What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

Screaming_Ziva

The mount wasn't in any way Star Wars, they already pushed their luck too much with the christmas light mount last year.

This was going too far, the reaction against it proved it.

Your QQ against "oversized" mounts is just deflection.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mount wasn't in any way Star Wars, they already pushed their luck too much with the christmas light mount last year.

This was going too far, the reaction against it proved it.

Your QQ against "oversized" mounts is just deflection.

Not deflection, just merely a comparison. I'm simply not upset with them adding a little Christmas spirit into the game. You may be, and that's your opinion. You are entitled to it. I'm entitled to mine, and I would have really enjoyed owning a Rudolph Tauntaun. Even if it was never in any Star Wars lore (Which, by the way, I have never argued that it was).

Edit: I'm also curious as to why no one has mentioned the current Winter mount, the Sleigh I (I believe it's called). I was taking a break from the game (due to low funds and a not working computer at the time) last Winter, and did not see this Christmas Light Mount. But from the way everyone is hating on Christmas, I'm surprised none of you have brought up that the Sleigh this year has a bunch of presents on the back and jingle bells...

Edited by Soul_Step

Not deflection, just merely a comparison. I'm simply not upset with them adding a little Christmas spirit into the game. You may be, and that's your opinion. You are entitled to it. I'm entitled to mine, and I would have really enjoyed owning a Rudolph Tauntaun. Even if it was never in any Star Wars lore (Which, by the way, I have never argued that it was).

All of this is true, but the fact is that this is a Star Wars game, and there are certain guidelines to games as lore-centered as this one. As lose as those guidelines can be, at times... :p

Edited by idnewton

Sometimes lore arent funn, guidelines are there to broken sometimes. Games are for funn not to seriously i look there werent no red noise tauntaun. **** off if we were all seriously with lore and stuff, then it wouldnt be funn. Edited by SchadowBlade

Edit: I'm also curious as to why no one has mentioned the current Winter mount, the Sleigh I (I believe it's called). I was taking a break from the game (due to low funds and a not working computer at the time) last Winter, and did not see this Christmas Light Mount. But from the way everyone is hating on Christmas, I'm surprised none of you have brought up that the Sleigh this year has a bunch of presents on the back and jingle bells...

Oh, it's just as bad, as was the snowblower from last year. I railed against anything related to Life Day or otherwise last year as well. Nothing scrooge about it - it's simply trying to keep the legacy of the Star Wars IP in tact, even if the original creator makes missteps himself. I would prefer Life Day and the SWHS be removed completely from collective memory because it ruins for me the things that attract me to the lore and make me a hard core Star Wars fan.

Sometimes lore arent funn, guidelines are there to broken sometimes. Games are for funn not to seriously i look there werent no red noise tauntaun. **** off if we were all seriously with lore and stuff, then it wouldnt be funn.

Perhaps you could get a job working on the new Star Trek movie franchise - it seems they agree with you as well. To address this comment fully would take us too far OT for this thread, but whether you think lore is fun or not (or at least should only be applied when you feel like it should) is irrelevant. The thing is, an IP's lore is the very reason why said IP gets a fanbase. Things like Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who are as popular and have lived as long as they have, despite roadblocks like cancellations. It is because their creators have given us a deep and interesting world in which to visit and immerse ourselves. That world is based upon the lore and the history of that lore within the IP's world/universe. Without that, those IP's would not be as popular and would in essence become meaningless. Like it or not, Star Wars lore is why it is popular, why we are getting more movies, and why there have been games created within that IP in the first place. It is why many of us enjoy immersing ourselves in that IP. Without it staying true to itself, the appeal is gone and thus we would have no reason to continue to be fans and want to play in that world.

Edited by TravelersWay

Perhaps you could get a job working on the new Star Trek movie franchise - it seems they agree with you as well.
I don't think that makes the point you're hoping it makes.

Star Trek held to a formula that, quite honestly, people have grown weary of and the new movies breathed life back into the franchise.

So you can take the hard line and stick to everything that was established and watch as your audience (and profits) dwindle or you can offer something that appeals to more than just the hardcore fan and reach a much larger customer base.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=startrek.htm

All of this is true, but the fact is that this is a Star Wars game, and there are certain guidelines to games as lore-centered as this one. As lose as those guidelines can be, at times... :p

Wookie Life Day is a LORE. It's a "canon" for Star Wars Lore.

This is L-canon (from Lucas) . He thought up this holiday.

This is T-canon (television SW shows). The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 TV movie set. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/

This is M-canon (SW movies). The movie actors enjoy it. poster here

So... stop whining ppls. This is lore-oriented game. This is not Xmas. This is Wookie Life Day. This is our likely lore.

Youtube prooflink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5v3VJ4zPM

P.S. and....whatta f Bioware...where my Red-Nose tauntaun and Winter Warrior title? /angry

Edited by Elvaddo

Wookie Life Day is a LORE. It's a "canon" for Star Wars Lore.

This is L-canon (from Lucas) . He thought up this holiday.

This is T-canon (television SW shows). The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 TV movie set. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/

This is M-canon (SW movies). The movie actors enjoy it. poster here

So...shut up and stop whining. This is lore-oriented game. This is not Xmas. This is Wookie Life Day. This is our likely lore.

Youtube prooflink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5v3VJ4zPM

Excuse me, elvaddo, I would most emphatically recommend you follow the conversation before making judgmental and insulting comments. My comment, this conversation, and the thread itself were and are based around the Christmas Tauntaun. The fact that you happen to know Life Day is lore (and the delusion you have that no one else knows the same) is hardly reason enough to barge into a thread you have no prior posts in and make an insulting, incorrect, and off-topic post.

Edited by idnewton

Who not follow, me? Or You?

So...Life Day ( and stop repeating "christmas", no any christmas here just Wookee Life Day) is a canon lore. It's a fact. So.... Life Day looks like Xmas Day on planet Earth. So....why wookiees cannot have any red-nosed animal? Not "Chrismas Tauntaun" as You said, but Special Life Day Red-Nose tauntaun. Cant see any problem here, except one red-nose hater named idnewton.

P.S. sorry my bad english. I hope that was understandable.

If english isn't your first language, why are you arguing technicalities? You would benefit from, you know, actually reading what I said, for once in your life. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...