Combat rotation?

JonnyBigBoss

I would be interested at main pvp/pve rotations, and at different lvls, say,

At lvl 1-10 my rotation was like this for pvp/pve

at lvl 11-20 etc, etc,

I realize your rotation changes based on circumstances, but I jsut want pure dps when moving is not needed.

My rotation so far leveling up in pve (lvl 18 atm) if its a group of 3+ of non elite mobs i open with death from above which has 1 shot all of them every time. If it is on cd then two of those sweeping blasters always kills groups of non elites. For 1 elite mob with 1 add i always open up with power shot and that incediary dart that explodes after x seconds on the elite. I switch targets and power shot the non elite and he is usually dead by then from the dart explosion. Then i electro dart the elite use rail shot, unload and then rapid shots to finish him off if hes still there. But bare in mind my combustible cylinder does a good amount of damage through out the process.

My rotation so far leveling up in pve (lvl 18 atm) if its a group of 3+ of non elite mobs i open with death from above which has 1 shot all of them every time. If it is on cd then two of those sweeping blasters always kills groups of non elites. For 1 elite mob with 1 add i always open up with power shot and that incediary dart that explodes after x seconds on the elite. I switch targets and power shot the non elite and he is usually dead by then from the dart explosion. Then i electro dart the elite use rail shot, unload and then rapid shots to finish him off if hes still there. But bare in mind my combustible cylinder does a good amount of damage through out the process.

I use a similar method(lvl23), however, in a situation of 1 elite and 1-2 non elite, I use an explosive dart on the non-elite. This makes him panic, and not attack, while the explosion will certainly hit the elite; Who I then shoot with a *crap, can't think of name, it does explosive damage, then fire damage over time, as an AOE*. That in turn also hits the non-elite,killing him, and I finish off the Elite with some tracers.

I try to spread out my AoE attacks to hit everyone, and try to maximize the amount of mobs I can CC for a few seconds by making them panic ( or whatever its called, knockback, on fire, ect).

Just my 2 cents of game play. =) PvP is another thread, and holds a way more enjoyable rotation. (Hint: there is none)

Edited by Mangzane

Simple Fights I generally run:

Death From Above.

If DFA is on CD:

Explosive dart on a mob in the middle

Switch Target: Missile Blast

Switch Target: Unload

Switch Target: Missile Blast

Finish with Rapid Shots

For Strong/Elite Mobs:

Concussion Missile if grouped with other mobs

Kill other Mob

Pull with Tracer Missile

Spam Tracer Missile to 5 Stacks (Alternate with Rapid Shots to Avoid Overheating)

Rail Shot

Unload

If the Strong/Elite Mob is in Melee:

Concussion Missile if grouped with other mobs

Tracer Missile to pull

Rocket Punch

Jet Boost

Tracer Missile until they get close

Rocket Punch

Electro Dart

Flame Thrower

Spam Tracer Missile to 5 Stacks (Alternate with Rapid Shots to Avoid Overheating)

Rail Shot

Unload

They all sound more complicated then they actually are, and with Mako's Heals I've only died a handful of times in the game.

Edited by GigasFist

Depends on what you face. Im level 20 now and you get Tracer Missile then. Which is your main move. Since that level i start with Fusion Missile, Explosive dart, Tracer missile x2, Rail shot, repeat since tracer missile.

If i have a group of mobs i use aoe moves first. Elites are same as above.

At higher level you will practicly spam Tracer Missile with fillers like Rail Shot unload

Well it's situational. I have a couple rotations that I use depending on what's going on. As a 19 healer the simple rotation is probably the most useful

Crit Adrenal - Rapid scan (if heat is low) - supercharged gas - Heal Scan for 10 seconds - rapid scan - Vent Heat - rapid shots - healscan (If CD is up) - Next rotation

It's my get out of jail free card for when the party gets pwnt. Rocks any instance guaranteed. I call it simple because it's mostly just heal scan.

Edited by Darinford

Due to the variable heat system, there isn't really an optimal rotation, but rather a few rules you should try to follow:

Keep your heat under 40%.

This is really crucial, as blowing all your heat quickly will lower the amount of specials you can do over time. To keep your heat down, you should make use of your low-heat abilities or Rapid Shots. Your low-heat abilities will differ depending on spec, but in general abilities with cast times/channels are going to be good for heat regen. Make use of Rail Shot as well, since that costs only 8 heat for both DPS specs. Don't forget to make use of Vent Heat, as well. The converse to this rule is that your heat should never reach 0%, at least while in combat.

AoE when you see the opportunity

Mercanary's have great ranged AoE, possibly the best in the game. The ability order is as follows: Death From Above > Fusion Missile > Explosive Dart > Sweeping Blasters. You should only be using these if there are more than 1 target, and don't use Sweeping unless you can hit three. As some have mentioned, at low levels, a single death from above can take out an entire pack of mobs. Use these when you can.

There's a lot more to it than that, but they always vary by spec. Experiment to find out what abilities do the most damage for your spec/level and start your priorities from there. If you can weave your specials with auto attacks and keep your heat at a reasonable level, you will do good DPS.

Edited by Ingvar

Due to the variable heat system, there isn't really an optimal rotation, but rather a few rules you should try to follow:

Keep your heat under 40%.

This is really crucial, as blowing all your heat quickly will lower the amount of specials you can do over time. To keep your heat down, you should make use of your low-heat abilities or Rapid Shots. Your low-heat abilities will differ depending on spec, but in general abilities with cast times/channels are going to be good for heat regen. Make use of Rail Shot as well, since that costs only 8 heat for both DPS specs. Don't forget to make use of Vent Heat, as well. The converse to this rule is that your heat should never reach 0%, at least while in combat.

AoE when you see the opportunity

Mercanary's have great ranged AoE, possibly the best in the game. The ability order is as follows: Death From Above > Fusion Missile > Explosive Dart > Sweeping Blasters. You should only be using these if there are more than 1 target, and don't use Sweeping unless you can hit three. As some have mentioned, at low levels, a single death from above can take out an entire pack of maobs. Use these when you can.

There's a lot more to it than that, but they always vary by spec. Experiment to find out what abilities do the most damage for your spec/level and start your priorities from there. If you can weave your specials with auto attacks and keep your heat at a reasonable level, you will do good DPS.

The only thing i would add/amend to your post is dont be afraid to get up to ~70 heat in your opening rotation whenever you have vent heat up. Vent heat shouldnt be saved as a OMG help cd unless your in an elite group quest zone or healing a group with elite mobs. All other times you should use vent heat as a dps cd and not a just in case cd

42 Arsenal here.

I've done quite a lot of experimenting with minimizing heat build up. I'm not saying this is the right way, but it is the best rotation i have found.

Tracer x3 > Unload > Heat seeker > Tracer x2 > Rail Shot > Rapid shots 2 or 3 times > repeat.

Take into account that the refresh unload can proc. if this happens, prioritize unload. also, only use rail shot with 5 target locks.

It is very easy to go overboard because you want to use an ability as soon as the CD is up, but if you do your damage will come to a halt real quick if your vent heat is on CD. It's better to keep a steady flow over time than to go balls to the wall and overheat.

Side note for Pyrotech rotation. I never use a power shot without using rapid shots afterwards. At level 30, power shot and rapid shots have a chance to refresh the cooldown on railshot and make it free. Which means you instant cast rail shot when it procs and lose 8 energy without gaining any. The problem with power shot is you don't get the proc until power shot hits which means your already using your next skill by the time you know. I always avoid double power shottting because i risk losing out on a extra proc :(

3x Tracer Missile (improved) for 5 Stacks of Heatsignature

- Depending on the amount of critical hits, auto attack once to get back to 3 / 4 heat vent -

Railshot

Unload

Tracer Missile

Power Shots until either Railshot / Unload are off cooldown or the debuff is running out.

Currently at 28 my pve rotation in a group/boss setting is:

Tracer Missiles till 5 stacks > Rail Shot > Unload. Manage heat, then rinse/repeate. Filler is the auto attack and the sticky bomb thing (name escapes me, I'm at work lol) if AE is not an issue.

Edited by BradFett

Are the vent-enhancing talents from the Bodyguard-tree worth taking?

Particularly for PvP, Improved Vents is a must-have. It drops your heat from 100 to less than 30 by the time you can get another tracer missile off.

I am full Arsenal for fun right now, so my rotation looks something like:

Tracer Missile x3

Heatseeker Missiles

Tracer Missile x2

Rail Shot

Power Shot

Mixing in heatseekers when able and tracer missile to keep the debuff active. I use Unload when Barrage triggers. Usually in combination with Electro Dart or Jet Boost.

Edited by Auilt