Generators

Sirbaldguy

Hello all, I have a question regarding generators. What is the difference between a combat generator and a shield generator other than the obvious that a shield generator gives you a shield? I have tried searching the forums and my search didn't yield any results. Of course I know it's very well possible I didn't search for it correctly, but anywhoo.

Thanks in advance.

You pretty much answered it yourself.

Shield Generator- Gives the shield chance, used if you are a tank spec

Combat Generator- Give more power usually, used if you are dps.

Also, I think the skill to use is different. Shield users can't use generators, and generator users can't use shields.

There might be an exception for certain classes, but I know it holds true for companions.

Edited by JacksonMo

Also, I think the skill to use is different. Shield users can't use generators, and generator users can't use shields.

There might be an exception for certain classes, but I know it holds true for companions.

I was assuming that he was able to use both. Guardian/Vanguards can use both. I haven't been on my Sent. for a while now can't remember if they can use both, but think they are limited to just generators.

Shield users can't use generators

And that is completely wrong.

ALL classes and companions (without exception) that can use shields can also use non-shield generators (or force focus for force users). There is not a single class or companion that can use shield but can't use generator (or focus). All who can use a shield can use both.

Every class that can use a shield can also use a generator (or focus)

Every companion that can use a shield can also use a generator (or focus)

Now advanced classes that don't have a possible tank spec or companions that are not tank companions, can't use shields at all, even if some of them can use generators.

Edited by Eternalnight

I haven't been on my Sent. for a while now can't remember if they can use both, but think they are limited to just generators.

How can you really forget that much?

SENTINELS use an offhand lightsaber!!!

No shields. No force focus. No generators.

Edited by Eternalnight

How can you really forget that much?

SENTINELS use an offhand lightsaber!!!

No shields. No force focus. No generators.

I was meaning if they was restricted to not use them. Before you select Sent. AC you can use them, just never checked after taking AC