Marauder leveling specc

hozke

Any advice from you guys in the higher lvls, whats the superior specc for leveling. Im not braindead myself and im sure i can figure out a decent specc, but if any if you guys found some specc superior to the other plz let me know.

Thx in advice :)

Actually, as I see, there are 4 levelling specs for marauder.

Everyone likes one better than the other, you have to find out which suits your style.

Baseline Annihilation , using Juyo form, and the dot rotation, with the Defensive Forms talent for Fury generation.

Core skills of Carnage spec, using Ataru form, with Enraged Slash for effectively 2 rage Vicious Slashes, and 1 rage when Berserk. Ignore Rupture and Retaliation.

Rage spec becomes viable at higher levels. If you put additional points in the other trees, you can lower cooldown and cost of your hard hitting Smash, increase the defense of Shii-Cho form, etc.

This is not a must, or suggested, just some builds I have tried out and used in game.

Unfortunately due to how hard the enemies hit after lvl 25, your kinda gonna have to level as anhilation due to the crit dot ticks keeping you alive.

ive been playing as carnage and with quinn. he has no trouble keeping my alive and never needing to rest. im lvl 41 atm

at lvl 38 easily soloed a lvl 36 champion as carnage and it had 56K health

Edited by WildAce

ive been playing as carnage and with quinn. he has no trouble keeping my alive and never needing to rest. im lvl 41 atm

at lvl 38 easily soloed a lvl 36 champion as carnage and it had 56K health

^ This.

You should do more than enough dps to not use Quinn. The only other companion I will use is Jaena since she can tank and kill one target while I grab the other.

If you properly equip Quinn, he will keep you up with almost max health after every pull.

Edited by Blaaine

• 1 month later...

As a Marauder, I soloed 1-50 in less than two weeks using only dps companions (Vette until I got Jaesa) with a Carnage spec. And after Force Camo, I was always 3-4 levels behind my class quest and planetary level recommendations. In my opinion, Carnage should be your primary choice for leveling for two reasons: (a) the entry skills -- Defensive Forms, Duel Wield Mastery, Narrowed Hatred -- in Carnage build should be included in EVERY BUILD EVER. No exceptions; and (b) the aforementioned entry skills have the most immediate and obvious benefits outside of Hungering.

Further still, a pure Carnage build is far and away the most damage until high 40's, and possibly even 50. Ataru's immediate damage is entirely more practical than Annihilation or Rage just by the nature of Juyo stacks and setting up big Smashes.

This is what my build looked like before I even started speccing into any other trees: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZhGrrddMoMs.1

This was my Carnage pve build for a while at 50: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcbZhGrrddMoMsZh.1

And my pvp build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZhGbbddrorsZGM.1

I am Annihilation build now though, because it is simply just more damage and survivability in pve.

Edited by Budizzle

I am 35 and used carnage till 23lvl then switched to Annihilate spec and it's awesome. I am using a pvp version of the spec and do very well in PvE too. In fact I soloed two elites at the same time with Quinn and almost came out of it full health.

I think it is about playstyle too, not too sure about how specs may relate to that, just I like Annihilate spec and will prolly sink residuel points into Carnage and Rage, and may never respec into anything else, I believe Annihilate to be that good.

Try different specs and compare them against similar mobs and see what you like IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I found that carnage has a gap from 10-19 where it's not very effective for solo leveling (at least not compared to Rage). You spend a lot of time delivering small hits and waiting for rage (Berserk is pretty depressing to watch until you get ataru form).

However, Ataru form is a game changer at 20.