class and spend all day getting gear.

You go up against these type of players, a team of them, you have no chance of winning. You can be awesome at your class and the other guys could be a team of 9 year olds, but if they have the better gear and class balance, they are going to win.

SO you leave, and join a match where it actually IS fair.

The answer is not to punish people who leave however, one they do that im canceling ...the premade situation is so out of control it sucks and im not staying in those horrible warzones getting killed effortlessly over and over by organized thugs who might otherwise be outside torturing kittens. To put a penelty in place will not be an answer i promise you it will further ruin already horrible pvp. And btw im quite sure op the only reason your posting is because your premades dont have enough sheep for you to kill, not because your on the losing side as a pug, because with or without the afk'ers the pugs still lose, so nice try at trolling.

I hope they do put a penalty in place for leaving a warzone and if that makes you cancel your sub then so be it. Something needs to be done about warzones and I assure you that not allowing premade groups to compete is not the answer. THAT would get more people to stop playing warzones than putting a 10 or 15 minute penalty in place. It isn't fair to the winning team or to the players on the team losing that want to continue to have a warzone end prematurely due to too few players. If you keep losing to a premade group then you should try putting together a group of your own or joining a group running warzones instead of suggesting that they shouldn't be allowed just because you lost.

If only we had more people like you, I can't believe Bioware forces you to play with these idiots, total morons. Man, how do you deal with it bro? If I see anyone stupid I leave, if i see a missed pass I leave, if I see a guy lose a 1v1 I leave, if someone doesn't respond to an "inc" i leave.

You are a champ man but too nice, a person of your elite skill level should not put up with mediocrity.

That's just it, they don't force us to play with them, there's a leave option.

lols.

so tell me this.. you don't think there is a problem now? how things are right now!

and be honest!

I've posted a thread that has an idea to improve the state of instanced, objective-based pvp which rewards individually playing toward the objective as opposed to individual DPS/Healing/Prot in objective matches. So far the only complaints I've heard are from people who can't read, and people who don't want to play towards the objective. It eliminates AFK completely, and you could even place a rule that people do not get rewarded until the match is complete.

It's a new idea, and would require a slight tactical change, but it's effective and steers clear of archaic punishments for leaving that we find in other games where pvp is a failure.

So to your original question: Do I think it's a problem now? Yes I do. Do I think a penalty assessed for leaving will improve the situation? No it will not, it will make matters much worse.

So here are my questions to you:

- Will this penalty force players to put in equal effort to work toward the objective?

- Does this penalty also solve the AFK problem?

- Does this penalty punish players that are victims of bug crashes and programming instability?

- Does this penalty encourage any other bad behavior or "playing the game not as intended" in your words (AFK, medal farming, etc etc)?

Be honest. Think for once.

As keeps being said, If the game wasn't buggy as crap, people wouldn't leave as much.

They fix this and make things actually fair, people would stay more.

I think your expectations of a 2-month retail release game are just far too high, for a game of this magnitude.

Those of us who've played MMO's since it's dawning (edit: since the dawning of the genre, or model - pay to play, and even large scale MUD's, MUSHES, MOOs, etc) have grown pretty well content with the fact that just like anything created by man, games will be imperfect. And the grander the scale of the game, the more imperfect it will be.

There will always be bugs, and with each bug fixed, the potential for a new one pops up. Best we can do is hope they squash them as quickly as possible. Don't don't misinterpret, "...as quickly as possible" as what you expect it to be. Your expectations and reality are two totally different things.

Edited by Nangasaur

Exaggerate much?

That's a bit different than carrying the ball 3 times in a row with nobody on your team to be found. Or guarding a ball carrier 3 times until you both die while your team is MIA.

I'll just AFK-stealthed in the corner if that's what you'd prefer. That way I still get rewards for losing while your team is still down a man. Not like you need me anyway, since you're not going after a win and just trying to get an Assassin medal.

the AFK ban stick is next... don't u worry

is this a lot of peoples first mmo? i mean this has happen in at least 3 mmos that i've played!

I think your expectations of a 2-month retail release game are just far too high, for a game of this magnitude.

Those of us who've played MMO's since it's dawning have grown pretty well content with the fact that just like anything created by man, games will be imperfect. And the grander the scale of the game, the more imperfect it will be.

There will always be bugs, and with each bug fixed, the potential for a new one pops up. Best we can do is hope they squash them as quickly as possible. Don't don't misinterpret, "...as quickly as possible" as what you expect it to be. Your expectations and reality are two totally different things.

It's a 2012 released game (pretty much) With a multi-million pound budget and a more than healthy tester time frame.

The old "but it's 2 month old" defence doesn't cut it any more. They made a **** designed and buggy game, and should suffer for it.;

the AFK ban stick is next... don't u worry

is this a lot of peoples first mmo? i mean this has happen in at least 3 mmos that i've played!

They haven't banned anyone for AFKing yet. And if they DO, do you really think that's going to positively affect warzones? People will just half-*** it and still lose. Forcing people into a losing situation, where hard work offers little reward, doesn't really make people rally.

How about they fix all of the warzone bugs and exploits, and change the dailies, so people don't WANT to quit or afk? They're just making the ragers rage more instead of fixing the actual problems with PvP.

Edited by savionen

NTM there are people who actually like to play, it seems afk'ers and quitters dont.

some of you must play on very bad servers.. I dont see sc's that are imbalanced in way of skill. Perhaps its because I bring my guild, and we make our own luck.

Mybe people who quit are so dysfunctional they can't make friends.. perhaps we need a " I am the best player in the game and can't make friends bracket"?

PS to the rest of the people who like to play this game, don't for get to report afk'ers/exploiters in every case.

Edited by Cebby