Why do i keep dying???

Nittus

Hi folks, i'm new to the whole world of pvp warzones and am continuously getting absolutely obliterated by other players, regardless of what character i use or rank i am at.

At first i thought it was because i was repeatedly getting smashed by several players at once, but i saw other players lasting heaps longer than i was facing the same odds. Then i was one on one with another player who was a level 16 Jedi sentinel and i was a level 27 sith assassin, again, smashed!!

I just don't seem to be doing enough damage whilst taking heaps!!

Could anyone please give me some advice as to how to play better in warzones? What do i need to do to avoid finishing up in the last 3 all the time.

Thanks heaps everyone

1. Most likely better gear. You're both scaled up to level 49 stats according to your current stats / level. So if you have for example a purple level 18 item, it will get scaled up as a green or even white level 27 item... it would be best if you have all modable equipment and use blue armorings etc. of your appropriate level (if you can afford these...)

2. Learn about your skills and abilities. Some have a lot of beneficial effects to each other, so that you if you use these in the right rotation, you will maximize your own damage.

3. As you need to know yourself, you need to know your enemy. Learn about what classes do and what they can't. Then you know when to use defensive cooldowns to avoid damage.

Edited by rainbow

Then i was one on one with another player who was a level 16 Jedi sentinel and i was a level 27 sith assassin, again, smashed!!

Level 16 Sentiel can't preform a auto critical high damage sweep/smash.

My guess is that you get obliterated, because you head to action alone and get focused by two or more competent burst classes.

I don't play assassin, but I faced them many times and here are some tips: choose your targets wisely don't head into group action alone or when your escape tools are on cooldown(look around if there are your teammates by your side before attacking), attack from the stealth solo players or low health players only to take them out of action or slow them down, focus on protecting the objectives like turrets or doors - assassins are one of the best solo defenders and the most important advice: learn your class abilities and your enemy abilities. It will come with experience so keep playing.

Step 1:

Wear blue or purple gear as close to your level as possible. Upgrade your gear regularly.

Step 2:

Level as a biochemist or have another toon make stims and send them to you.

Step 3.

Keybind everything

Step 4.

Learn your class

Step 5.

Learn everyone elses class.

Edited by JackNader

It's because as a low level assassin you don't have all your good abilitys yet, meaning you're basically just a squishy light armour class. Sentinel doesn't have great abilitys either, but at low level really the only thing making him survive longer is the medium armour.

Ah ok, Is there also any beneifit to buying pvp gear from a vendor??

There's no real reason other than it has good stats for your level if you happen to have the commendations by level 20/40. Neither set provides expertise. It's purely a cred-free way to get ok gear for your level.

Edited by Jayshames

Ah ok, Is there also any beneifit to buying pvp gear from a vendor??

From what I understand, no, until you get to level 40 or so (I think) when you can get PvP gear with Expertise on it. Until then, it's just a different way to get gear (warzone comms vs. credits or quest rewards or crafting). If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll get corrected. :)

It's because as a low level assassin you don't have all your good abilitys yet, meaning you're basically just a squishy light armour class. Sentinel doesn't have great abilitys either, but at low level really the only thing making him survive longer is the medium armour.

I beg to differ i found my assassin peaked early in terms of dmg capability and good abilities. Warriors on the other hand peak at later levels (35+). So being low level shouldnt stop him from winning a 1v1.

Like heres another example, my lvl 26 jedi sentinal repeatedly owned by a lvl 17 imperial spy, within 10 seconds i was dead, and none of my hits were doing any damage. I was watching his HP and it was barely going down at all, but each one of his was doing massive damage to me. I just don't get it

Like heres another example, my lvl 26 jedi sentinal repeatedly owned by a lvl 17 imperial spy, within 10 seconds i was dead, and none of my hits were doing any damage. I was watching his HP and it was barely going down at all, but each one of his was doing massive damage to me. I just don't get it

Snipers hit much harder then other ranged classes, when you see him start to channel snipe etc use force camo and skills like force stasis to interupt him.Snipers will knock you back when you try to use master strike so try to use it just after a knockback, but smart snipers save knockback for that skill.

Snipers hit much harder then other ranged classes, when you see him start to channel snipe etc use force camo and skills like force stasis to interupt him.Snipers will knock you back when you try to use master strike so try to use it just after a knockback, but smart snipers save knockback for that skill.

Depending on spec it's better to save force camouflage for when he uses his knockback and roots. This will prevent you from being a sitting duck for his big hitters. If a sniper makes a mistake to position himself beside a wall or obstacle use it to your advantage and stand back to it so when he uses his knockback you will stay in same place.

Also use line of sight to close down the distance or make him move so you can leap. It's really funny when slingers/snipers position themselves in the middle of AH behind that platform and you can just run in circles breaking line of sight. I have outmaneuvered two snipers once like this. After about 10 seconds one of them finally got the idea to run in different direction, but it was too late as my team reinforced the middle.

If a sniper catches you on open field and he will not make any mistakes you die.