QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

What I would like to see!

No Bolster for 55 bracket

Hood Toggle

Guild Tattoos

Rated Warzones Season 1

1 new central hub for each faction based on the same planet

Barber Shop w/ more physical features ( hair styles etc.)

PvP comms/daily vendor moved to the center of the fleet near the bar

Passenger mounts

Animal Mounts

Yoda Race

Wookie Race

Being able to actually sit in chairs

New Hutball maps with new obstacles

CTF game mode for PvP

1v1 PvP arena

Pod Racing

Name Changes

3 completely different sets of gear for pve/pvp meaning don't have two sets look similar.

Day/Night cycles and weather effects

More class and companion storylines even if it is just a little

Epic Item Class Quests.. Example: A Jedi Shadow must do this quest to obtain a double bladed light saber.

A Jedi Sentinel must do this quest to obtain the two epic light sabers etc. Quests like this with rewards that are up to par with end game pvp and pve gear.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there folks,

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in and say that this is a cool thread, and we'll keep an eye on it. We love seeing your feedback, and it is fun reading about the things that you'd like to see and what would make your in-game life better. :D

Hope you're still reading!

1. Work done on the ability delay issues.

2. Charged burst returned to its pre 1.4 sound effect

3. Higher return of prototype/artifact mats when RE'ing

4. Check the loot tables. Every HM and OP I've done recently, every piece that has dropped has the same stat for the whole run, all aim drops, all willpower drops etc. This is not much fun when your stat is not not dropping.

1. Walker mounts(as you can see by my sig.)

2. Racing (pod and/or swoop)

2.Card games (Pazaak and/or Sabaac)

3. Flashpoints that where key moments in KOTOR 1 and 2 (depending on your class you get transformed into a character with almost the same answer choices and your character's voice is the original voice actor for the character)

4. Sith Stalker looking armor

5. Guild flag ships

6. Battlefront style Space battles(yes it can be done.Research it!)

7. Have color crystals that change the effect of the lightsaber blades(like TFU)

8. Add a cape to Revan's robes

9. Have a Pirate/Privateer class(http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601659)

10. Make the vibroswords look like swords and not like sticks that samurai train with(does not seem like an upgrade for it being 300 years after KOTOR)

Implement those and we have a real awesome game on our hands

Edited by DarthSlin

Some things I'd like to see:

-This one is my dream for SWTOR: Design your own Orange gear. When you use this feature, it takes you to a screen which generally lets you mix and match to create your own armor. Want a Trooper chestplate with a Jedi Knight robe? Done.That Rakata JK eye visor with a headset to go with it? Done. It would come out as a Bind on Pickup, Orange or Purple item labelled <Playername>'s Boots, Helmet, Armor, etc. It could cost CCs or Credits, as Bioware sees fit.

-Decorations for Spaceships. Self-explanatory.

-The ability to sit in chairs.

-Color crystals for Spaceship Blaster cannons.

-Companion Customizations for HK-51

That's about it for now.

I think everything is mentioned in the first post, but I would like to add to the character creation by saying:

More useable body types. (ie the ones that are in the game but not selectable such as female Voss)

Also suggesting the ability to have out more than one companion in a FP or instanced Heroic. It would be fun to try.

And the things I highly agree with:

Legacy Cargo Hold

Hood Toggle

Edited by TW-Cool

I would like to see more companion interaction. I'm sure it's a hazzle to bring all the actors back in front of the mic, but to me, the companions were and still is the number one selling point of this game.

More companion storylines, interaction and dialogue would be most welcome.

Quality of life would be greatly improved if:

1) Players could copy keymaps between chars.

2) If rebinding movement keys didn't break them for space combat.

3) If hitting return to med center during an instanced operation returned you to the medcenter INSIDE THE INSTANCE, instead of loadscreen... fleet... load screen...

4) If companions would step outside AoE once per fight the way mobs do.

5) If a companion would pop out in a group of 3 automatically.

6) If companions would automatically pop out once your group has shrunk down to 2 players.

7) If you could UNBIND RIGHT CLICK from QB1-B1.

8) There were guild tax% and tithe% features (tax rate set according to guild rank, and tithe rate set by player) for despositing funds automatically to the GB.

I would like to see an option to turn exp off. Don't like out-leveling a planet long before I complete everything. This is especially an issue if you also do space missions and war-zones.

Prefer to do PVE content at the level it was designed for. Without this feature the game turns into easy mode by the time you get into the high 20's/ low 30's. Especially with all the passive exp enhancements that exist today.

Edited by Diamaht

I would like to see an option to turn exp off. Don't like out-leveling a planet long before I complete everything. This is especially an issue if you also do space missions and war-zones.

<snip>.

What's the difference between doing gray quests that give you like 5 xp and turning off your XP gain?

for me i just want one thing,

an assault cannon with a blaster rifle skin, yes i know there are two skills that would need an animation but just copy one from another skill and good to go.

put it in the cartel market if needs be and i am sure you would recoup any development costs from coin sales as every commando i speak two (give or take) would like option to use rifle as commando, its not like we cant equip them already so no major rework to make it possible

Not sure why people are asking for legacy datacrons; we need more to do in game, not less. I, for one, either hope this does not happen, or it is an expensive cartel unlock for those that really are too lazy to do them on multiple toons.

Things I do want to see:

1. Some sort of summon ability for world boss and event areas.

2. Dual spec and saved UI set ups... This is really hurting the game right now for tanking/healing roles

3. An objective based PvP system in game and areas on world maps. Not much point in PvP otherwise.

4. More mini-games and in game systems/features to give players more to do.

5. Player created content. With devs taking forever for what little is released, this is a no brainer.

6. Expanded class and companion stories. Or Once people level all classes, there will be no more to do and no point in doing Makeb or any further content on more than one of each role.

What's the difference between doing gray quests that give you like 5 xp and turning off your XP gain?

It's the difference between playing the game in easy mode or experiencing the content at the level it was intended. What's the point of doing the quests if we are just wading through with no challenge at all. Better to just start us all at 50.

Edited by Diamaht

Dual specs that saves specs and hotbars and a way to swap gear with a push of the button.

Macros and I don't care what the whiners say, ive been macroing with my keyboard and mouse since beta and theres no reason why someone should have to buy an expensive mouse or keyboard to do it too and macroing has many other handy applications too like mouse over healing and like I said above equipment swapping.

Combat window.

Basicaly I just want swtor brought up to atleast 2005 standards but they could start slow and bring it up to 1995 standards and add a combat window and macros first.

It's the difference between playing the game in easy mode or experiencing the content at the level it was intended. What's the point of doing the quests if we are just wading through with no challenge at all. Better to just start us all at 50.

Is this about an XP toggle? I wouldn't want one, but it's a common request in games.

As a massive crafter who crafts the same stuff regularly to sell on the GTN, I would maybe like to see a way to create crafting 'sets' that I can assign regularly crafted items to, like a single set of armor. So all I'd have to do is farm the mats for a single set, then assign that set to my crew so they can craft every item in that set, without me having to browse my list of schematics for each individual item.

The biggest QoL improvement I would like is a better tracking system for dots, procs and other short duration buffs/debuffs.

Most classes have some sort of proc system in place, where using 1 skill can proc another. I detest how it's currently a case of watching tiny buff bars. I can't even increase the size of the buff bar without increasing the entire character bar.

Give us an on screen visual notification. Or allow us to build mods to provide us on screen visual notifications. A 1cm square buff on my bar which moves depending on other buffs on my bar is not fun or well thought out. I spend my time having to watch a bar instead of watching the game.

That's a QoL fix I can get behind.