ToFN DPS Leaderboard

I_Sithed_MyPants

You also need to get rid of Aimed Shot, do the math :)

8500 damage, 2 shot = 4250 per shot, divide by 2.5sec activation = 1700 per second, so it lowers your overall dps

Beside this, we are more/less even, just more lucky on crits and those ticks from XS make a difference. You're right this is Rakata granade

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always go for aimed shot rather than charged burst

Then you will always score less than you can

My Charged Burts - 10k total, 3 uses times 1.44s, so 2315dps - higher than my overall dps = increases my dps

Your Aimed Shot - 8.5k total, 2 uses times 2.4s, so 1771dps - lower than your overall dps = decreases your dps

Not to mention my ChB will always crit with 100% ratio, while your AS critted 50% so more than its supposed to in longrun, making its dps even lower than i calculated (counting main hand, as offhand crit ratio is insignificant)

But since you won't take math for an answer, who am I to teach you ;)

Cheers

Edited by Shandellon

Clearly you havent taken into account the energy consumption of those CB.

I never said AS deals more dmg than CB, but that i prefer it more.

And this is the reason why :

-Your 3 CB added 33 dps to the total of your dps for 60 energy

-My 2 AS added 27 dps for 30 energy

Because of that loss of energy you probably sacrificed some Shock charges , you had 76 ticks in 5 min, and i had 92 in 5 min ( equivalent of 95 in 5 mins and 10 sec). And we both know Shock charge is to be prioritized over CB.

I know your parser is alot better than mine but it certainly isnt because you used CB instead of AS.

Thanks to your parser i know where i need to improve but using CB is not part of the improvement.

But i do appreciate you taking the time and explaining why you would choose CB.

Edited by MoJozor

I'm running around 38% crit. As for Charged Burst, obviously only with 100% crit proc, and as for timing, hmm, part of standard rotation is Wounding Shots - Furyy of Bolts - SpeedShot - Furry of Bolts - Wounding Shots, so if by any chance I finish first WS at full or close to full energy I'd rather use Charged Burst instead of FoB. This might happen if i pop Illegal Mods or Cool Head prior to WS

yeah, thing is i dont pop illegal mods or cool head before a WS, i use it to pop orbital without dipping in energy in any way and to weave it in my normal rotation.

my rotation as hybrid basicly is, interrogation probe (the energy dot), corrosive grenade (the 21s internal), rifle shot(flurry of bolts), corrosive dart(18s internal) then i do cull, rifle shot, series of shots(speed shots), explosive probe(the... uh... probe ;) ), cull. then repeat. up untill series of shots again, afterwards i use shatter shot(armor reduc, and explosive probe is off of cd) cull then repeat.

now to drop orbital i replace series of shots for orbital (same cast time, and immidiately pop illegal mods/target acquired afterwards. no energy wasted and same cast time.) now if orbital is off cooldown again i pop it inbetween corrosive grenade and corrosive dart (it postpones my cull by a gcd, but its better due to not losing series of shots or explosive probe/shatter shot) then after cull i pop adrenaline probe (cool head) and use snipe with laze target (charged burst) then series of shots and continue the normal rotation. otherwise i'd bleed energy.

now one thing i could do after rethinking it is to drop energy probe for orbital instead of series of shots with the illegal mods. since series of shots is preferred over energy probe. more dmg (same type of dmg) and higher crit rating.

anyway, point out to whatever it is im doing wrong. like i said im normally not hybrid ^^

i'm normally lethality cause its superior to hybrid for raiding so i'm really not experienced with hybrid, and it shows, since i've deffinately made mistake's.

now i also tried that day lethality in an laggy fleet with the same bufs/grenade's and whatnot and got to over 2100 only over 4 minute's unfortunately. i bleeded energy which i couldnt recover because of the lagg. when i used my dot it procced GCD (thus i thought it had hit) without proccing the ability. so it went into lingering and i think it even missed the time after that because all of the sudden i just saw 1 dot on the target -.- so if the 2100 was 5 instead of 4 min i would've posted that. so i think ill just do another lethality someday to get 2100 over 5 min. prolly when i got my gear completed. to give people an idea where different sniper/slinger specs stand compared to other classes.

now the difference between lethality and hybrid on the dummy is only about 50 dps. yet the reason why i think lethality is superior over hybrid for raids is the devouring microbe's talent(works on poisons, internal effect of cull and even the corrosive injection) now thats about 50% of the dmg i do. so its a ~150 dps gain on anything below 30%. and during these raids you have to move quite alot, now if you have to postpone cull as hybrid, you're screwed. cause you will run out of poisons on the target during the 2nd cull in your rotation. while as full lethality you can just run onto your lingering toxins. because having to reapply poisons before using cull is a DPS loss. and ofcourse, the linger poisons does help alot with energy regen.

for example on the tanks in nim i can keep both dots on both targets(thanks to lingering) while keeping the full effect on the target i focus on.(so i dont loose dps on that target), which gives me an insane energy regen. which is nice because you arent able to use cull onto targets in the shield (due to the aoe hitting the shield) and you have to use snipe/ambush/SoS. and due to both poisons being on both tanks i can just go beserk there.(the dps both focus on a different target in our guild, i'm always on the one with the bomb) and i just trail abit behind a carnage marauder while im able to keep up with what annihilation is pushing.

Clearly you havent taken into account the energy consumption of those CB.

I never said AS deals more dmg than CB, but that i prefer it more.

And this is the reason why :

-Your 3 CB added 33 dps to the total of your dps for 60 energy

-My 2 AS added 27 dps for 30 energy

Because of that loss of energy you probably sacrificed some Shock charges , you had 76 ticks in 5 min, and i had 92 in 5 min ( equivalent of 95 in 5 mins and 10 sec). And we both know Shock charge is to be prioritized over CB.

I know your parser is alot better than mine but it certainly isnt because you used CB instead of AS.

Thanks to your parser i know where i need to improve but using CB is not part of the improvement.

But i do appreciate you taking the time and explaining why you would choose CB.

you're both right to a point. it is thanks to CB, ofcourse, dont use it when you start sacrificing things for it, thats a loss. the same is with lethality. after SoS (speed shots) i generally use ambush, but if im lucky with DoT crits or something else i can use snipe with laze(charged burst with the buff) and then use rifle shots(flurry of bolts) which results in a small boost of dmg.

Edited by nitria

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, just like some classes won't get any armour debuffs.

I understand. meh not a controlled environment but still a really nice thread. Unfortunately, The Bastion's attempt at creating a similar topic to foster competition ended up in flames, literally.

This PvP server. Kids just want to fight all day :sul_embarrassed:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560962

EDITTTTTT:* I have just started reading the posts and im seeing some sniper/gunslinger talk! This will take up a lot of my time :D Props again to this server, the OP and the people who participated!

Edited by paowee

Character Name <Guild Name>:Miravi<Vodka and Balalayka>

Character Class:Marader

Character Spec:Annihilation

Torparse Link:http://www.torparse.com/a/97135

Time:23.26.10-23.31.13-5m03sec

Edited by Frogmite
9 KRIVOI

Not to be an ***, but I noticed something wrong - 02:15:45.896 Deathstrider's Bloodthirst effect of Bloodthirst fades from Maximban.

Maximban is a Juggernaut.

Your max hits don't correspond well with the avg hits.

Edited by Samohnat

Not to be an ***, but I noticed something wrong - 02:15:45.896 Deathstrider's Bloodthirst effect of Bloodthirst fades from Maximban.

Maximban is a Juggernaut.

Your max hits don't correspond well with the avg hits.

Where did you see Maximban mentioned in his log? When I clicked the link the log showed this around 2:15:45.896 -

02:15:45.068 Deathstrider's Battering Assault critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 796* energy damage, causing 796 threat!

02:15:45.178 Deathstrider's Battering Assault hits Operations Training Dummy for 131 energy damage, causing 131 threat.

02:15:45.389 Deathstrider's Battering Assault critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 794* energy damage, causing 794 threat!

02:15:45.896 Deathstrider loses Bloodthirst.

02:15:45.919 Deathstrider's Massacre hits Operations Training Dummy for 217 energy damage, causing 217 threat.

02:15:45.986 Deathstrider's Ataru Form hits Operations Training Dummy for 510 energy damage, causing 510 threat.

02:15:46.084 Deathstrider activates Force Scream.

Character Name <Guild Name>:Miravi<Vodka and Balalayka>

Character Class:Marader

Character Spec:Annihilation

Torparse Link:http://www.torparse.com/a/97135

Time:23.26.10-23.31.13-5m03sec

This was done on the wrong dummy, log shows Operations Training Dummy, needs to be done on the Operations Training Target MK-5 on the fleet.

There is a lot questinable things in all LOG's.

Lets take a close look at the leader Ash'ley Jedi Sentinel and his log when we press it it shows DPS 2189, but if we look at the combat itself fight 3 20:24:54 - 20:30:41. We will see that his DPS is 2154.71 Me myself dont wanna be an *** like anyone, so i want Ash'ley or topicstarter to make a clearence about it.

About the rules:

#Must be combat logged on the level 50 Operations Dummy on the Ziost Shadow / Gav Dragon.# &

#However it is not permitted for a Marauder / Sentinel to give his Bloodthirst ability to another player who is combat logging. Or for a player to use armor debuffs etc not available to their class.#

Rep/Imp feet is a common place and if you dont have anyone with you in group (thats not restricted BTW), someone can still attack same target and make hisown debuff's on target, with will not be displayed on your log, but still affect your damage. in that case its better to be at your ship with full party of sages or operativs with will be displayed in log and everyone will know that.

#You may specify a time frame within the combat log in order to negate the effects of waiting for combat to end for example, this will be accepted as long as the time frame chosen is at least 5 minutes.# - a very strange rule, in my opinion it sound like - "everyone can correct their logs, anyway they want it, we dont give a **** about that ".

There is a lot questinable things in all LOG's.

Lets take a close look at the leader Ash'ley Jedi Sentinel and his log when we press it it shows DPS 2189, but if we look at the combat itself fight 3 20:24:54 - 20:30:41. We will see that his DPS is 2154.71 Me myself dont wanna be an *** like anyone, so i want Ash'ley or topicstarter to make a clearence about it.

About the rules:

#Must be combat logged on the level 50 Operations Dummy on the Ziost Shadow / Gav Dragon.# &

#However it is not permitted for a Marauder / Sentinel to give his Bloodthirst ability to another player who is combat logging. Or for a player to use armor debuffs etc not available to their class.#

Rep/Imp feet is a common place and if you dont have anyone with you in group (thats not restricted BTW), someone can still attack same target and make hisown debuff's on target, with will not be displayed on your log, but still affect your damage. in that case its better to be at your ship with full party of sages or operativs with will be displayed in log and everyone will know that.

#You may specify a time frame within the combat log in order to negate the effects of waiting for combat to end for example, this will be accepted as long as the time frame chosen is at least 5 minutes.# - a very strange rule, in my opinion it sound like - "everyone can correct their logs, anyway they want it, we dont give a **** about that ".

If you had ever done a parse before you would know that when you finish, it takes a few seconds to leave combat and so your dps is lower becuase you stop attacking then 4/5 seconds leave combat. You cut it so it gives the ACTUAL dps of the fighting.

Ash'ley used inspiration twice, so what's the point of this leader board if ppl are gonna cheat to get the number one spot?

15% more damage for 15 seconds. If dps is 2189 then damage over 5 minutes is 656700.

15 seconds = 32835 damage so without inspiration that would be 28552.17 damage giving a difference of 4282.8 damage. This leaves the total damage at 652417 over 300 seconds giving an average dps of 2175 which is still first place :) Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Granted this doesn't take into account the fact that during inspiration the damage output is probably a lot more than the 32k damage i used.