Collectors edition vendor

belizar

1) Subs have not been tanking, but steadily increasing since CM launched.

2) If you unsub because they have neglected the CE vendor, I think maybe you need to think about your priorities.

3) I'd bet good money that CE gets stuff for the stronghold expansion.

1) Afraid that's just not true. While overall revenue is way up since F2P, the Q3:2013 earnings call for EA specifically mentioned that sub numbers have declined over the previous year. This may be partially due to people switching from sub to preferred and opting to "pay as they go" for things like WZs and Ops though. The drop in subs also doesn't seem to be so large as to constitute 'tanking" IMHO.

2) While personally I'd probably still be subbed even if I had been a CE owner, I can't fault people for caring about giving their money to a company that they genuinely feel reneged on a promise, and I feel like at the least they should continue to call that company out on it if that's how they honestly feel.

3) We'll see, the last time there was a big crafting/customization update they did add dyes to the CE vendor (despite the minor SNAFU there), but I don't think CE got anything special for GSF. Could go either way, honestly.

Edited by DarthDymond

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) We'll see, the last time there was a big crafting/customization update they did add dyes to the CE vendor (despite the minor SNAFU there), but I don't think CE got anything special for GSF. Could go either way, honestly.

Subs did get a free gunship. For GSF CE specific item(s), no. Nothing has popped in as of yet. I gave up on the CE vendor being "special" a long, long time ago.

Not defending this particular EA/BW decision (since I think they should be honoring the spirit, not just the technical letter, of their pitch for the CE), but it comes down to cold hard numbers.

They've got the metrics that say there are [X number] of CE players still subscribed, and they've got people (either amateurs or professionals) projecting that if they fail to release a steady supply of CE vendor content they're likely to lose [Y number] of them in the future, but if they DO release CE content, they're only likely to lose [Z number] of them instead.

The thing is, as time goes on the difference between [Y] and [Z] has certainly gotten smaller and smaller. Most CE players have either already jumped ship or else have shown that the lack of new CE content isn't a determinative factor in their decision to play/subscribe.

With that margin so small, it's probably really easy for EA/BW to make a business decision that "well we can either save this small amount of income (the difference between [Y] and [Z]) by putting this new recolor on the CE vendor, or we can make this projected amount of money by putting on the CM instead. Looks like it'll make us more money on the CM."

Yeh but we've already paid for the exclusive weapons and armor we've yet to see.

• 1 month later...
in all honest i would just forget about it they clearly have no intention of doing anything with the CE we have all been robbed and they clearly do not give to flying "$%& about what they done to those people that went out and paid over £100/$100 for this game, yes i am venting my rage as i really dont care as i feel i have been done over ... 2012 a dev told us that it was getting updated yet its still the same "£$%... Edited by lazze

Would be swell if CEV items could be made Legacy bound (so my Republic toons can wear the unique Imperial Dancer outfit, instead of something identical to the regular slave outfit).

Hopefully Galactic Strongholds might have some CE vendor items as well

Hopefully Galactic Strongholds might have some CE vendor items as well

Time will tell, I would not bet on it though

CE vendor is a long lost cause, a promise broken a long time ago

Edited by Icestar

I don't know if they have many concerns about this vendor. I don't imagine that there are many people on each server that still play that also have a CE. I'm one of them, but I imagine those who do are few and far between. They probably aren't going to spend time and resources on something that only ~100 people per server can use.

I don't know if they have many concerns about this vendor. I don't imagine that there are many people on each server that still play that also have a CE. I'm one of them, but I imagine those who do are few and far between. They probably aren't going to spend time and resources on something that only ~100 people per server can use.

Unless they allow players to digitally upgrade to the CE vendor for $$$ then it would be interesting to add new stuff there.

It's what you do in oligopolistic or monopolistic markets you add an entry fee so not only you make people pay for your services but you also grab a surplus you would not have in a competition market.

Because your consumer's don't have the choice...

That's because they never intended to keep it in the first place.

Please provide a source for that statement.

There are however several official replies were they say that the collector vendor will get more items and be a bonus for those that paid alot of money when the game was new. Do a simple search for collector edition swtor and you will find interesting information, both DEV official responses and interesting suggestions for the collector vendor.

Since then it has been silent without any comments from Bioware for a very, very long time.

Edited by Icestar

Please provide a source for that statement.

There are however several official replies were they say that the collector vendor will get more items and be a bonus for those that paid alot of money when the game was new. Do a simple search for collector edition swtor and you will find interesting information, both DEV official responses and interesting suggestions for the collector vendor.

Since then it has been silent without any comments from Bioware for a very, very long time.

You just answered yourself.

I posted this idea a while back. Since they remove old items from the CM they could add the items to this vendor, make them bind on pickup. It would give us CE players a reason to go back. Yes the items would have to convert to a credit purchase but it would be a way to update this vendor and keep us CE players feeling like we got what we paid for.

I posted this idea a while back. Since they remove old items from the CM they could add the items to this vendor, make them bind on pickup. It would give us CE players a reason to go back. Yes the items would have to convert to a credit purchase but it would be a way to update this vendor and keep us CE players feeling like we got what we paid for.

I don't want old rehashed CM gear, also could you imagine all the butthurt people if that happened?